Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you so hell bent on retaining a very average collection of keepers anyways?
Old 07-02-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Not mad. Just not interested in running the league the same way next year. You'd think the guy dominating would be OK with the status quo, but I'd rather just skip this league next year if it's going to be more of the same.

I could not set my lineup the rest of the season and still win, D. I don't buy your hollow "half season champ" argument. Would you rather I just pretend that changes won't be made? You think any of the inactive members will be fooled into participating with such futile rosters?

The good news is I'm the commish and can just invite you to leave the league, D, if you're resistant to whatever I decide.
Dang...Ok, I will give in then. If you want me to leave just give me the word. You've used this against me in the past and I put up with it cause I wanted to stay. But if it's going to remain a power trip for you, and you're gonna burst out with this every time I don't agree with you, maybe it is best that I leave.

Honest question though. Did you really come in here asking for opinions or did you always have an intent to change things the way you wanted all along? I thought I gave a good suggestion, but you quickly dismissed it without even exploring the idea further.

I was totally for changing things up before this season, but you were the one who consistently remained firm on keeping things the same for the foreseeable future. Now, before the All-Star break, you've flip flopped and now you're asking us to give up on the strategies we've been basing our opinions and moves on all this time?

What is the actual goal that you are looking for? To have a league where every team has a chance to win every year? Because imo, my suggestion about letting the bottom teams pick from the top teams works.

Just relax. Wait for the others to give their opinions.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a good solution would be to allow 5 or 6 keepers and then go from there.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 07-02-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why are you so hell bent on retaining a very average collection of keepers anyways?
I'm not hell bent. But consistency is the only way this works right.

If you're gonna force changes, then what about lowering the keepers and/or putting some sort of max restriction on them?

Like a maximum in years you can keep a player (5 years?)

or

You can only keep players with less than 10 years of MLB experience (I like this one more)
Old 07-02-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think a good solution would be to allow 5 or 6 keepers and then go from there.
Problem I see with this is it eliminates the aspect of grooming prospects... which I'm sure we all love to do. We like to groom prospects and when they bloom, we love to keep them. How do you accommodate for that?
Old 07-02-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Problem I see with this is it eliminates the aspect of grooming prospects... which I'm sure we all love to do. We like to groom prospects and when they bloom, we love to keep them. How do you accommodate for that?
How about teams can only keep up to 2 players of 30 years or older and are able to keep a total of eight players? Puts a greater focus on the young guys who will stick with the teams longer but also allows for some of the better, older players to be held onto.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
How about teams can only keep up to 2 players of 30 years or older and are able to keep a total of eight players? Puts a greater focus on the young guys who will stick with the teams longer but also allows for some of the better, older players to be held onto.
Yeah, something like that works. It takes the big boss to sign off on though. Maybe he tweaks it a little and comes back to us.

This kind of suggestion back and forth is what I initially thought was going to happen. Not the whole, "stop bitching or I'll [invite] you to leave" bit.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not hell bent. But consistency is the only way this works right.

If you're gonna force changes, then what about lowering the keepers and/or putting some sort of max restriction on them?

Like a maximum in years you can keep a player (5 years?)

or

You can only keep players with less than 10 years of MLB experience (I like this one more)
Because if we're changing things drastically, then the only fair way of doing it is to start from scratch.

The league doesn't work well enough anymore to be fighting to maintain it.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Also, I'd have to start replacing league members right now to give those rosters a chance to be adjusted this season to account for new keeper rules.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Because if we're changing things drastically, then the only fair way of doing it is to start from scratch.

The league doesn't work well enough anymore to be fighting to maintain it.
What is fair? Fair to who? Is fair to the majority the same as fair to the bottom 2 teams? It seems like you're the only one in favor of blowing this up.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
What is fair? Fair to who? Is fair to the majority the same as fair to the bottom 2 teams? It seems like you're the only one in favor of blowing this up.
If we can't resuscitate the competitiveness of the bottom third of this league, then we'll continue to have the same issues. I'm the commissioner. I'm trying to rectify this problem we have for the betterment of the league.

Half of the league hasn't even spoken up on what they'd like to see done. While it's true that a few people (BF, GF, KCJ) have said they'd rather not re-draft, you're the only one putting up actual resistance.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

This league has gotten so boring (due to a lack of competitiveness, a lack of attentive owners, and a stagnation of rosters) that I nearly don't care what happens to it after this season.

I can't possibly be the only person who feels this way. The only way to reinvigorate interest in this league from all of its members is to significantly widen the draft pool in the offseason. I can't hand off a god awful roster to a new replacement member and expect him to become invested in a bunch of players that don't even deserve to be kept.

League participation will never be higher than in the beginning when everyone still likes the roster they've drafted.

Last edited by Xiomera : 07-02-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If we can't resuscitate the competitiveness of the bottom third of this league, then we'll continue to have the same issues. I'm the commissioner. I'm trying to rectify this problem we have for the betterment of the league.

Half of the league hasn't even spoken up on what they'd like to see done. While it's true that a few people (BF, GF, KCJ) have said they'd rather not re-draft, you're the only one putting up actual resistance.
If I'm the only one putting up resistance, then yeah.. ignore me. I made my voice heard.

What's your best suggestion?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I will wait for more people to reply. It's not a democracy, but I will take it under consideration.

I want everyone to post how many keepers they'd like us to have next season. We had 12 last year.

We will absolutely be maintaining 12 teams in the league.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I think 6 keepers is a good number.

It allows people to keep their favorites, force decisions on younger players/potential versus proven veterans, and it'd create a quicker balance in rosters.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just reduce the keepers to 6 or 8 or something, re-drafting isn't really my thing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-02-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6-8 is fine

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I vote 2, 3 max.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If we drop the number of keepers to 6 or 8 for next year, we could easily bump it back up in the future if the divide between good and bad teams isn't so dramatic. This will help level things off and extend the longevity of the league.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I favor 8.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6-8 sounds good to me. I'll go with whatever the majority feels on the redraft.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever you guys want. 6-8 is fine by me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-03-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

OK, so I think the next question is.... 6 or 8? lol
Old 07-03-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Let's say it'll be 8 keepers going forward.

We'll work out any other potential changes long before the trade deadline to allow for plenty of time to shape rosters accordingly.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Let's say it'll be 8 keepers going forward.

We'll work out any other potential changes long before the trade deadline to allow for plenty of time to shape rosters accordingly.
OK, is this the official word then?

I'm about to make a Slamma' Mamma' Jamma' Blockbuster with yoda.
Closed Thread