Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-06-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Of what variety? Who could be moved?
Perron, Stewart and Halak are the names being thrown around most. And I've heard Oshie and Berglund mentioned.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have loved Stewart for the Red Wings. Too bad we're against the cap currently because it could have happened now that they're in different conferences.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd have loved Stewart for the Red Wings. Too bad we're against the cap currently because it could have happened now that they're in different conferences.
Oh yeah I keep forgetting about the realignment. That's gonna be weird.

Stewart is a monster 50% of the season. Rest of the season he's a lazy piece of ****. Same with Perron. I just hope they don't trade Oshie.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really did not expect us to bring in another defenseman, but Henrik ******* Tallinder! Man, he was a bust for the Devils.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why haven't Philly given us Coburn for Wilson, Martin/Pickard/Aitto and a 2nd round pick yet? Bastards. It's like they're going to manage to wiggle out of their own **** again without the avs getting to rip them off.

Oh well, hopefully Roy and Sakic are calling around to see how good of Lefty D we can get for Wilson, our 1st or 2nd round pick and some combination of Pickard/Martin/Aitto, Elliott/Barrie and Hishon/Sgar/McGinn.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rangers locked up McDonagh for 6 years. Very smart. Second best USA defenseman in the league?

Rangers don't have a lot of people signed past this coming season, and one of those that is is likely a buyout candidate. Lundqvist won't go anywhere or require much of a raise, but before this it was literally just Nash, Richards, Dorsett, and an unsure Marc Staal.

What does this all mean? Offer sheet Stepan!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Hockey Prospectus organizational rankings:

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1553

Discuss ...
Old 07-08-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like where it has the Sabres ranked. I feel like if we successfully tank this season (which it looks like we're going to do), then I could see us moving up to #1 or 2. We've got our first rounder, plus three 2nds. And if we move Miller/Vanek/Stafford? Well, we'll be able to get a good haul in the 2014 draft and beyond

Edit: this is my 7000th post. Hooray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm, why are Gustav Nyquist and Danny DeKeyser listed? When I think of prospects, I think of Tatar, Sheahan, Jarnkrok, Jurco, Frk, etc. Those 2 have spots on the team already.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the listed Zucker as a prospect as well. Confusing.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Brett Hull retweeting Jessica Weekley nudes. Everything about the man is great outside of that one ******* moment.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Hm, why are Gustav Nyquist and Danny DeKeyser listed? When I think of prospects, I think of Tatar, Sheahan, Jarnkrok, Jurco, Frk, etc. Those 2 have spots on the team already.
DeKeyser would technically be a prospect with a dozen games played, but Nyquist shouldn't be really.

No mention of Mrazek in that blurb, which is dumb. He's their best one.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Burmistrov to the KHL :/
Old 07-09-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Burmistrov to the KHL :/
He got rushed to NHL. And then his defensive ability made him a full-time bottom 6 forward, which doesn't help his offensive development.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I don't disagree with any of that. Just hate to see him leave and not have a better chance to develop in front of mis ojos.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

This is a really interesting article:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...-soon-nhl-team
Old 07-10-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

David Perron dealt to Edmonton, reportedly.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

And here's another really interesting hockey link:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9466815/2013-nhl-offseason-overpaying-free-agents-okay
Old 07-10-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this bad?

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
David Perron dealt to Edmonton, reportedly.
For Magnus Paajarvi and a 2nd round pick. What does everyone think?
Old 07-10-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
i think it's a good haul, the blues were able to shed salary while giving a second chance to a top 10 pick with skill plus a 2nd. not bad.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8 years/56 mil for Rask. Highest paid goalie in the league, but you knew it was coming and he deserves to get paid. That's a big number but I'm glad we locked him up.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Took my brother to the prospect camp and immediately regretted being around Sabre fans. "Yeah, Miller needs to go. His wife wants to be in California and San Jose needs a goalie so just do that. Try to get more than Thornton, though, he's old."

Anyway, Grigorenko and Makarov are awesome so go Russia. Also, Justin Bailey is going to be sooo good and I could not be happier that we got him.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Paajarvi still has a good deal of potential, though I'm not sure if I would have viewed St. Louis as the best spot for him. I can't see his minutes improving too much. Is St. Louis going to value him more than Tarasenko or Schwartz? Edmonton is yet to prove they can not be terrible so getting a 2nd from them is good stuff.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is this bad?
Why is he standing on the logo?
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote