Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which team will make the playoffs in 2013?
Jacksonville 0 0%
Oakland 1 1.15%
Cleveland 9 10.34%
Buffalo 5 5.75%
NY Jets 4 4.60%
San Diego 9 10.34%
Kansas City 33 37.93%
Arizona 8 9.20%
Philadelphia 11 12.64%
Tennessee 7 8.05%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2013, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Voted Arizona after considering Kansas City. But I have a feeling Carson Palmer is going to have a big season and their defense is already really good.
Really? I feel for Carson since he was one of my favorite players 6 or 7 years ago, but that was also the last time he had a big year. I don't see why folks still have faith in him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In order of likelihood IMO.

Kansas City
Buffalo
Tennessee
Philadelphia
NY Jets
Cleveland
San Diego
Arizona
Jags
Oakland

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 07-03-2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: No one caught I put cleveland twice :D
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Really? I feel for Carson since he was one of my favorite players 6 or 7 years ago, but that was also the last time he had a big year. I don't see why folks still have faith in him.
He was pretty good in Cincy in 2009 after losing 2008 to the elbow injury, leading the team to a 10-6 record while being credited with 5 game-winning drives. Things really just went off the rails in 2010 when they brought in Terrell Owens to go along with the Bengals other resident clown, and Palmer basically said "**** Cincinnati" after the season was over. Not condoning his attitude or supporting the decision to "retire" as a rebellion against management, but they gave him two receivers who were more interested in their celebrity statuses than the playbook, and of course that's going to affect how well Carson can play. The defense was mediocre and their running back was Cedric Benson (3.5 ypc). I'll give him a mulligan for 2010. (still had almost 4000 yards and 26 TDs, but hit the 20-INT mark - comparable to his 2007 season, though, when most people still considered him pretty good. Just from a statistical standpoint.)

Then he goes to Oakland and his best receiver is Darrius Heyward-Bey. Think about that for a moment. Last year he was kind of inconsistent, but after a whole offseason and some gelling with the offense put up another 4000-yard season throwing to... who? Brandon Myers?

Now he's going to a team that was 4-1 before losing Kevin Kolb, and along with a good defense and what should be at least as good a rushing attack as he had behind him in Cincy, he's going to be throwing to the most talented pair of wideouts he's ever had in his career in Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd. Rob Housler's a legitimate weapon at tight end, too. Carson isn't washed up, he's just been in football purgatory for a few years.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 06-27-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was pretty good in Cincy in 2009 after losing 2008 to the elbow injury, leading the team to a 10-6 record while being credited with 5 game-winning drives. Things really just went off the rails in 2010 when they brought in Terrell Owens to go along with the Bengals other resident clown, and Palmer basically said "**** Cincinnati" after the season was over. Not condoning his attitude or supporting the decision to "retire" as a rebellion against management, but they gave him two receivers who were more interested in their celebrity statuses than the playbook, and of course that's going to affect how well Carson can play. The defense was mediocre and their running back was Cedric Benson (3.5 ypc). I'll give him a mulligan for 2010. (still had almost 4000 yards and 26 TDs, but hit the 20-INT mark - comparable to his 2007 season, though, when most people still considered him pretty good. Just from a statistical standpoint.)

Then he goes to Oakland and his best receiver is Darrius Heyward-Bey. Think about that for a moment. Last year he was kind of inconsistent, but after a whole offseason and some gelling with the offense put up another 4000-yard season throwing to... who? Brandon Myers?

Now he's going to a team that was 4-1 before losing Kevin Kolb, and along with a good defense and what should be at least as good a rushing attack as he had behind him in Cincy, he's going to be throwing to the most talented pair of wideouts he's ever had in his career in Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd. Rob Housler's a legitimate weapon at tight end, too. Carson isn't washed up, he's just been in football purgatory for a few years.
I remember that season. Carson was up and down. He wasn't great. He was barely decent. Like Alex Smith. Palmer didn't even average 200 yards passing per game that season. Yeah the Bengals made the playoffs, and won the division, but at the same time it's almost like they weren't even in the tournament. Palmer's accuracy and strength faded down the stretch and it was evident in the game against the Jets when he couldn't hit anything. He was just a shell of his former self up to that point. The only two dominant years he had were 2005 and 2006. After the injuries started mounting up he just seemed washed up.

Now it's 2013 and yeah he's with a new team. I think the things going against him are going to be too insurmountable to overcome. He'll have to develop chemistry with new receivers, and that will take time. Fitzgerald is the only proven receiver on that team. Even though they took Johnathan Cooper, I don't think that is going to fix that terrible offensive line. They actually may have screwed themselves over by adding Chilo Rachal through free agency.Then there is of course the new head coach Bruce Arians. The defense was solid last season, but a few of pieces have left (Wilson, Rhodes, Toler). Tyrann Mathieu is a nice addition, but it remains to be seen how he'll impact the secondary as a rookie. Same with Kevin Minter. Daryl Washington is also suspended the first four games of the season. Oh and there is no running game to speak of in Arizona and I don't see that changing. And to top it off they play in the NFC West, arguably the hardest division in the entire league (especially on defense) which is also in the more dominant conference at the moment.

