Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Westbrook is the alpha on that team. Durant is Robin. He has Robin mentality. He's not a Kobe, Melo, Jordan type of stone cold killer he needs to be to become a champion.
People said the same thing about LeBron. Look how that has turned out...
Old 07-08-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Westbrook is the alpha on that team. Durant is Robin. He has Robin mentality. He's not a Kobe, Melo, Jordan type of stone cold killer he needs to be to become a champion.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
People said the same thing about LeBron. Look how that has turned out...
You rooted for the Heat in the finals. HOW COULD YOU?!!

I don't get you bro! I really don't get you!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You rooted for the Heat in the finals. HOW COULD YOU?!!

I don't get you bro! I really don't get you!
I didn't really "root" for anyone. I wanted the Heat to win for two reasons: 1) I have hated the Spurs for a long, long time and 2) Because it would just be hilarious to listen to all the LeBron haters.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't really "root" for anyone. I wanted the Heat to win for two reasons: 1) I have hated the Spurs for a long, long time and 2) Because it would just be hilarious to listen to all the LeBron haters.
It's the HEAT! That's like rooting for the Eagles, or Cowboys or Redskins in the SB! I hate the Spurs too bc of 99, but you'll always hate the Heat. You just hate the Spurs for now, but that hate will subside. But you'll ALWAYS hate the Heat!

And **** LeBron. He's still a coward.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Durant is a clown. So overrated. .
This looks much better. Not really worth a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
It's the HEAT! That's like rooting for the Eagles, or Cowboys or Redskins in the SB! I hate the Spurs too bc of 99, but you'll always hate the Heat. You just hate the Spurs for now, but that hate will subside. But you'll ALWAYS hate the Heat!

Except, I never once rooted for them. Just a matter of preference of who won. And it's no where near like rooting for the Eagles, Redskins, or Cowboys. Maybe it's because I'm young but I feel very few rivalries in the NBA. Maybe the Bulls because I hate Jordan and what he did to the Knicks. Perhaps the Pacers w/ Reggie too.

And, who gives a **** if LeBron is a coward or not. Dude has rings and is the best player in the world.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Except, I never once rooted for them. Just a matter of preference of who won. And it's no where near like rooting for the Eagles, Redskins, or Cowboys. Maybe it's because I'm young but I feel very few rivalries in the NBA. Maybe the Bulls because I hate Jordan and what he did to the Knicks. Perhaps the Pacers w/ Reggie too.

And, who gives a **** if LeBron is a coward or not. Dude has rings and is the best player in the world.
The Bulls, Pacers and Heat will always be our rivals. Always. I don't consider the Celtics a rival even though many older Knicks fans do. To me there isn't enough history in the past 20 years for that to be a real rivalry. Maybe in the 80s downward, but it just doesn't have enough bad blood for me to consider them a legit rival.

You're old enough to remember our mid to late 90s wars with the Heat. We hate the Heat. And they hate us.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This looks much better. Not really worth a response.
You'll come around to it in a year. Durant gets propped up bc we want to give LeBron a rival. But he's not up to the task.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'm pretty sure the Bucks are tanking.
But not on purpose.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't hate the Knicks, because the Bulls don't lose to the Knicks.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
The Bulls, Pacers and Heat will always be our rivals. Always. I don't consider the Celtics a rival even though many older Knicks fans do. To me there isn't enough history in the past 20 years for that to be a real rivalry. Maybe in the 80s downward, but it just doesn't have enough bad blood for me to consider them a legit rival.

You're old enough to remember our mid to late 90s wars with the Heat. We hate the Heat. And they hate us.
Meh, I just don't feel it that much with the Heat. It felt like it was more created than actual rivalry. I mean, we drafted Hardaway Jr. The kid of the guy who said he'd always hate our guts.

Basketball rivalries are just not that intense to me. Doesn't compare to football and even baseball.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I don't hate the Knicks, because the Bulls don't lose to the Knicks.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Melo and champion in the same sentence just looks funny.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not trying to troll, because I really like Durant, but how much longer does he get to win a ring before people start criticizing him? Or does he get a pass because he's so well liked?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Meh, I just don't feel it that much with the Heat. It felt like it was more created than actual rivalry. I mean, we drafted Hardaway Jr. The kid of the guy who said he'd always hate our guts.

Basketball rivalries are just not that intense to me. Doesn't compare to football and even baseball.
Knicks/Bulls of the 90s was the most intense rivalry I can remember as a sports fan. Basketball rivalries are intense.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why people keep falling into BBD's traps.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know about that. Those teams hated each other. LJ Vs. Zo and Riley vs his old team. Hardaway had the **** everyone attitude too.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Not trying to troll, because I really like Durant, but how much longer does he get to win a ring before people start criticizing him? Or does he get a pass because he's so well liked?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????
Old 07-08-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lebron was criticized for not winning earlier and he was 27 when he finally got one. Durant can get called out but you could make a pretty strong case that hadn't Westbrook got hurt they might have got one this year. At 24 i wouldn't be calling out Durant, that's for sure.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I would. Clown. Keep taking those jump shots and watch Westbrook take over the ball without demanding it. Clown.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Melo and champion in the same sentence just looks funny.
Maybe Melo and Howard should be on the same team!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think anyone was making Jordan comparisons to Durant (and he certainly hasn't to my knowledge), so I think his naysayers may crop up later in his career, like before retirement.

Plus, they will just blame Westbrook for him not winning one.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would. Clown. Keep taking those jump shots and watch Westbrook take over the ball without demanding it. Clown.
So would you rather have someone who demands the ball and "takes over" games, but has little to no success (Melo) or as you claim, the guy who only takes jump shots and lets others take over with no real success but a lot more than the former in a lot shorter time (Durant)?

Let's be honest here bbd, if Durant is a clown for not taking over and winning nothing, then Melo must be a clown's asshole after eating White Castle.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote