Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 06-08-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Im not getting the love nor buying the hype for Boyd. Phenomenal athlete and good college football player, but people are looking at Russell Wilson and immediately making the comparison.

I think we all need to slow down a few. Boyd didn't even get a 1st round grade for 2013. How is he being projected a top 10-15 pick in 2014 in what is supposed to be a stronger QB class?
I certainly don't see Russell Wilson when I am watching Boyd , and I actually haven't heard that one before because it frankly doesn't make sense.

How is him not getting a first round grade relevant to this discussion? First of all, the committee grades conservatively and players, if they go high, should a progression in their development. How many players that went in the first round this year were guys we were talking about this time a year ago? The answer is not too many of them.

Right now, like many years, people believe the quarterback class will be stronger than the previous. Bridegwater is the lead dog next year as a potentially elite talent, and after that the perceived depth that next year's quarterback class has is thanks to a player like Boyd.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Right now, like many years, people believe the quarterback class will be stronger than the previous. Bridegwater is the lead dog next year as a potentially elite talent, and after that the perceived depth that next year's quarterback class has is thanks to a player like Boyd.
I definitely think this is true. QB is such a difficult position to project and to master. So often, a sophomore or junior has an eye opening campaign and media/fans tend to feed into hype under the auspices of potential.

There is a significant problem, because athleticism can more capably mask skill shortcomings for QBs in college. The difference in preparation and skill between college and the pros is likewise difficult to forecast effectively.

A college QB can perform better with a substandard skill set or even missing skills. Plenty of QBs end up exposing their issues by playing that extra year in college. Additionally, a strong year could consist of just 3 high potential players. The position is so important that it's easy to whitewash career limiting deficiencies with potential.

There seems to be a rash of 'the next Russell Wilson' prospects that will likely continue to be in vogue for the next few years. Namely because Russell was a great QB prospect in terms of skills, mental makeup and athleticism, who had a grossly obvious limitation: Height. Now fans and media seem to assume that the NFL has just been blindly oblivious or even discriminatory against prospects with less than ideal physical characteristics.

But the fact remains, that Wilson was an incredibly gifted and skilled QB. Those skills and gifts allow him to perform at a high level DESPITE his physical shortcomings. Teams and fans can foolishly seek 'the next Russell Wilson' and spend the better part of a decade trying to make the Seneca Wallace's of the world into a franchise QB.

Wilson is a unique cat. Nationally, he's seen as a running QB. Or a scrambling passer. But he is, at his core, a pocket passer. And he performs at a very high level as a traditional QB. He happens to also have other gifts, which at a distance lead people to see him as something he isn't.

It's that misconception that will cause other 'next Russell Wilson's to fail. You can't make an acceptable career as a QB doing that. Fixating on the exotic and not understanding that it's the traditional functionality that is the basis for success (even Wilson's) is going to leave a lot of franchises frustrated.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I've been evaluating a bunch of the senior prospects over the last couple weeks, and I want to get my initial thoughts out there.