I think Palmer is more likely to get hurt this upcoming season or he'll just play poorly. His best days are clearly behind him and I wouldn't be surprised if he retired soon. But we'll see.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-30-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Jets and the Chargers are both going to be really bad. I would guess that there is a better shot at both of them picking top 5 than either of them making the playoffs. I think Zona has a shot if Carson can just NOT be a bottom 5 QB. Problem is that the NFC is just so stacked. If not them, I would go Buffalo.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
You have BALLS tier:

Jacksonville
Oakland
Cleveland
I'm pretty sure Oakland should be in its own tier of "You have balls the size of the moon."

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two Words:

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Palmer's only had 1 dominant year, 1 good year and the rest have all been average at best. I just don't see how bringing in an average/above average QB behind a crap OL will do much for the Cards. People keep on thinking Palmer is a fantastic QB that just needs more help. No, he's not that good.

honestly, my surprise playoff team I feel will be someone coming from the AFC East. I just feel the Pats may slip this year after all thats going on up there, and say Miami will come up and win the division.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see a Detroit option.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1I'm not talking about coaches or schedules. I'm talking about the roster.

I don't think the backs are bad - I think the offense was stupid last year and Cam takes their production. Stewart is a good player.

2I believe in Star and Short bc of what I've seen from them. They're both talented, which is what were arguing.

3As for the corners, florende is a pro, Norman has all the tools to be a breakout player coming from a transition rookie year, and I've always like munnerlyn more than most. Not big names, but I think the majority of corners tend to be underrated bc people only remember when they get beat and not when they do their job.

4There aren't 5 teams on my list more talented which was your initial claim.

And like you admit - they have legit talent at the most important positions... Which is way more than most of those teams can say...

5If they're healthy with Beason and Stewart, they're a borderline top 10 roster from a pure talent stand point considering their QB is one of the most talented players in the lg.

I don't know, if someone said the Panthers would make the postseason and then they did I wouldn't be impressed at all. They finished the season on a tear last year to. Had a great draft, 3rd yr QB.

They're the definition of a trendy pick.
1: You brought up the quality of coaches, I just agreed. As far as your comment about the "offense being stupid last year", I fail to see why it is certain that Mike Shula will do a better job calling plays than Rob Chudzinski. But lets leave it at that for now.
As far as Stewart goes, he is a bit of an enigma. The talent is there, but he is constantly dealing with injuries, and even when he is healthy he isnīt productive.

2: Not saying Star and Short are scrubs. But DTs usually need some time to adjust to the pro level, and banking on them both being quality starters in year 1 is very optimistic imo.

3: Florence is nothing but a journey man, who is with his 5th team in the same number of years. Norman has potential, but is still raw. Munnerlyn, well lets just say we strongly diagree about his ability to be a starter in this league. Not the trio I would want going up against Julio Jones and Roddy White on a regular basis.

4: My initial claim was, that the Panthers dont have a "stacked roster". If we measure purely on a player by player comparison, which was my point all along, I would gladly take the overall talent level on the Chiefs, Eagles, Bills, Browns and even the Titans over what the Panthers have on their 53 man roster. Just because you state opinion as facts, does not make them so.
Yes, Cam Newtons talent is superior to the QBs from those teams, and if he puts it all together this year, it will help the Panthers overcome a lot of the deficiencies they have in other positions.
However, that is completely besides the point I am making.

5: Thats two very big "ifs" and even if they do come true, I cant by any stretch of my imagination consider the Panthers to have a top 10 roster, when measured on a player by player basis. It all boils down to the point, that you are making much, much more optimistic predictions about the Panthers than I am willing to make. Only time will tell who of us is right and wrong, but if I were a betting man, I would rather put my money on the Panthers being in the buttom 12 teams of the league, than being one of the 12 playoff teams come january.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Out of these teams I suppose I'd take the Chargers, even though the key players on the roster seem over the hill. Maybe the new head coach changes things. If Rivers gets his swagger back, I think they'll compete hard. If he's the same player the last two years then no.

I'm not buying into the Chiefs, but I could see them winning 8 games and I hope they do so the 49ers get a better draft pick.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I really wouldn't consider Kansas City a "surprise" team despite their picking number one overall. They have quite a bit in common with the 49ers team Alex Smith would've gotten to the playoffs last year, and they're in a relatively weak division in the weaker conference. It seemed too easy to pick them.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa easily if Freeman improves his consistency. The team built there is very strong around him
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I guess I really wouldn't consider Kansas City a "surprise" team despite their picking number one overall. They have quite a bit in common with the 49ers team Alex Smith would've gotten to the playoffs last year, and they're in a relatively weak division in the weaker conference. It seemed too easy to pick them.
There was rumblings of this last preseason where folks, at least here, where saying the defenses weren't that far apart. Obviously that wasn't the case when the year started.

