Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 06-12-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still don't understand this.

Who knows, maybe we need some of this in our play. Usually I don't like to see Colts getting all vocal and chippy.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm semi-excited about Bradshaw. I think there's a good chance he'll start, but that he'll get pretty close to 50/50 on carries with Ballard. Gotta keep him healthy if we want him in the post season.

Assuming McGlynn ever finally gets cut I will feel pretty positive about our run game for the first time in many years.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think Lefeged gets cut?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/indianapoli...ry?id=19533059

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:04 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's probably a good chance. I think this is his first offense though. He probably couldn't have done this at a worse time.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-05-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From twitter more reasons Andrew Luck should have been ROY and in general owns life "Andrew Luck stats courtesy of @PFF: No QB attempted more passes of 20+ yards. 2nd to Stafford in dropbacks. 1st in dropbacks under pressure."

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Yeah it's silly to think RG3 had a comparable year. I forget now, who ended up getting it, him or Wilson? If it was Wilson then I'm ok with it.

I can't wait to see Luck in a better offense with better blocking, RBs, and weapons. And a better defense to give him more possessions. Wow I am excited for this season!

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-09-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah it's silly to think RG3 had a comparable year. I forget now, who ended up getting it, him or Wilson? If it was Wilson then I'm ok with it.

I can't wait to see Luck in a better offense with better blocking, RBs, and weapons. And a better defense to give him more possessions. Wow I am excited for this season!
I believe it was RG3 who ended up winning it. Honestly I'm not sure why, I thought that while RG3 was more exciting to watch, Luck was the better quarterback while on a far worse team.

Also this season isn't coming fast enough, I really want to watch some Colts football.
pattonsc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know when training camp starts? First game is Aug 11, so things got to be starting up in the next week or two.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is this Caesar Rayford guy?

Very impressive so far. We might have let go of someone decent to make room for him, as there isn't a lot of room.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Who is this Caesar Rayford guy?

Very impressive so far. We might have let go of someone decent to make room for him, as there isn't a lot of room.
Let's cut Mike McGlynn to keep him.

In all seriousness Rayford may be the next CFL star to make a splash in the NFL. It'd be great to not have to draft another OLB for a while.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-19-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel real confident about us winning the south this year. We have a better QB than the Texans. There impact guys on offense have been banged up a lot(A. Johnson and Foster). JJ Watt is a monster but in all likelihood will take a step back this year from maybe the best defensive performance ever. If our defense is just an average unit I think we can win it. What our offense can do has me really excited. They can be a top 5 unit. Anyone else thoughts on this?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Last edited by Bob Sanders Dreadlock : 08-19-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans are still better on paper.

You saw what Watt did to our O-Line last year. It was pretty much a revolving door for him. And O-Line isn't much better this year, unfortunately. A guy like that makes a HUGE difference, and we don't have one.

But, there is definitely reasons to be optimistic.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I hope Colts don't think that they can just stash Caesar Rayford on the Practice Squad.

He absolutely MUST make the roster.

That play where the OL was called for holding him and he still got the sack (didn't count because of offsetting penalties) was just awesome.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I hope Colts don't think that they can just stash Caesar Rayford on the Practice Squad.

He absolutely MUST make the roster.

That play where the OL was called for holding him and he still got the sack (didn't count because of offsetting penalties) was just awesome.
Yeah he has to make the roster. Who would even come close to being a better 4th OLB? TONS of potential and he finishes sacks better than our first rounder.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

They should put him vs. 1st teamers in the last pre-season game.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Some tough roster decisions are coming. Mario Harvey has played well, but we have too many ILBs. He might not make it, although I think he is better then Sheppard.

Rayford's play might force another unexpected cut.

We actually have some nice depth at front 7.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing about O-Line. It doesn't look like it has really been upgraded much since last season.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

K. Williams looked good last night vs the Bengals. Rayford had a good open field tackle and should w/out a doubt be on the 53 roster. I'm really disappointed in Harnish. He's looked horrible all pre-season. Our O-Line still looks lousy in run support and not much better pass protection. Castonza needs to turn it on this year otherwise I view him as a middle of the pack LT. If that happens i think we're drafting another LT high next year in the draft. The pass rush will be a WIP all year. Hopefully Mathis has been sandbagging in the per-season and Werner is still learning his position. The secondary is the most improved unit from last year. Toler can play well and having an effective safety next to Bethea should free him up to make plays.

My money is on Grigson signing another WR after cuts on Saturday.

The above said, it's just pre-season. I'm ready for game to count.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Supposedly the team is shopping Conner for trades. I sure as hell hope Grigson is trying to get more than a 6th for him. I don't feel good about trading Conner at all. Angerer is injury-prone and Sheppard hasn't looked very good. I guess Harvey has shown well in pre-season but I don't trust him yet either. It just seems like a bad idea to get rid of a cheap starting-caliber ILB for no real reason.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-31-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Conner apparently has an ankle injury. I wonder if this isn't Grigson figuring out if he has any value more than anything else.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts 53 Man Roster (currently contains 54 players as LaVon Brazill doesn't count towards it yet):

Andrew Luck
Matt Hasselbeck

Vick Ballard
Ahmad Bradshaw
Donald Brown
Kerwynn Williams

Stanley Havili

Reggie Wayne
Darrius Heyward-Bey
T. Y. Hilton
Griff Whalen
David Reed
LaVon Brazill

Dwayne Allen
Coby Fleener
Justice Cunningham

Anthony Castonzo
Gosder Cherilus
Joe Reitz
Jeff Linkenbach

Donald Thomas
Mike McGlynn
Hugh Thornton

Samson Satele
Khaled Holmes

Josh Chapman
Aubrayo Franklin

Cory Redding
Ricky Jean-Francois
Montori Hughes
Fili Moala
Ricardo Mathews

Robert Mathis
Erik Walden
Björn Werner
Caesar Rayford

Jerrell Freeman
Pat Angerer
Kavell Conner
Kelvin Sheppard
Mario Harvey

Vontae Davis
Greg Toler
Darius Butler
Cassius Vaughn
Josh Gordy

Antoine Bethea
Joe Lefeged

LaRon Landry
Delano Howell
Sergio Brown

Pat McAfee
Matt Overton
Adam Vinatieri

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little sad to see Drake Nevis go. Though he really had something as a 3-tech, and just couldn't find his way with the new defense. I bet he'll find a home in the league, at least for a few more years.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Looks to me like we need our weakness heading into this year is OL again. It is frustrating to see McGlynn and Satele starting. I'm interested to see if Castonzo improves.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 09-01-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Nevis, Ijalana, and Tevaseu leaving are bummers. McGlynn, Satele, and Sheppard should all be gone this year. I'm glad Rico Mathews made it though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-01-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It came down to Nevis, Matthews, Guy and Moala for the last two linemen spots. I expected one of them to be Moala but the team clearly like him (resigned him) and he is probably the best pass rusher the team have along the line. The other three all played well in preseason.

I was disappointing to see Ijalana cut as I liked him coming out of college and thought he did well in limited opportunities in preseason. He definitely outplayed Joe Reitz. If he isn't picked up anywhere he is still practice squad eligible.

I also though that Dominique Jones did enough to make the roster (especially with the injuries to Allen and Fleener). I also liked Martin Tevaseu but the team were never going to keep 3 Nose Tackles (3 and a half if you include Montori Hughes). He was the third NT so he was always the option to get cut.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Why do we need 3 ILBs?

i done stole dis sig