1. Jake Matthews – OT – Texas A&M
I like him more than Joeckel as a prospect and think he'll make the transition to LT without a problem.
2. Taylor Lewan – OT – Michigan
I had some doubts about Lewan during times through his junior season but he showed great ability having to face Clowney in the bowl game.
3. CJ Mosley – LB – Alabama
Complete backer prospect with the ability to cover and breakdown plays.
4. Tahj Boyd – QB – Clemson
Positional value boosts him up this high, had a much improved junior season.
5. James Hurst – OT – North Carolina
James had the luxury of playing next to Cooper but he played very well himself and would get more early attention if it wasn't for Matthews and Lewan.
6. Jason Verrett – CB – TCU
Most complete corner in the entire class and has played the part the last two seasons at TCU.
7. Ra’Shede Hageman – DT – Minnesota
As bad as the Gophers are, Hageman is the real deal. Extremely athletic for his size and a solid game against Travis Frederick last year.
8. Bene Bewikere – CB/S – San Jose State
Physical corner with terrific ball skills, thinking he might be more of a safety prospect.
9. AJ McCarron – QB – Alabama
Count me as one who likes what I see out of AJ. Positional value does boost him up the board a bit but and he has starting ability for the NFL.
10. Aaron Colvin – CB – Oklahoma
Senior class is strong at the top with tackles and secondary players and it's rounded out by Colvin. Another DB with really good ball skills and I could see hm being moved to safety as well.
11. Andrew Jackson – ILB – Western Kentucky
A tackling machine for the Hilltoppers and player who battled, holding his own against Bama while others proved throughout the year that they could not.
12. Anthony Barr – OLB – UCLA
Physically the tools are clearly there with his speed but he will need to develop physicality if he plans on being more than a situational player in the NFL.
13. Cyril Richardson – OG – Baylor
Baylor's running attack was an impressive unit last season and Richardson's contributions on the line are a large factor in making it happen.
14. Jordan Matthews – WR – Vanderbilt
Big receiving target who has proven to be able to perform despite being the focus of the defense in stopping the pass. Won't wow physically otherwise he'd be higher up.
15. Khalil Mack – OLB – Buffalo
An absolute terror of the edge and it was difficult for me not to put him higher but he is a little on the smaller end.
16. Will Sutton – DT – Arizona State
Much like Mack, Sutton is an absolute terror for opponents but size will be questioned.
17. Christian Jones – OLB – Florida State
I find myself to be difficult on FSU prospects but I like what I see from Jones. He possesses everything you look for in a 43 outside backer prospect.
18. Zack Martin – G/T – Notre Dame
Martin has been a wonderful player for the Irish, might have to kick inside though. Either way, he's no slouch.
19. Hakeem Smith – S – Louisville
Not a strong class for pure safety prospects, but Smith leads the way. A physical presence for Charlie Strong's defense and is a very experienced player.
20. Charles Sims – RB – Houston
My favorite running back of all the senior. A bigger back with good speed and shifty for his size. Also is an asset in the passing, as to be expected playing at Houston.
People have Boyd and Sutton way too high. Boyd is considered a 4th-5th round pick by scouts right now. Sutton is only about 5'11 1/2 or so. He's not a top 100 pick. Watch him "fall" like a rock. I say fall because he was never rated high. In fact, most scouts consider him a PFA right now.

Fales is a mid round guy despite most media rating him high. Scouts have him much lower. Also, the SJSU kid you have is not even rated draftable by the scouts right now.

Scouts think Colvin is a 3rd-4th round guy right now.

Hakeem Smith not on the draftable lists from scouts I have seen either.

The Buffalo LB is someone scouts think may end up being a 1st round pick.
JBScouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
???

He received a 2nd-3rd round grade from the committee.
That's not true. From the spring I'm told he got 4th-5th round type grades. I doubt the advisory board gave him a higher grade than the scouts from the spring.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

FYI,

There will be 2 small school QBs getting some hype as top 3 round picks but I don't see it from either one. I have both as late round or PFA type prospects. I remember all the hype behind Erik Meyer coming into his senior year and I never had him higher than a 6th-7th round pick. I think the EIU and Cornell QBs will get some hype as top 5-7 QBs in this class and I don't think either are top 3 round picks. I think the Cornell QB could go 4th-5th but he will have to really light it up this year and show a slightly stronger arm to go that high. Small school QBs only go high these days when they have the big arm.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBScouting View Post
People have Boyd and Sutton way too high. Boyd is considered a 4th-5th round pick by scouts right now. Sutton is only about 5'11 1/2 or so. He's not a top 100 pick. Watch him "fall" like a rock. I say fall because he was never rated high. In fact, most scouts consider him a PFA right now.

Fales is a mid round guy despite most media rating him high. Scouts have him much lower. Also, the SJSU kid you have is not even rated draftable by the scouts right now.

Scouts think Colvin is a 3rd-4th round guy right now.

Hakeem Smith not on the draftable lists from scouts I have seen either.

The Buffalo LB is someone scouts think may end up being a 1st round pick.
what's wrong with an insanely productive 6'0/6'1 DT? If he repeats last years performance it would be insane for GMs to let him fall out of the top 50

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
what's wrong with an insanely productive 6'0/6'1 DT? If he repeats last years performance it would be insane for GMs to let him fall out of the top 50
He's not 6'1 from what I'm told. Scouts tell me he is closer to 5'11 1/2 and only 280 pounds. He's had one year of insane production. Let's see what he does this year. I would only put a player in the first round who is no doubt going to be a top 50 pick because they don't have a lot to prove. He needs to show he can duplicate last year and will have to get bigger, which he can only do so much of. He's a great player and may have a good NFL career but he's not rated as high by NFL teams as the media thinks right now. He's a late round/PFA type in the eyes of NFL teams.

Remember that you don't find really small DTs in the NFL. The smallest ones are usually 6'1 295 or so. Most DTs are 6'2-6'5 and 295-335. He will really need to fill out that frame to push higher than the mid rounds at this point.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ASU does have one of the worst weight programs in D-I so it would not surprise me if he could add 10-20 lbs of muscle

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Remember that you don't find really small DTs in the NFL. The smallest ones are usually 6'1 295 or so. Most DTs are 6'2-6'5 and 295-335. He will really need to fill out that frame to push higher than the mid rounds at this point.
I'll toss out two:

Geno Atkins: HT: 6013 WT: 293
Henry Melton: HT: 6035 WT: 269

These are considered the two best pass rushing 3 techs in the NFL right now. Sutton is pretty close to a clone of these. In fact, both of these players' game demonstrates the advantage of not being tall, by providing them a clear advantage in leverage. They win the pad level battle with ease, and do so while not sacrificing there ability to produce explosive power. They are elite because they are quick and can maintain better strength and leverage.

You can and do find small DTs in today's NFL. If Sutton doesn't go day 1, I would bet real money that Seattle moves up early in the 2nd and gets him. Assuming no catastrophic injury or anomalous drop in production in 2013. I'd even submit that Seattle doesn't make the Harvin deal if Sutton declared in 2013.

I fully expect the Seahawks to take him on day 1. There is evidence that Seattle was very very interested in him before the combine and before the draft declaration deadline. Seattle has a well earned reputation for taking guys who groupthinkers feel should fall. We aren't afraid to take a guy a round early if he's worth it. We certainly don't draft based on what most of the NFL thinks. If you know what you're doing, you can get ridiculous value where the rest of the pack passes over as garbage. Seattle uses that to the fullest to nurture that large angry chip on their shoulder they carry into the NFL with. Their development track record of angry/motivated and talented 'sub optimal' prospects has been outstanding.

I hope you're right, and that he's considered a mid round pick.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk View Post
I'll toss out two:

Geno Atkins: HT: 6013 WT: 293
Henry Melton: HT: 6035 WT: 269

These are considered the two best pass rushing 3 techs in the NFL right now. Sutton is pretty close to a clone of these. In fact, both of these players' game demonstrates the advantage of not being tall, by providing them a clear advantage in leverage. They win the pad level battle with ease, and do so while not sacrificing there ability to produce explosive power. They are elite because they are quick and can maintain better strength and leverage.

You can and do find small DTs in today's NFL. If Sutton doesn't go day 1, I would bet real money that Seattle moves up early in the 2nd and gets him. Assuming no catastrophic injury or anomalous drop in production in 2013. I'd even submit that Seattle doesn't make the Harvin deal if Sutton declared in 2013.

I fully expect the Seahawks to take him on day 1. There is evidence that Seattle was very very interested in him before the combine and before the draft declaration deadline. Seattle has a well earned reputation for taking guys who groupthinkers feel should fall. We aren't afraid to take a guy a round early if he's worth it. We certainly don't draft based on what most of the NFL thinks. If you know what you're doing, you can get ridiculous value where the rest of the pack passes over as garbage. Seattle uses that to the fullest to nurture that large angry chip on their shoulder they carry into the NFL with. Their development track record of angry/motivated and talented 'sub optimal' prospects has been outstanding.

I hope you're right, and that he's considered a mid round pick.
Melton is 6'3, 295 and playing DE right now.

Atkins is 6'1, 300 pounds and I never said 6'1 300 pound guys are too small to make it in the NFL.

You also just gave two names, even if both were simliar to Sutton.

I don't know for sure but what I'm telling you is that scouts are telling me Sutton is a late round or PFA prospect and that he is more like 5'11 1/2 280 pounds than 6'1 300 pounds. NFL coaches don't like small tackles. There are no stars in the NFL at 5'11 or 6'0 280 playing DT and none that size playing at all. If Sutton is as small as people are saying to me he won't get drafted in the top 150 and may not get drafted at all unless he repeats as Pac-12 DEF POY and and absolutely kills it in workouts and a major all-star game.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He kind of reminds me of Trevor Laws.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Melton is 6'3, 295 and playing DE right now.

Atkins is 6'1, 300 pounds and I never said 6'1 300 pound guys are too small to make it in the NFL.

You also just gave two names, even if both were simliar to Sutton.

I don't know for sure but what I'm telling you is that scouts are telling me Sutton is a late round or PFA prospect and that he is more like 5'11 1/2 280 pounds than 6'1 300 pounds. NFL coaches don't like small tackles. There are no stars in the NFL at 5'11 or 6'0 280 playing DT and none that size playing at all. If Sutton is as small as people are saying to me he won't get drafted in the top 150 and may not get drafted at all unless he repeats as Pac-12 DEF POY and and absolutely kills it in workouts and a major all-star game.
Melton isnt playing DE. He's our UT.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Im not getting the love nor buying the hype for Boyd. Phenomenal athlete and good college football player, but people are looking at Russell Wilson and immediately making the comparison.

I think we all need to slow down a few. Boyd didn't even get a 1st round grade for 2013. How is he being projected a top 10-15 pick in 2014 in what is supposed to be a stronger QB class?
What hype?
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Melton isnt playing DE. He's our UT.
He is listed at DE on NFL.com now. I figured he would be moving to DE? Either way, still much bigger than Sutton. My whole point is that Sutton, if the size from NFL scouts I'm hearing is true, is going to be considered too small and he won't be a top 50 or top 100 pick. I'm not saying he won't last in the NFL or can't but if he is he will be the first at his size to play DT in recent memory.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Quote:
I'll totally concede you and your sources may well be dead on with that call. Certainly he's a guy that locally there is more buzz about because his one asset is the biggest need Seattle has by a mile. So we likely aren't the best judges of where he may go. But I guarantee you Seattle doesn't let him go UDFA. We'll have 10 picks next year like we do every year and he'll likely be one of them.

Seattle is a bit of a strange organization. They tend to like raw guys with huge upside. Something Sutton isn't. But more than anything, they love guys who are not like everyone else and have unique talent. Something Sutton is. And they have had the best success with day two and three picks on guys who are talented but told they can't play. These guys come into the league hungry and stay that way. And honestly, I think Carroll gets a bonus thrill turning NFL groupthink on it's head. He and Schneider both like to draft out of bounds.

Seattle is really good at figuring out about where guys may go in the draft. I fully expect them to take Sutton about a round higher than the next most interested team.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
PF28
1. Jake Matthews – OT – Texas A&M
I like him more than Joeckel as a prospect and think he'll make the transition to LT without a problem.
2. Taylor Lewan – OT – Michigan
I had some doubts about Lewan during times through his junior season but he showed great ability having to face Clowney in the bowl game.
3. CJ Mosley – LB – Alabama
Complete backer prospect with the ability to cover and breakdown plays.
4. Tahj Boyd – QB – Clemson
Positional value boosts him up this high, had a much improved junior season.
5. James Hurst – OT – North Carolina
James had the luxury of playing next to Cooper but he played very well himself and would get more early attention if it wasn't for Matthews and Lewan.
6. Jason Verrett – CB – TCU
Most complete corner in the entire class and has played the part the last two seasons at TCU.
7. Ra’Shede Hageman – DT – Minnesota
As bad as the Gophers are, Hageman is the real deal. Extremely athletic for his size and a solid game against Travis Frederick last year.
8. Bene Bewikere – CB/S – San Jose State
Physical corner with terrific ball skills, thinking he might be more of a safety prospect.
9. AJ McCarron – QB – Alabama
Count me as one who likes what I see out of AJ. Positional value does boost him up the board a bit but and he has starting ability for the NFL.
10. Aaron Colvin – CB – Oklahoma
Senior class is strong at the top with tackles and secondary players and it's rounded out by Colvin. Another DB with really good ball skills and I could see hm being moved to safety as well.
11. Andrew Jackson – ILB – Western Kentucky
A tackling machine for the Hilltoppers and player who battled, holding his own against Bama while others proved throughout the year that they could not.
12. Anthony Barr – OLB – UCLA
Physically the tools are clearly there with his speed but he will need to develop physicality if he plans on being more than a situational player in the NFL.
13. Cyril Richardson – OG – Baylor
Baylor's running attack was an impressive unit last season and Richardson's contributions on the line are a large factor in making it happen.
14. Jordan Matthews – WR – Vanderbilt
Big receiving target who has proven to be able to perform despite being the focus of the defense in stopping the pass. Won't wow physically otherwise he'd be higher up.
15. Khalil Mack – OLB – Buffalo
An absolute terror of the edge and it was difficult for me not to put him higher but he is a little on the smaller end.
16. Will Sutton – DT – Arizona State
Much like Mack, Sutton is an absolute terror for opponents but size will be questioned.
17. Christian Jones – OLB – Florida State
I find myself to be difficult on FSU prospects but I like what I see from Jones. He possesses everything you look for in a 43 outside backer prospect.
18. Zack Martin – G/T – Notre Dame
Martin has been a wonderful player for the Irish, might have to kick inside though. Either way, he's no slouch.
19. Hakeem Smith – S – Louisville
Not a strong class for pure safety prospects, but Smith leads the way. A physical presence for Charlie Strong's defense and is a very experienced player.
20. Charles Sims – RB – Houston
My favorite running back of all the senior. A bigger back with good speed and shifty for his size. Also is an asset in the passing, as to be expected playing at Houston.

