Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-05-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Now just give me Cleary to Detroit so I can be happy before remembering that we'll be in a dogfight with Florida for the division basement.
If we get Weiss, then Brunner and Cleary are both gone elsewhere. No room.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just go with your Western New York roots. Then you only have to worry about overpaying nobodies once every five years or so.
Unfortunately I have been a know nothing Penguins fan since I was like 8. Didn't even watch a Hockey game until the Sabers made a run but finally decided to give it a shot this past season.

I love it so far but I don't think it will ever displace Football or Baseball for me.

But I love Ryan Miller... (The only Saber I know anymore besides Roy and Vanek.)

I had to check to see if Afinogenov or Pominville was still there... and I knew Briere and Campell were gone.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure don't want Clarkson for this price.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He got a no trade clause ?

amazing.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 07-05-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the cap hit for both Bozak and Clarkson but the length for Clarkson, god dammit.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

He also got a no movement clause.

This is getting better

#MoncriefArmy
Old 07-05-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Cullen agrees to terms with the Nashville Predators on a 2 years /7M total, per Aaron Ward.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Apparently Flyers and Habs are in talks for a trade.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 07-05-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Stephen Weiss to DET is done. 5 years, $4.9M.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 07-05-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Weiss, 5 years, 4.9 million per.

**** YEAH, I can tolerate that
Old 07-05-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just let me know when Jagr or Ryder sign with Buffalo.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Such a good day. I'm so pumped. I'm taking a stab at the line combinations:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abby
Nyquist - Weiss - Franzen
Tatar - Helm - Alfredsson
Miller - Andersson - Bertuzzi
Eaves, Samuelsson

I expect them to trade Tootoo and Emmerton. I'd love if they could somehow unload Sammy and keep Tootoo as the 14th forward.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nashville signs another guy in Hendricks who is not going to change the fact that they're going to score, like, 8 goals next year. Do what you can, I suppose.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i wish there was a place in there somewhere for brunner.
I don't see how they'll be able to keep him or Cleary. They have so many forwards.

Last edited by TimD : 07-05-2013 at 02:40 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Such a good day. I'm so pumped. I'm taking a stab at the line combinations:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abby
Nyquist - Weiss - Franzen
Tatar - Helm - Alfredsson
Miller - Andersson - Bertuzzi
Eaves, Samuelsson

I expect them to trade Tootoo and Emmerton. I'd love if they could somehow unload Sammy and keep Tootoo as the 14th forward.
The lines are more like this, if you ask me:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Zetterberg - Weiss - Alfredsson
Miller - Helm - Eaves
Nyquist - Andersson - Tatar
(Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Emmerton, Tootoo)

I do think Eaves could end up being dealt. He's the only guy that might be attractive to other teams given his minimal 1-year, 1.2 million contract remaining.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't like seeing Cullen leave, but if Coyle can center the second line, we will be plenty fine.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Filppula to Tampa. Signs for more than Vinny did.

Nystrom to Nashville because Predators. Poile is really taking this Team USA thing to heart.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hearing blues are close to signing Valtteri Filppula? I'm at work so its hard to follow. Good or bad signing? If this is indeed true. Does he atleast give 100% effort everytime unlike half the blues?

Edit: well nevermind haha
Old 07-05-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Weiss and Filppula got basically the same contract. Fil got 0.5 more over the course of the deal.

Weiss 0.60 career PPG (over the course of a lot more games than Fil)
Filppula 0.52 career PPG

Weiss is 11 months older and a more well-rounded player, IMO.

Good work, Ken Holland (can't believe I'm saying this)
Old 07-05-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Roy and Grabovski are what's left of the center market. Definitely options for St. Louis.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
The lines are more like this, if you ask me:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Zetterberg - Weiss - Alfredsson
Miller - Helm - Eaves
Nyquist - Andersson - Tatar
(Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Emmerton, Tootoo)

I do think Eaves could end up being dealt. He's the only guy that might be attractive to other teams given his minimal 1-year, 1.2 million contract remaining.
Nyquist and Tatar on the fourth line is ******* stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Detroit was apparently interested in Brenden Morrow, so maybe I will still get to laugh at them once today.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Detroit was apparently interested in Brenden Morrow, so maybe I will still get to laugh at them once today.
Seems totally bogus to me, though I saw the reports too.

Unless he signed a 1-year, 1 million deal, it'd be nearly impossible to work out due to the fact that the Red Wings are gonna have 16 (!) forwards under contract once Andersson and Nyquist get their RFA deals done. They'll have to shed three forwards just to be able to put someone like Morrow (or Brunner or Cleary) on the roster. And the players that depart will have to make more money than someone like Corey Emmerton's 500K.

I wonder if a team desperate to reach the salary floor would take on Mikael Samuelsson's 3 million? That's probably a pipe dream, right?
Old 07-05-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone heard any action with regards to the Kings? Outside of visiting Jarrett Stoll in the hospital I haven't heard if GM Lombardi is even considering anyone.

And losing Scuderi sucks; he was super solid on the blue line and will be missed.....

WHAT SAY YE?
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Ryan to the Senators for Silfverberg, 1st and something else apparently.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote