Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-03-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holland doesn't have balls anymore. Way too conservative and sits on his hands.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While the Red Wings are fine without him, I thought this was a fitting summation of our long standing relationship with one Thomas McCollum.

SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Pens returning the same team as last year. But will the goaltending improve? Pens will have major cap issues the following seasons. Haha
The cap is going up to 70 million next year I believe.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So assuming they resign the RFAs, Brunner/Cleary, and promote Tatar, they'll have 15 forwards on the roster. I'm assuming Emmerton or Tootoo will be the other buy out. Like we've been saying for a year, the Sammy deal will haunt the Wings. I'm assuming next year we'll be proven right about the Cleary deal too.

5 years, 4.5 mil is too much for Vinny but 3 years, 3 mil works for Cleary? I wish they held on to Jim Nill.

Last edited by TimD : 07-03-2013 at 09:05 AM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
The cap is going up to 70 million next year I believe.
I've read that places, and I like to think that's what the Pens are planning for. If not they won't have enough room to have a lineup.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Ovechkin is first team left winger and second team right winger. That's pretty slick.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Nathan Gerbe.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can he be a second team LW ?

He played RW all year....

#MoncriefArmy
Old 07-03-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I didn't expect us to use our buyouts, I really never projected Gerbe into our starting lineup this year. Sometimes he can come out like a shot out of a cannon - throw his body around, use his speed, and score some really nice goals. Good shootout guy, too. That is quite far from the norm, unfortunately. A lot of ineffective play from him. I hate to say it but this probably isn't a terrible move. He's probably better to have than that Baker-thieving Kevin Porter, but both really can't replicate what they did in college/AHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
How can he be a second team LW ?

He played RW all year....
Because hockey. The PHWA is quite a joke.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Even Florida is buying people out. I guess that's what happens when the salary floor drops, too. Oh well, I hope Dineen can have them playing somewhat respectably with all the young talent working their way into the lineup.

Oh, and Arizona Coyotes? No me gusta.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well they don't play in Phoenix

i imagine some sort of re-branding will happen

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

It doesn't even sound awful, I just fear change.

I hope this rebranding involves some sort of Space Coyote.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer them keeping the Phoenix Coyotes, rather than Arizona, just have come accustomed to that name. Ottawa is in a similar situation, seeing that they play in Kanata, although changing to the Ontario Senators would be stupid seeing as they kinda have this other team in the same province that outnumbers them in fans by quite a bit.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, the Leafs are clearly working the Weiss angle by hiring his uncle Steve Spott as coach for the Marlies. I hope to God that he's better than what he showed at the world juniors.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Also, the Leafs are clearly working the Weiss angle by hiring his uncle Steve Spott as coach for the Marlies. I hope to God that he's better than what he showed at the world juniors.
Has nobody here commented on the fact that Tyler Bozak is trying to get an 8-year contract?

I pray you guys end up with that instead.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nathan Horton's first meeting with a prospective team was with ... Columbus?!?!?!?!

Now there's a guy just chasing the money.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone want to make some top free agent predictions?

Nathan Horton -
Mike Ribeiro -
David Clarkson -
Jarome Iginla -
Jaromir Jagr -
Michael Ryder -
Valtteri Filppula -
Stephen Weiss -
Daniel Briere -
Ryan Clowe -
Derek Roy -
Victor Stalberg -
Brendan Morrow -

Ray Emery -
Tim Thomas -

Andre Ference -
Rob Scuderi -
Ron Hainsey -
Ryan Whitney -
Old 07-03-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

So you think. I say you got out of Lumbus' division just in time.

They're actually surprisingly close to the cap, but they don't really have to sign a lot of guys. They could sign Horton and be done.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

I met Dupuis today. Asked him if he was happy for the fans in Phoenix.

He said to me : the whole 5 of them ?

I spilled all my milk on him.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 07-03-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Has nobody here commented on the fact that Tyler Bozak is trying to get an 8-year contract?

I pray you guys end up with that instead.
Oh goodness, that may be the funniest thing I've read. Yet I've read Leaf fans say that Weiss is not an upgrade over Bozak as well, which in turn is even funnier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Anyone want to make some top free agent predictions?
Nathan Horton - Dallas
Mike Ribeiro - Washington
David Clarkson - Toronto
Jarome Iginla - Ottawa
Jaromir Jagr - New Jersey
Michael Ryder - Carolina
Valtteri Filppula - Winnipeg
Stephen Weiss - Detroit
Daniel Briere - Boston
Ryan Clowe - Nashville
Derek Roy - Florida
Victor Stalberg - Calgary
Brendan Morrow - Phoenix

Ray Emery - Calgary
Tim Thomas - Philadelphia

Andre Ference - Toronto
Rob Scuderi - Los Angeles
Ron Hainsey - Calgary
Ryan Whitney - Dallas

Aka I have no idea
Old 07-04-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard that Detroit is still interested in Weiss plus I've seen Bozak's name thrown around. Does this mean the Cleary signing won't happen?

I don't think they have the roster space to add a free agent and keep Cleary.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I have no idea anymore. If I had to guess, I'd say the Wings miss on basically everyone worth a damn and Holland cites some ******** about them being too expensive, wanting too many years and him also being very happy with the young guys they have. **** that.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Phase 2 has been completed, Grabovski bought out.

Gonna miss the guy, worked his ass off for the most part and just had a rough season last year, but for the price tag, you need to be producing much better than what he did.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure who I want the Pens to sign. They are limited cap wise(unless they unload Glass and Niskanen) at the moment and they need to fill out their bottom 6. I would love to see Asham back with the Pens and even Boyd Gordon or Matt Hendricks.

There are rumors of the Pens being interested in bringing Scuds back and I would absolutely love that idea. I just don't know if he can fit financially.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Looks like Philly and Giroux are close to a 8 year, 8 million per contract. They still need a goalie and have no money left.