Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-07-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm starting to get emails from places like Target trying to get me to pre-order a next gen console.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get PS4 or XBone yet. My refurb PS3 is the first non-Nintendo console I've owned.

Any other PS3 owners split? Or anyone else thinking about waiting a while to let the consoles get debugged?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
So I'm starting to get emails from places like Target trying to get me to pre-order a next gen console.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get PS4 or XBone yet. My refurb PS3 is the first non-Nintendo console I've owned.

Any other PS3 owners split? Or anyone else thinking about waiting a while to let the consoles get debugged?
I plan on waiting but it will be a PS4 when the time comes.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Have you fully reset it? I had the issue after a power outage during an install previously.

I've tried the reset, but didnt do rebuild or restore. I'll try it and hopefully it works.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
this. there's no chance i'll bother with an xb, unless the game landscape changes dramatically (or sony somehow ends up with an rrod-like issue). i hate the kinect crap, and the console itself is fairly underpowered.
I hate to say it but I think I am going to sound like an Apple fanboy here. I think if I had to choose I would go with the Xbox. The hardware is underpowered and there are a myriad of other issues but the online experience is so much better on the Xbox.

I have 2 or 3 PS3 games right now that I enjoy playing online but the community just sucks. Either there isn't enough players, or the matchmaking sucks or there is just no group chat (which sucks when you live hundreds of miles from your friends).

I am obviously going to wait a while but I think my PC will be my hardcore machine and the Xbox will be a bit more casual.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I hate to say it but I think I am going to sound like an Apple fanboy here. I think if I had to choose I would go with the Xbox. The hardware is underpowered and there are a myriad of other issues but the online experience is so much better on the Xbox.

I have 2 or 3 PS3 games right now that I enjoy playing online but the community just sucks. Either there isn't enough players, or the matchmaking sucks or there is just no group chat (which sucks when you live hundreds of miles from your friends).

I am obviously going to wait a while but I think my PC will be my hardcore machine and the Xbox will be a bit more casual.
If online experience is an issue, I'd just wait and see what Sony has to offer. You can play all the XBOne games on PC anyway.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the PS4 will have cross game chat so that will be fixed and I can all but guarantee the PS4 will have a lot better online gameplay.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better than PS3 I am sure. Its just across the board will it.

I am going to wait to see which one really turns out the better community... and which one more of my friends go with.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post

I'm gonna get a ps4 no doubt but i'm gonna wait a few months for a combo of more games,less buggy, price/free game etc.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I'm gonna get a ps4 no doubt but i'm gonna wait a few months for a combo of more games,less buggy, price/free game etc.
I'm getting BF4 and Watch Dogs. that alone will keep me occupied for months.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post

I greatly prefer playing single player games so it doesn't really effect me.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PS4. XBone seems like a disaster and I'm used to the PS controller. I've never been able to get used to the XB controller even though size-wise it fits my hands better.

I'm trying to decide if I should pre-order it so I can sell it for $600 on eBay when they run out of consoles during the initial launch.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
PS4. XBone seems like a disaster and I'm used to the PS controller. I've never been able to get used to the XB controller even though size-wise it fits my hands better.

I'm trying to decide if I should pre-order it so I can sell it for $600 on eBay when they run out of consoles during the initial launch.
Just in time for panicky moms at Christmas.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I greatly prefer playing single player games so it doesn't really effect me.
Well I bought Injustice and SSX so my girlfriend and I could play but she gets board easy but I still enjoy the games. So I like to play online but its incredibly hard to find a match on Injustice and I find it hard to believe that I am in the top ohhh 5-10 SSX players in the world cause thats where I continue to score.

As for games like NCAA, I like talking to my buddy while we play our separate games in our online dynasty.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

gamestop stopped taking pre orders.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Grand Theft Auto 5 Gameplay Footage Dropping, Er, Tomorrow

Quote:
That Grand Theft Auto V gameplay footage that Rockstar Games recently teased isnt far away in fact, its probably being uploaded to a secure server as we type. The publisher that simply cant stand to do things the conventional way has confirmed that well get our first proper look at the open world excursion tomorrow at 10AM EDT/15:00PM BST.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally picked up Last of Us today, aw yiss!

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks redonkulous

Old 07-09-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will marry that game.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Last of Us was way better than Bioshock Infinite in my opinion. Two of the better games I've played though.

I don't why I liked this part so much though,

Old 07-09-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will have GTA5's babies. Seems like the game they wanted to make with San Andreas but just couldn't on the PS2.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I will have GTA5's babies. Seems like the game they wanted to make with San Andreas but just couldn't on the PS2.
My first thought as well. Game looks audacious in scope but will be amazing if they managed to pull it off.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
The Last of Us was way better than Bioshock Infinite in my opinion. Two of the better games I've played though.

I don't why I liked this part so much though,

I'm the opposite, I thought Bioshock Infinite was way better. Both are really good games, but Bioshock Infinite was flawless, imo. There were too many times in Last of Us where the ******** AI just broke immersion for me.

Once instance really stands out, i was sneaking around and meant to throw a brick over a guy's head. Instead I accidentally hit him with a brick, it hit him like 10m directly in front of me. What does the guy do after he's stunned? Turns around and walks the other way, not even realizing what happened. I was playing on Hard ><

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ellie did get in my way more than Elizabeth
Old 07-09-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I will probably be getting GTA 5. I kinda wish one of the playable characters was a girl. I think it would be a nice change of pace.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was skeptical at first, but that video really impressed me.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote