Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-01-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washing down my plate of crackers, gouda, and summer sausage with a RuinTen and I'm in heaven. This beer is phenomenal.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Who doesn't finish a bomber in one go?
I had two other bombers, so it was nice that I could seal it, but I definitely didn't stop until I finished this one.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decided to go with several beers from the mixed six pack rack at my local craft beer store and a bomber. A pair of octoberfests which were likely out of date. A Cherry Hefe from Sam Adams which wasn't a few of black IPAs from Widmers and one more that wasn't good enough to recall at this time. The Bombe was a Rye IPA (Which FYI is going to be the new thing in IPAs as much as black IPAs were the thing last year) I will say this though as much as I go back and forth about east coast vs west coast brewers with njx East Coast Brewers can't make a good rye IPA (except Schmaltz and Dock Street) to save their business. I had this from Blue Point in Long Island.

It was OKAY but when I go ahead and choose a bomber I want it to be the highlight of my beer evening and this just wasn't. I really liked the aged 2011 Goose Island Brown that I found in the dark recesses of my basement in spite of the fact there was some sediment development. it was still the best thing I had tonight.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is good. Really, really good.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now here is a tasty beer.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-07-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
This is good. Really, really good.
That just sounds way too sweet.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Picked this up for tonight. Anyone had it?

Also, is Great Divide a decent brewery?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like a Lake Erie Monster. Great Lakes in general is pretty good, certainly not bad for something that's seemingly on tap at even the worst places, but that was a real good one when I had it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post

Picked this up for tonight. Anyone had it?

I've only had two from Great divide but the brewery is awesome. Never had great lakes cuz its not available here.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 07-09-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great Divide is excellent!!! Never had a bad brew from them even though I only have had like 4 or 5 different ones.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
They've yet to disappoint.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strayed away from my normal Sierra Nevada tonight. I know, *GASP*

See how this goes

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

The Lake Erie Monster is a pretty good one. I won't ever buy it again for the price though, I would have rather gotten 12 Torpedoes for the same price. It's pretty decent, all in all. I'll pick up a couple sixers of Divide next.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Strayed away from my normal Sierra Nevada tonight. I know, *GASP*

See how this goes

That is better than SN, but try the other Rogue offerings next time. Dead Guy is fine, but is probably their weakest beer.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Hey guys did you remember when I said that there were no good East coast Rye IPAs (except for Schmaltz and Dock Street) well I was wrong...ish add to that list Founders (which isn't coastal but meh) their red rye IPA is the best I've had that includes your damn west coasters NJX! I also had Sierra Navada's Harvest. Its good every year and cheap. So WIN!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:

Last edited by Brothgar : 07-09-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That is better than SN, but try the other Rogue offerings next time. Dead Guy is fine, but is probably their weakest beer.
I agree with the Canadian. All of Rogues other offerings by in large are better.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 07-09-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't call me Canadian! Especially not in the beer thread, dammit.

And, I am not at all surprised Founders knocked it out of the park. Great brewery. Brody has so many great beers right on his doorstep and doesn't even drink them.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't call me Canadian!
You're needed to defend Rush in the music thread. It's your civic duty.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

In all honesty, most of the best beers I've had lately have been from Michigan. Between Founders, Bells, Dark Horse, and New Holland, I've been loving the Michigan beer scene.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
In all honesty, most of the best beers I've had lately have been from Michigan. Between Founders, Bells, Dark Horse, and New Holland, I've been loving the Michigan beer scene.
In all honesty the only beers worth a damn come from the following states. Michigan, California, Washington, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont and Colorado. The other states and Canada might have one or two good brewers but by in large suck.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Obviously I'm a homer but I dig Minnesotan beers. There are a whole bunch of good breweries around here. We don't get a lot of the great breweries from the coast so I don't have the same perspective though.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

c'mon, Broth. Oregon has to be on your list.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
c'mon, Broth. Oregon has to be on your list.
Yeah I'm a little drunk switch washington with oregon.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Delaware? Dogfish is the only worthwhile thing from that state.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
nothing good comes from vermont. unless that wasn't a subtle nod at magic hat, then i guess there's a chance. washington is solid, had some great cda's last year. i just don't think rye ipa's are any good. i've tried so many times. rye is just not my favorite flavor profile. sierra nevada still has about as much place in this thread as pbr and lonestar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No Delaware? Dogfish is the only worthwhile thing from that state.
I don't like Magic Hat but there are some good breweries in Vermont. Sierraa Nevada is a decent brewery there are one or two beers I can enjoy from them.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: