Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-30-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post

poor bobcats, who knew they had this many fans? lol
I love that the only people not freaking out over the white guy pick are the black people.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who were these fans expecting to get that was going to be a great pick? It's not like there were a lot of great options. I understand not liking the pick, but it's not like they passed on some vastly superior prospect.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably Noel or McLemore or Len

McLemore would have been a great fit for Walker and MKG. Would have been fun to watch that backcourt. Now McLemore has to suffer in Sacramento.

Last edited by nepg : 06-30-2013 at 12:25 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Who were these fans expecting to get that was going to be a great pick? It's not like there were a lot of great options. I understand not liking the pick, but it's not like they passed on some vastly superior prospect.
Well, Noel and Ben were on the board.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How yall gonna do player comparisons without me :(
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Well, Noel and Ben were on the board.
Noel has major questions too and talented 6'3 SG's practically grow on trees.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Not ones that are looked at as a hybrid between Dwyane Wade and Ray Allen. And that was a perfect situation for him.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Not ones that are looked at as a hybrid between Dwyane Wade and Ray Allen. And that was a perfect situation for him.
He's not a hybrid between Wade and Allen, he's basically Joe Johnson. And Pope will be better than McLemore.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Most scouts compare him to Ray Allen...from watching him, he does have that stroke, but he also has a bit of Wade in him (which could also be young Ray Allen).
Old 06-30-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he'll be THAT good, and prime Joe Johnson is a perfectly good player.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-30-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Joe Johnson I guess.
Hmmm... That's an interesting comparison.

Here are my thoughts on Ben McLemore comparisons in a sliding scale

Mitch Richmond (Moderately high usage, high efficiency, high defense)
James Harden (Moderate usage, extreme efficiency, average defense)
Eric Gordon (Moderately-high usage, moderately-high efficiency, moderate defense)
Joe Johnson (Moderately-high usage, average efficiency, average defense)
Ben Gordon (high usage, poor efficiency)
JR Smith
Courtney Lee

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Harden is better than Richmond ever was, and Gordon will never be as good as Joe Johnson.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-30-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Keak View Post
How yall gonna do player comparisons without me :(
Jump on in.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Harden is better than Richmond ever was, and Gordon will never be as good as Joe Johnson.
1. You are an ass. I love Mitch.
2. You're probably right.
3. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of high TS% Gordon has flashed over Johnson.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
1. You are an ass. I love Mitch.
2. You're probably right.
3. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of high TS% Gordon has flashed over Johnson.
It's the truth. Harden's last two seasons are elite level in terms of shooting guards, Mitch never had that. And I know what you mean, it's possible. I still like Pope more though, he's a better defender and I like his size/rebounding ability.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-30-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I love that the only people not freaking out over the white guy pick are the black people.
In a draft where everyone said the top half dozen or so could go either way i don't get the hate for Cody Zeller, who for a good part of the season figured to go in the top 3.

Most of it is the whole white guy thing. There was the same stupid reaction in here when Brooklyn took Mason Plumlee late in the first round. Whether you liked Plumlee or not a decent big to spell KG and Lopez made a lot of sense to me.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
It's the truth. Harden's last two seasons are elite level in terms of shooting guards, Mitch never had that. And I know what you mean, it's possible. I still like Pope more though, he's a better defender and I like his size/rebounding ability.
Yeah. I was looking over the stats that Harden has put up the last 2 seasons and it's astonishing. Those 2 seasons are far better than any season Mitch had.

But last time I saw Harden he wasn't nearly the defender Mitch was. Richmond is considered by many to be the 2nd best perimeter defender of the '90s behind only MJ.

And McLemore has the athleticism to be a plus defender. He has a lot of work to do if he wants it though.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I think when we are making comparisons, it's silly to talk about "this is his ceiling" and "this is his floor." It makes a lot more sense to talk about the various career paths a player can take. That's what I attempted to do with my sliding scale.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I don't think he'll be THAT good, and prime Joe Johnson is a perfectly good player.
The only thing holding him back, really, is his unwillingness to dominate the ball. He's scared of being a selfish player. That's his only downside.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

It's a good thing he doesn't dominate the ball, in a sense.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-30-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Noel has major questions too and talented 6'3 SG's practically grow on trees.

Where are these trees? SG might be the shallowest position in the NBA. Joe Johnson gets **** on constantly and he's probably the 4th or 5th best in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
In a draft where everyone said the top half dozen or so could go either way i don't get the hate for Cody Zeller, who for a good part of the season figured to go in the top 3.

Most of it is the whole white guy thing. There was the same stupid reaction in here when Brooklyn took Mason Plumlee late in the first round. Whether you liked Plumlee or not a decent big to spell KG and Lopez made a lot of sense to me.
Why does it have to be a race thing? Why can't it be the fact that Indiana was ready to design their offense around him and he ended up being the second most productive player on his own team? Or that he was totally embarrassed against an undrafted prospect in Trevor Mbakwe? I don't think he's going to totally bust or anything, but he has issues. People also talk about his ability to stretch the floor with his shot but he didn't really take many jumpers in college. They should have taken McLemore/KCP. Or gone back in time, undrafted Bismack Biyombo and taken Noel.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Mclemore is an efficient version of JR Smith, and I mean that in the nicest way possible because I like him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Where are these trees? SG might be the shallowest position in the NBA. Joe Johnson gets **** on constantly and he's probably the 4th or 5th best in the league.

Why does it have to be a race thing? Why can't it be the fact that Indiana was ready to design their offense around him and he ended up being the second most productive player on his own team? Or that he was totally embarrassed against an undrafted prospect in Trevor Mbakwe? I don't think he's going to totally bust or anything, but he has issues. People also talk about his ability to stretch the floor with his shot but he didn't really take many jumpers in college. They should have taken McLemore/KCP. Or gone back in time, undrafted Bismack Biyombo and taken Noel.
It just seems it's always, oh no not Olynyk, Adams, Zeller, Plumlee....if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't agree that SG is the shallowest position. So what if Joe Johnson "gets **** on constantly"? I don't even know what you mean by that. If it means he gets criticized, so what? That's the vast majority of the NBA.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's a shallower position? Head coach? GM?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote