Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-02-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It doesn't. Season 2 is universally hated. The storyline with Landry is just out of nowhere and stupid, and nothing really makes much sense.
I don't hate it, it has plenty of bright spots and the scene with Coach/Saracen where Coach throws him in the shower is one of the best scenes of the series. It's nowhere close to the other 4 seasons, but it's not Heroes bad.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Looks interesting but i'm not sure how far they can take a dirty cop storyline? 2 seasons?
Uhh...The Shield lasted how long? Six seasons?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Uhh...The Shield lasted how long? Six seasons?
Seven goddammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot about Under the Dome so I caught up on the internet. All I can say is Thank God, we have internet. Pointless to sit down and watch this show with commercial.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:56 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy was awesome. So glad they showed Nightmare at 20,000 Feet with Shatner.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watch it. It's a solid show. Nothing spectacular but enjoyable.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not a proper television show, but I'm hooked on Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians Riding In Cars Getting Coffee webseries. Last night I watched all the episodes on Crackle. Jerry keeps getting a little bit closer to creating a show that's legitimately about nothing.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It's not a proper television show, but I'm hooked on Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians Riding In Cars Getting Coffee webseries. Last night I watched all the episodes on Crackle. Jerry keeps getting a little bit closer to creating a show that's legitimately about nothing.
There are a few of us who really like this too. The ones with Ricky Gervais and Larry David are my favorites by far.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bar Rescue returns tonight!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little late to realizing this, but the pilot episode for 'Orphan Black' on BBC America is definitely intriguing. Gonna watch the first season.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
anyone watched copper? not sure if it's interesting, or if i was just extremely bored when i pulled it up on netflix...
I watched the first 5 episodes of season one and never continued. It didn't hook me enough. I really wanted to like it (BBC America's first original show), but it just didn't do it for me. I heard it improved later on, but I doubt I'll ever return to it.

BBC America's second original show, Orphan Black, is probably better based on critical reception. I'm checking it out now.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orphan Black is a show everyone should be watching.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Michael Richards' story about chess was probably my favorite part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Agreed. That whole episode was good too. I love how he made up that he knew Sugar Ray Leonard and then it turns out that it's Jay Mohr's house.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
When Jerry sees Jay Mohr's dog. "I didn't know he was ***"

And Richards slowly devolved into Kramer.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comedians in Cars is excellent. Jerry is a such a funny guy but his standup is at best average. Larry David is the real brains but Seinfeld(person) still has something that just makes you laugh. Anyone understand what I'm talking about?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bar Rescue is back and it continues to be one of the most entertaining shows on television.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Orphan Black is a show everyone should be watching.
YOUR WELCOME, and Thank YOU!!!

How about here assss in that first episode?

Its crazy how she films all those scenes, with her clones.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Bar Rescue is back and it continues to be one of the most entertaining shows on television.
seriously?! I can't stand how that guy just yells and yells. Its the same as restaurant impossible but moar yelling.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Comedians in Cars is excellent. Jerry is a such a funny guy but his standup is at best average. Larry David is the real brains but Seinfeld(person) still has something that just makes you laugh. Anyone understand what I'm talking about?
His web series pretty much is a demonstration of what makes Jerry so good. He's great at creating and carrying on an interesting, relatable conversation and the comedy takes care of itself from being relatable.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
seriously?! I can't stand how that guy just yells and yells. Its the same as restaurant impossible but moar yelling.
He is doing it for a reason! He needs to humble these people and yelling makes them actually listen. Jon Taffer is actually a really sweet guy and the yelling is absolutely necessary.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I watched a few episodes of Bar Rescue one night and thought it was somewhat entertaining. Then I watched a couple more and became ******* annoyed in the same way I am watching any scripted procedural drama show. It's always the same formulaic nonsense.

It's just manufactured, petty and undeniably bogus conflict created for the sake of overly-dramatic moments to allow Jon Taffer to yell and yell like a lunatic.

If the show focused more on the actual business of creating successful bars and less on the asinine personal feuds between employees (that half the time seem too absurd to not be completely fake), then it might be a show worth watching.

Each episode could be boiled down to 10 minutes of actually watch-worthy content. A third of the show is recapping what we've already been told (basically after every commercial break they repeat everything) and another third is talking heads from the employees that couldn't be less compelling.

Last edited by Xiomera : 07-07-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I watched a few episodes of Bar Rescue one night and thought it was entertaining. Then I watched a couple more and became ******* annoyed in the same way I am watching any scripted procedural drama show. It's always the same formulaic nonsense.

It's just manufactured, petty and undeniably bogus conflict created for the sake of overly-dramatic moments to allow Jon Taffer to yell and yell like a lunatic.

If the show focused more on the actual business of creating successful bars and less on the asinine personal feuds between employees (that half the time seem too absurd to not be completely fake), then it might be a show worth watching.
I tend to think reality shows are scripted but I also think Bar Rescue is different (everyone who has been on the show says it is all real too). A lot of the time the personal feuds are getting in the way of the business being successful so Taffer has to deal with that. From what I understand a ton of good stuff is cut so I think the show would be so much better if it were half an hour longer. These are some of the worst bars in America and most are terribly run so they absolutely can seem scripted just based on how ******* awful they are before he fixes ****. Obviously I am a staunch defender of the show and normally the whole yelling for the sake of yelling and manufactured drama pisses me off and makes me stop watching a show but to me Bar Rescue is different.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I watched a few episodes of Bar Rescue one night and thought it was somewhat entertaining. Then I watched a couple more and became ******* annoyed in the same way I am watching any scripted procedural drama show. It's always the same formulaic nonsense.

Each episode could be boiled down to 10 minutes of actually watch-worthy content. A third of the show is recapping what we've already been told (basically after every commercial break they repeat everything) and another third is talking heads from the employees that couldn't be less compelling.
Meh I agree that some of this has to be without a doubt fake. But some of the things he does and those brief insights on why he does what he does and act like he acts makes it interesting.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I do agree that the show spends to much time recapping and can be dumbed down far too much but I mean it is a show on Spike TV whose target audience is dominated by mongoloids.