Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots/Texans preview:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...-fourteen.html
Old 12-16-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Win today locks up the South. Kubiak needs to right this ship.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not just saying this for shock value. I think That Watt is the most dominate player I have ever seen at any position in the NFL, except for Deion Sanders in his prime.

I have watched as much of the Texans this year as I could, and he does something every play. When he is not sacking the qb or swatting the ball down, he is only a hair away from doing it. And he disrupts every play in some way. I don't ever remember anyone doing that. Its amazing.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can not believe the texans ended up playing in the wild card round. It sucks

Old 01-03-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, if we beat the Bengals its on to New England, and then potentially playing in Denver. That is a brutal road to the Superbowl. That being said, I like our chances against Cinci this Saturday. This team needs to turn things around and build up some momentum. Our offensive line needs to play better- mainly the right side, and Schaub really needs to step up. He has been awful lately.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I kinda feel like cincy should be a walk in the park. I truly feel this is the best team going, on paper. Just gotta get their heads right

Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cincy has changed alot since you beat them last time. Malualuga is much better; he was playing on 1 leg last year and 20 lbs heavier. Burfict is our leading tackler (178) and wasn't here last year. Our best CB wasn't playing in Leon Hall and we were injured on the other side also. Marvin Jones has stepped up as a solid #2 receiver the past month on offense. I think this will be a very goodgame and a close game. Cincy's offense hasn't been great of late, but the defense has shut every body down the 2nd half giving up only 12 pts a game average. It ain't gonna be a walk in the park. Close game that could go either way with most of the experts seemingly picking the Bengals.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense looked great. Reliant was rocking. Kubiak has got to get better with his play calling and Schaub needs to play like a veteran, not an old man.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Ok. Houston-Pats. I am nervous about this game. But I think the texicans are the more complete team. Even against Brady I still think the texicans can win this

Give me texicans, 31-24. Texicans are up against the ravens!!!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I am soooo pissed. No one can tell me the texicans are not the best team in the league. But they don't stretch the field. I am so mad.

Btw, I hope the pats smoke the ravens. I am sick of all the ray Lewis love. Was he no involved in a murder? And now everyone acts like it never happened.

Anyway, I am disappointed in the texans. This sucks.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
utaduck
Rookie

utaduck is a cocksman.utaduck is a cocksman.utaduck is a cocksman.
Default Needs Next Year

The Texans need to look at getting a compliment to Dre....they need to be able push it down field....they also need to maybe look at MLB depth (not Having Cushing hurt)...also OLB if they dont resign Connor Barwin....
utaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
utaduck
Rookie

They might also need to maybe draft a set of balls...because it did not look like the Texans had a pair till the game was out of reach....that is when they took their shots down the field
Old 01-13-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
utaduck
Rookie

Default Ray Lewis

Yea but he killed a human and not a dog...so that must make him better than Vick or Donte Stallworth
Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
utaduck
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Texans have so many needs but most pressing has to be Free Safety. I have tried to put them in order as I see it. Texans are quite satisfied with Spencer at LT. It a shame he got injured but Texans are very high on him.

1. Free Safety
2. CB who can play across DRob
3. OLB
4. RB
5. DT
The Texans have D Manning at FS so not a pressing concern....they have invested a first round draft pick and a Free agent signing in CB so I dont see that as a top worry either....OLB may be a concern if Connor Barwin is not resigned....RB, not a chance because you have Ben Tate and Forset filled in nicely....WR to compliment Dre has to be one of the top things, then depth at MLB and then you can look at depth in the defensive backfield
Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
utaduck
Rookie

Default Texans Draft

We have too look at someone to play next to Dre....we need more depth at MLB and OL....but they have to look at drafting another playmaker
Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

The texans absolutely have to find another wr. They have to stretch the field, which they can not do except for Optimus prime. A wr is a must in the off season

