Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-10-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay E3 stuff starting soon. Spike TV y'all. Or a billion different websites.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ncaa 14 demo is ow on Xbox live. It's a fun game so far. Best ncaa in years with a true option in place. Everything is much smoother and runs great for a demo!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Ncaa 14 demo is ow on Xbox live. It's a fun game so far. Best ncaa in years with a true option in place. Everything is much smoother and runs great for a demo!

I just don't trust or can take your opinion seriously. Its nothing against you, it just your ...taste?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
I just don't trust or can take your opinion seriously. Its nothing against you, it just your ...taste?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brat just go try the demo. Not that hard duh. I was just announcing the demo is out.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:10 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to demo of NCAA 14. I must say, it's the smoothest the gameplay has felt since the leap from the original Xbox/PS2 to current gen consoles. It feels really intuitive to your controls.

I also like a lot of the changes they seem to be making with dynasty. Love the idea of coaching "skill trees." Also a BIG fan of the proposed recruiting changes. Recruiting is one of my favorite things but it's become incredibly tedious because you have to sit there, call every prospect, do their pitches, wait for their responses, etc. It's incredibly time consuming. I like the idea that you can just sort all your points at one screen and give them to each recruit and then just execute the calls without having go through every recruit. Much better, imo.

I'm impressed. This is the first time I'm going to buy NCAA in two years. NOW YOU ALL HAVE TO GET IT SO WE CAN HAVE AN ONLINE DYNASTY!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell us how you really feel njx.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
hungry. asdfjs

There ya go. You must be stuffed.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
water is for 'thirsty'.
If you drink water your stomach gets filled up, duh. DUH! Plus you need something to wash down that tasty lettuce with.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep super excited about NCAA this year, had so much fun with the demo, especially the training stuff. Physics feel really nice and the new collision stuff is pretty sweet. OL looks absolutely fantastic and the option game works insanely well. Pulling guards actually look like pulling guards and come up through the hole, AI for the blocking (for WRs too) just looked great. Didn't have any issues with flying DBs and coverge was solid for the most part. Didn't do it much in game, but the training DB stuff had DBs actually make plays on the ball when you use them. Game looks really nice too, field and stadium were awesome. Lot of new preplay stuff with audibles and hot routes.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
god, fine. i'll drink some water. are you happy now?
I've never been happy. :'(

Old 06-21-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

nice. maybe i'll actually get to play a football game for once... do you have a running qb in the demo, and if so, does it feel massively overpowered?
They have Oregon vs A&M and both Mariota and Manziel are ridiculous. I truck-sticked 3 defenders on one play with Mariota.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
nice. maybe i'll actually get to play a football game for once... do you have a running qb in the demo, and if so, does it feel massively overpowered?
Yea but I'm assuming it's because it was on varsity or whatever. My OL won basically everything on the read plays so I usually didn't get to anyone until the 3rd level.

Also, there are shovel passes. I'd get the game for that alone.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't feel like running QBs were too over powered, imo. I mean, if people want to abuse them because they're general dicks, I'm sure they could. Running qb's are going to be awesome with the new option system though. I LOVE the new option system. I'm someone who loved running the option, but it's been pretty terrible until this year. The defenders make much more realistic style decisions when deciding whether or not to go after the RB/pitch man or QB. I'll probably be doing a nice run-heavy option based attacked.

I use to wreck people with the old school power option with Drew Stanton back in the day.

Quote:
how many linebackers swatted your hail marys? how many times did a db suddenly get super speed to knock down your pass? can you still throw a 96 yard bomb across your body while at a dead sprint? is your offensive line still a pathetic, waste of time at run blocking (only mitigated, at lower difficulties, by ****** DL AI)? do your WRs still drop every single pass if you hold the throw button more than some random, pre-specified, exact-right-amount (something on the order of 346.4321 picoseconds)? do your dbs still refuse to do anything of value at any time, unless you switch to them, leading to... is the player switching AI still an appalling joke (hit the switch button, and suddenly shift to the safety, who you accidentally pull off coverage because you were expecting, i dunno, the guy next to the damn ball, then your **** AI CB does nothing about the ball in the air and they score because you ****** up the safety, @#$&*^#$)?

these are some of the major issues i've had with ncaa the last two times i've bought it. not that the demo will likely say much, but i won't buy it until at least some of the above is fixed, which is said. i always loved dynasty mode.
Uhhh. Can't really say if all of those have been addressed, haha. Not based on the demo alone, at least. Gameplay just feels very smooth. Particularly the running game, as DG mentioned. It feels real. I'm a big fan of running the ball, and it's an area that hasn't gotten enough love in recent years. The cuts you make with backs feel natural. You don't seem to be stricken as much by momentum and can actually stop and make cutbacks.