If Seantrel Henderson plays like he should he will be higher than some of these linemen. And if Michael Dyer gets to play somewhere and shows something he is talent wise by far the best senior back, but his off the field stuff will set him back a long ways, but in terms of talent there is no better senior back out there.

Andrew Jackson is good but will drop in the draft like all inside linebackers seem to do. Plus he has to compete against Christian Jones who is bigger and faster, Avery Williamson is a solid play as is James Morris and Max Bullough.

In terms of quarterback Boyd is ok but Paschall is better than him, so is Murray and potentially Thomas if he has a good year. Sure people will say Boyd is similar to Russell Wilson, smaller quarterback with good production but Wilson has a much stronger arm I think and is less of a system performer. Boyd I think gets a lot of his yards with the system they run there. Good football player just not sure he is that elite in terms of talent.

No Kyle Van Noy is kind of crazy to me, he is easily a 1st round pick if he does half of what he did last season on BYU.

And as a corner Lamarcus Joyner is a stud, played safety last year but can hit and if he plays well in coverage being back at corner, he could be a very high pick with his tackling and toughness.

As for Jake Matthews, easy to say he is the top but he really has to show more to prove that spot in my eyes. Will see how good he is as the main guy without Joeckel around.

As for Hageman he needs to produce more on the field I think, great talent in a some what weak class of tackles but through the juniors of Nix, Jernigan and Anthony Johnson that changes things quickly....

...which is why the senior only lists I never got because it always looks so strange when compared to what it actually be.

Quite note: I thought Charles Sims transfered to WV?
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-west-virginia

Last edited by Ozzy : 07-05-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ozzy, if all your "ifs" become reality then yes this board will look considerably different, but many of the players you mentioned towards the top have sizable question marks that need answers.

Casey Pachall is a talented quarterback prospect but he also has significant character concerns and that drops him regardless of talent. Aaron Murray is not a better prospect than Boyd. Murray has all the tools you want, minus size, in a quarterback but he remains too inconsistent to warrant consideration before the third round.

I don't like adding juniors at this point because we have no idea which ones will be staying, which ones will be going, and many of them haven't played enough quality time on the field to give us a great idea of what they are as prospects.

I need to update the first post now that Sims is at West Virginia but this list was made prior to all the news he made so that's why it says Houston.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
princefielder28

I don't like adding juniors at this point because we have no idea which ones will be staying, which ones will be going, and many of them haven't played enough quality time on the field to give us a great idea of what they are as prospects.
Kind of true, but it seems almost every year more and more underclassmen come out, be it a junior or a redshirt sophomore.

Sure sites like this one only post seniors, but it is like ok, who are we trying to fool here, and always the draft looks crap before you put the juniors in more often than not. The top 5-10 or so juniors at each position always have a chance of coming out. Some years are stronger than others, but at receiver and offensive tackle there are tons of good juniors this up coming season.

For the NBA draft no one really cares about age, they predict the top freshman to come out almost every year, I do not see why it is not the same with underclassmen in football because it happens in every year.

To me it is hard to do a senior only list, because it is just so incomplete and incorrect, because it will never look like that when it is all said and done. Sure this senior is good, so what these three juniors will be picked a
head of him by that position and that pushes him down to round 2 or 3.

But maybe that is just me....
Old 07-13-2013, 03:35 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not having rees in the top 20 is a disgrace!

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
JustisM
Rookie

JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 3 SR QB's left off of this. Boyd and McCarron on here, though. Hmmm..
JustisM is offline   Reply With Quote