Old 01-13-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utaduck View Post
The Texans have D Manning at FS so not a pressing concern....they have invested a first round draft pick and a Free agent signing in CB so I dont see that as a top worry either....OLB may be a concern if Connor Barwin is not resigned....RB, not a chance because you have Ben Tate and Forset filled in nicely....WR to compliment Dre has to be one of the top things, then depth at MLB and then you can look at depth in the defensive backfield
Obviously that list was old when he made it since D-Rob was still on the team. That said, Glover Quinn is a joke and is a free agent that we shouldn't re-sign. Eric Reid would look nice even though he got torched in his bowl game. Even taking Amerson would be a huge upgrade. I don't think we should re-sign Barwin. We need to save up to re-sign Cushing and we have Mercilus waiting. Ben Tate should be interesting because I believe we should trade him before he is a free agent. He deserves to have the chance to start and has the ability to start on most teams. Give Forsett a chance to backup Foster. Cody will be a FA as well that we shouldn't re-sign so we need a big DT like John Jenkins. We badly need a WR and making a move for Keenan Allen would look nice. If not, then Justin Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, or Robert Woods. Antonio Smith will be a FA after next season and will be 32ish so that leaves open a possibility of drafting his replacement. I love me some Enzekial Ansah but probably too high to be taking a DE with other bigger needs. Our right side of the line has been awful and I have turned out to be right that we should have taken Cordy Glenn, Zietler, or traded up for Riley Reiff or DiCastro last year. That leaves open a chance at Eric Fisher or Jonathan Cooper. One way to get a weapon on offense would be to incorporate the Patriots and Broncos 2 TE sets and draft Tyler Eiffert. Plus, Daniels is a FA after next season I believe. You also have to wonder just how badly the NC game hurt Manti Teo. Could be an interesting choice next to Cushing. I would like to see us make a move for Keenan Allen.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devier Posey tore his Achilles. This raises the likelihood of us drafting a WR with our top pick even more.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Obviously that list was old when he made it since D-Rob was still on the team. That said, Glover Quinn is a joke and is a free agent that we shouldn't re-sign. Eric Reid would look nice even though he got torched in his bowl game. Even taking Amerson would be a huge upgrade. I don't think we should re-sign Barwin. We need to save up to re-sign Cushing and we have Mercilus waiting. Ben Tate should be interesting because I believe we should trade him before he is a free agent. He deserves to have the chance to start and has the ability to start on most teams. Give Forsett a chance to backup Foster. Cody will be a FA as well that we shouldn't re-sign so we need a big DT like John Jenkins. We badly need a WR and making a move for Keenan Allen would look nice. If not, then Justin Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, or Robert Woods. Antonio Smith will be a FA after next season and will be 32ish so that leaves open a possibility of drafting his replacement. I love me some Enzekial Ansah but probably too high to be taking a DE with other bigger needs. Our right side of the line has been awful and I have turned out to be right that we should have taken Cordy Glenn, Zietler, or traded up for Riley Reiff or DiCastro last year. That leaves open a chance at Eric Fisher or Jonathan Cooper. One way to get a weapon on offense would be to incorporate the Patriots and Broncos 2 TE sets and draft Tyler Eiffert. Plus, Daniels is a FA after next season I believe. You also have to wonder just how badly the NC game hurt Manti Teo. Could be an interesting choice next to Cushing. I would like to see us make a move for Keenan Allen.
I'm hoping we address WR in FA and target a different position in the draft just because the bust rate for WR's is so high and most of our WR selections haven't panned out (granted they haven't been round 1). Greg Jennings most likely won't be back in GB next year and I think he would be a great addition. All the WR's in the world won't help us though if Schaub doesn't have the balls to take shots downfield.

If we bring in a FA WR, positions I'd like to see us address early are: RG or RT, CB, S, or NT depending on BPA.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I'm hoping we address WR in FA and target a different position in the draft just because the bust rate for WR's is so high and most of our WR selections haven't panned out (granted they haven't been round 1). Greg Jennings most likely won't be back in GB next year and I think he would be a great addition. All the WR's in the world won't help us though if Schaub doesn't have the balls to take shots downfield.

If we bring in a FA WR, positions I'd like to see us address early are: RG or RT, CB, S, or NT depending on BPA.
I wouldn't mind that at all if we went after Jennings. Then see if any of the top WR's fall to the second round.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 01-14-2013 at 10:46 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I would not mind that at all, either.

An interesting comment was made. That Schaub doesn't take shots down field. I don't know if this is true or not. Obviously, they dont throw down field enough. No one would argue that. What I wonder is it the play calling, or Schaub? I have been debating this in my mind since the drumming.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I would not mind that at all, either.

An interesting comment was made. That Schaub doesn't take shots down field. I don't know if this is true or not. Obviously, they dont throw down field enough. No one would argue that. What I wonder is it the play calling, or Schaub? I have been debating this in my mind since the drumming.
I feel like we are limited by the throws Schaub can make, so its developed into a play calling issue. It also seems like he only looks for the intermediate distance/crossing routes. Deep fly routes are definitely not his forte, but with a WR the caliber of Andre Johnson I believe you still need to at least TRY. Hell, look at Joe Flacco. He throws plenty of ducks and overthrows his receivers on deep bombs all the time, but he keeps at it. Those times where it works out make all the attempts worth it.

I think it's a mix of both. Just my two cents.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Just a reminder to everyone that Houston is the greatest city that ever was and ever will be. It is known.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Tonight was ugly. Well, the little parts of it that I could watch while the ABC had technical difficulties with their satellite. OL was terrible, secondary was terrible although Keo just happened to be at the right place at the right time, and Yates was terrible. He had that one td pass but that was a prayer that happened to pay off with a great catch by Hopkins. Granted, it seemed like he pushed off and should have been called for offensive pass interference. Mitchell and Keenum played really well though. That Swearinger miss tackle was so bad that it was almost funny. Actually, I take that back, it was that bad. The Texans have a lot of work to do before the season starts. Oh, and Keenum needs the backup QB spot.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Ehh. It's preseason. I think we are just fine.