I think the catching mechanics are much better. It punishes people who like to throw absurd passes into tight coverage. If you throw it in tight coverage and get hit, chances are your WR will drop the pass. Which is good, imo. Always frustrating when your defense is ALL over a WR and gets hit as he's catching the ball but still manages to hang on. I think the DB AI is a lot better, from what I've see.

I'm surprised. I usually don't buy into the BS/hype anymore for EA football games, but I'll be getting it this year. It's been two years since I got NCAA and..gosh, 3-4 since I've gotten Madden? No clue if I'll get Madden, though.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden is such a piece of trash. All Madden mode is essentially *computer cheats* mode. Oh you went up more than one score? Time for the RB to fumble the ball. Oh your DB has a ball fall right into his hands? Dropped. Whats that, Tom Brady somehow makes a 98 yard run against you in the last play of the game? pffft should of schemed better.

Screw Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yea but I'm assuming it's because it was on varsity or whatever. My OL won basically everything on the read plays so I usually didn't get to anyone until the 3rd level.

Also, there are shovel passes. I'd get the game for that alone.
Shovel passes are now in NCAA 14! Demo is pretty sweet this year. Y'all should go play and be hooked.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FarCry 3 is currently $20 at gamestop!
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
FarCry 3 is currently $20 at gamestop!
Thank you kind sir! Is this a today only deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Thank you kind sir! Is this a today only deal?
Not that I can tell.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

So far FarCry 3 is so ******* suspenseful.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Each day between now and July 5th, there will be a new set of titles on sale – in addition to the persistent offers at the bottom of this post. The special prices will be available to all Xbox Live Members (Gold and Free.)
We start with the following Xbox 360 Games On Demand titles on-sale. These titles will be available at the special sale price today only Grab ‘em while you can:
July 2nd Offers:
Assassin’s Creed 3 $14.99
Borderlands 2 $9.99
Far Cry 3 $19.99
Max Payne 3 $9.99

There will be a new set of titles on sale every day between now and July 5th, so come back here for the daily post I’ll make or follow me on twitter to be first to find out what goes on sale when. In addition to the daily deals, we’ve also go the following offers available until July 8th, 2013.
Games on Sale now through July 8, 2013:
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway $4.99
Far Cry Instincts Predator$4.99
Crysis $4.99
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 $4.99
WWE ’13 $14.99
Mass Effect $4.99
Prey $2.99
Bulletstorm $4.99
Perfect Dark Zero $2.99
Dragon Age Origins $4.99
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga $4.99
http:// majornelson.com/2013/07/01/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-starts-today-2/

games to be on sale in the future.

Quote:
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Forza Horizon
Gears Judgement
Hasbro Family Game Night 3
Hitman Absolution
Kinect Sports 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes
Lego Lord of the Rings
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
Monopoly Streets
Rockstar Table Tennis
The Orange Box
Tomb Raider
Witcher 2
X-com: Enemy Unknown
Old 07-08-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone picking up NCAA football tonight?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Anyone picking up NCAA football tonight?
Probably tomorrow for me. I don't know exactly what the plan is, but I think me, Commie, IBC, Shane, and maybe DG/others might make an online dynasty if you're interested. Will probably be after the named rosters are released though.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha, well I haven't bought one of these since like '08 so I would probably get my ass kicked, but if I feel more confident by the time the rosters come out then it's a possibility.

Figured with all the good things I've heard about the new physics and AI I'd give it another shot.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Ha, well I haven't bought one of these since like '08 so I would probably get my ass kicked, but if I feel more confident by the time the rosters come out then it's a possibility.

Figured with all the good things I've heard about the new physics and AI I'd give it another shot.
Yeah. It's been about 2-3 years since I bought the game. I'm sure we'll have a differing level of skill in terms of play. I know Shane is quite good. DG is quite good as I recall too. I am not great by any means.