Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-30-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sg is by far the shallowest position in the NBA. By far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't agree that SG is the shallowest position. So what if Joe Johnson "gets **** on constantly"? I don't even know what you mean by that. If it means he gets criticized, so what? That's the vast majority of the NBA.
He means that even though we always say how Joe Johnson isn't very good, he still probably the 4th or 5th best SG in the NBA, thus showing how it is a very weak position overall.

It really wasn't that hard to decipher...
Old 06-30-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the depth of a position is proven by vague opinions on who you believe to be the "4th or 5th best" at his position? That doesn't strike me as a compelling way to prove the depth of a position in a 30 team league.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, the depth of the position in the league is pretty easily decided by the number of good players at the position. There are very, very few good shooting guards in the league. I don't know what point your trying to make, but just stop.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I don't know what point your trying to make, but just stop.
Prock doesn't know what point I'm trying to make, and it's clearly frustrating him. I will now stop trying to make it.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's a good thing he doesn't dominate the ball, in a sense.
Yeah, but McLemore takes it to the other extreme. He's the opposite of AI.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for falling on that sword prock.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
He means that even though we always say how Joe Johnson isn't very good, he still probably the 4th or 5th best SG in the NBA, thus showing how it is a very weak position overall.

It really wasn't that hard to decipher...

Lol, yeah I thought it was pretty clear.

Who are the SG's that can even be considered legitimately good?

(not in order)

Kobe
Harden
Wade
Klay Thompson
Joe Johnson
Iggy if he you consider him a SG, I think he's more of a SF

Then you have guys that are super streaky like Jamal Crawford/Mayo/JR Smith, guys that are just okay like Hayward/JJ Redick/Kevin Martin, and guys that are one dimensional like Tony Allen.

I don't see how you can look at these names and possibly come to the conclusion that they "grow on trees."

Last edited by yo123 : 06-30-2013 at 06:25 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ROY picks gogogo!

Right now I'll say KCP. ROY usually goes to the top scorer and he can do that as well as anybody in this draft. He's also going to a team that is lacking a scorer who will take away a lot of shots from him and presumably he could start or at least get significant minutes early on.

I'd like to say Bennett but I think it may take sometime to find the right niche for him in the lineup. If Trey becomes a day one starter at PG for Utah he'll be a strong contender too.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nedovic!!!!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Trey Burke, I love his fit with the big men they have there and if the Jazz make the playoffs like I think they probably will that will help him a lot with voters.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jazz really should trade Al Jefferson though, they can easily roll with Kanter/Millsap/Favors with Rudy Gobert soon as well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with Ben Mac
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Jazz really should trade Al Jefferson though, they can easily roll with Kanter/Millsap/Favors with Rudy Gobert soon as well.
I'm starting to think that there might not be as much demand for him as we all think there is because this has been the obvious move for a while now. If they could deal him for a solid SG/SF though they should definitely do it.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

I said "talented" shooting guards grow on trees, not 'good' SGs. Mclemore is talented, but he hasn't done a thing to prove he will join the ranks of 'good' SGs. If being a talented NBA prospect automatically means Mclemore will be good, the Bobcats wouldn't need a SG anyway. They already have Ben Gordon. I bet Ben Gordon got some Ray Allen comparisons when he was coming out.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you have a point?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

That we aren't allowed to talk about talent without also calling them a hall of famer. Or something. Who knows.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
ROY picks gogogo!
Olynyk + Colton Iverson = The Marble Pillars
Old 06-30-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nerlens Noel: Tyson Chandler
Cody Zeller: David Lee (young David)
Ben McLemore: Allan Houston
Anthony Bennett: Carmelo Anthony (when in shape.)
Trey Burke: Chris Paul ... as much as I look for other guys to compare him to.. I can't get past Chris.
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Gobert, he's really raw right now, but his footwork is really nice and good on a pick and roll. With Malone training the big men over the summer he'll be in good hands. How does the Jazz keep getting big men I like?

Last edited by bantx : 06-30-2013 at 09:32 PM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Keak View Post
Nerlens Noel: Tyson Chandler
Cody Zeller: David Lee (young David)
Ben McLemore: Allan Houston
Anthony Bennett: Carmelo Anthony (when in shape.)
Trey Burke: Chris Paul ... as much as I look for other guys to compare him to.. I can't get past Chris.
just gonna skip alex len?

how dare you keak, im telling MJD

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
just gonna skip alex len?

how dare you keak, im telling MJD
Alex Len is the next Zydrunas Ilgauskas brah
Old 07-01-2013, 03:14 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going with Bennett for ROY.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:21 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at that handsome number 5. What a handsy boy.

Last edited by WMD : 07-01-2013 at 04:24 AM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Joe Dumars is getting real big.