Even in the weaker conference and weak division, I'd consider the Chiefs a surprise playoff team. Their schedule isn't that bad though.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa's not on the list because no one would be surprised if they made the playoffs. I'm looking for the 2012 colts.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither Tampa or Detroit would be surprises.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of the above?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The chiefs are a talented team, and in their division all it takes is a slip up by the Broncos or a season good enough to get them a wildcard team.

The Chiefs going from the 1st pick in the draft to a playoff spot would appear to be a huge turn around on paper. But, the Chiefs are a talented team that shouldn't have gotten the 1st pick to begin with.

They made a mistake promoting Romeo Crennel to HC, and their lack of offensive playcalling doomed them, then the QB fiasco happened.

If Andy Reid was the only change from last years team they should put up 5-6 wins, the replacement of Cassel with Smith and some other moves they made should get them to be enough to compete for an AFC wildcard spot.

I chose the Titans because on paper, everything is in place to have a very successful season. But, I can understand people who disagree with that because their remains many questions and the Texans and Colts are both playoff teams from a year ago.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
None of the above?
The chances that none of the teams listed make the playoffs are very, very, very slim.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
The chiefs are a talented team, and in their division all it takes is a slip up by the Broncos or a season good enough to get them a wildcard team.

The Chiefs going from the 1st pick in the draft to a playoff spot would appear to be a huge turn around on paper. But, the Chiefs are a talented team that shouldn't have gotten the 1st pick to begin with.

They made a mistake promoting Romeo Crennel to HC, and their lack of offensive playcalling doomed them, then the QB fiasco happened.

If Andy Reid was the only change from last years team they should put up 5-6 wins, the replacement of Cassel with Smith and some other moves they made should get them to be enough to compete for an AFC wildcard spot.

I chose the Titans because on paper, everything is in place to have a very successful season. But, I can understand people who disagree with that because their remains many questions and the Texans and Colts are both playoff teams from a year ago.
We'll see this season, but I just wouldn't hold my breath regarding the Chiefs. I don't think they deserved the number one overall selection, but at the same time I think a lot of people went way overboard with the talent they have on the roster. You can have a talented team, but at the same time it takes more than that to be a good team. The Cowboys have had talent for years for instance, but have failed to put it together season after season. The Chiefs have Reid though, and that is enough to have confidence as a fan. Still can't believe San Diego wasn't interested.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see the Browns get in, that's who I voted for. I think they have been accumulating young talent and gradually getting better, even if their record hasn't shown it. At some point, they need to start making things happen on offense, which is (in my opinion) the hardest part of building a team. I expect Norv Turner to get the ball rolling in that department. They have the makings of a pretty good offensive line, and some decent undeveloped talent on offense. They could really use another weapon at the reciver position, and a TE that is a threat as well, but I think they are on the right track.

Defensively, they are very talented. I think they will be very tough to score on. Mingo is a great addition, and they have a solid secondary. I can see them going 9-7...that might do it in the AFC.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tampa's not on the list because no one would be surprised if they made the playoffs. I'm looking for the 2012 colts.
I'm not just saying playoffs. You see how tight they played the Division Champ Falcons? Freeman was like a rollercoaster. He was playing like a top 10 QB at points, however his downside was times he played almost Sanchez esque.

If he finds that mid way point of consistency, Bucs can win the South with the team they have. It's pretty much all on Josh Freeman to step it up and be more consistent.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching the colts get ****** by the chargers for so many years I still feel like Phillip Rivers could get them to a wild card spot if he can stop with the turnovers. They have complimented him with a lot of good weapons and have sured up their offensive line.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Cardinals and Titans to surprise people this year.

I have always said Carson Palmer can only be good if he is throwing to Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald because he needs a big receiver who is always open and that will bail him out when he forces it. Seems like hes walked into the perfect situation with Fitzgerald and Floyd. I also think they should get improved production from their backfield. I dont know if it will be running back by committee or one guy will step forward, but with Mendenhall, Ryan Williams healthy, and Stepfan Taylor, they have good options. Their defense has some great pieces (Pat Peterson, Calais Campbell, Dockett, Daryl Washington (suspended 4 games), resigned Dansby (very underrated player IMO), I love their rookie LB Kevin Minter, I think Mathieu is gonna be a dynamic player....All that being said, they play in probly the toughest division in the NFL, so its gonna be tough. I think they have a legit shot at a wild card berth though.

Titans - I love how the rebuild their OL. Levitre and Warmack solidify the interior of the line, which will help Chris Johnson immensely- JOhnson might not like the SHonn Greene signing, but he will give them the power run game theyve been missing. CJ is amazing but he dances too much. With an improved OL and a power back, they should be able to establish the run and keep CJ fresh so he can bust more long runs. They are incredibly deep at receiver and have a nice variety of guys with different skill sets. I think Greg Williams can get this D turned around. George Wilson and Bernard Pollard were good pickups, and they have enough young talent there that this could be a pretty good unit. Derrick Morgan finally showed some production last year, and needs to build on it. I think they could make noise in the South and fight with the Texans and Colts for that division. A wild card for them wouldnt shock me.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote