Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-12-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i also have AD right now. along with big ben, brandon marshall, and harvin as my other keepers. in the off chance the guy drops romo or stafford i am going to jump on this trade right away. romo/stafford, ad, bush, harvin, marshall, ben would be a dynamite lineup for this league
I'd have to think he'd drop Romo, unless you start 2 QBs. Either way, with Peterson leading the charge, I'd be happy with Bush and Ridley paired up as the RB2 / injury insurance / trade bait.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'd have to think he'd drop Romo, unless you start 2 QBs. Either way, with Peterson leading the charge, I'd be happy with Bush and Ridley paired up as the RB2 / injury insurance / trade bait.
Yeah we can start 2 qbs. If stafford or romo got dropped theyd be #1 overall for almost any team
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In that case, I see no real reason not to take it. That's a damn good return. Beastmode is elite but you can turn him into 2 excellent players that are tier 2, at worst. I can understand keeping him if you're holding out for that QB, though. 4ppg is nothing to sneeze at, either.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
In that case, I see no real reason not to take it. That's a damn good return. Beastmode is elite but you can turn him into 2 excellent players that are tier 2, at worst. I can understand keeping him if you're holding out for that QB, though. 4ppg is nothing to sneeze at, either.
but are my concerns legitimate or do i seem to want to trade away a top 3-5 fantasy rb just because the return might be good? in any event i'd have to wait until the keeper deadline to pass to make a deal because i need to be sure this other guy doesn't unload ridley to another team for a pick pre-draft.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Just posted today on roto, actually. His trial is set to start dec27 which isweek 17. Lol. He will be suspended, but it doesnt look like you need to worry about it.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

i'm looking to gather interest on a 12-16 player (pref. 16 because it's more challenging) keeper league. if you are interested PM me and i can send you details. scoring would be .5 ppr, +1 for 40-50 yd tds, +2 for 50+ yd tds; otherwise standard. roster format would be qb/rb/flex1/wr/wr/te/flex2/dst/k (flex 1 is rb/wr, flex 2 is qb/rb/wr/te)
Old 07-14-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Wilson for Torrey Smith

Standard league, no PPR. No returns pts. Who's getting the better deal?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
David Wilson for Torrey Smith

Standard league, no PPR. No returns pts. Who's getting the better deal?
david wilson in a straight-up scenario. non-ppr never helps in a rb vs wr trade. it all depends on how weak wilson's owner is at wr and how weak smith's owner is at rb.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the details:

List of WRs and RBs for the team that CURRENTLY HAS David Wilson
RB Matt Forte
RB Jamaal Charles
RB David Wilson
RB Mark Ingram
RB Daryl Richardson
WR AJ Green
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Chris Givens
WR TY Hilton
WR Stevie Johnson

RBs and WRs for team that CURRENTLY HAS Torrey Smith
RB Doug Martin
RB Chris Johnson
RB Lamar Miller
RB Giovanni Bernard
RB Bryce Brown
RB Bernard Pierce
WR Julio Jones
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Eric Decker
WR Torrey Smith
WR Mike Wallace
WR Kenny Britt

Start 2 WR, 2 RB and 1 flex
Old 07-15-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's the details:

List of WRs and RBs for the team that CURRENTLY HAS David Wilson
Wouldn't do it.

Wilson is much better insurance for a Charles/Forte injury and it's usually better to flex a RB anyway.
Quote:
RBs and WRs for team that CURRENTLY HAS Torrey Smith
Would do it.

Jones is a must start every week and Nelson might be too this year. Plus there's good depth with Wallace and Decker, and again flex the RB.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I think the deal is a good one as far as value goes. Maybe the team getting Torrey could push for a draft pick.

I'd rather have the RB in non-ppr just about every time. I think Wilson is over priced based on how well Andre Brown played, though. I think Brown is a stud sleeper based on his adp.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

There is no draft pick trades in this league, just player for player, or player for 2 player etc.

I'm the team receiving David Wilson and felt like I was getting a better deal as well. Smith was nothing more to me than a bye week replacement, or maybe a flex if he proved consistent and with big points on a weekly basis, but that's pushing it. I expect Decker and Wallace to have similar seasons so I'm really not even downgrading any position that's actually going to start.

In the process, David Wilson is a tad bit of a question mark since we don't know exactly how much time Andre Brown will eat up. However, Wilson should at the minimum be a viable bye week replacement/spot flex player. He also provides depth at a position where injuries can happen very quick. If CJ struggles, or if Miller has any injuries I shouldn't lose much production as I was risked to lose before the trade. Getting a 4th back was somewhat important for me as I don't know what to think of the other ones on the roster yet. By comparsion, Smith was my 9th round selection and Wilson was his 6th.

Last season I took a chance on a RB coming off ACL surgery in the late 3rd round (AP). I ended up trading him before the season (remember he was a big question mark) for what turned out to be Brandon Marshall and Steven Jackson. With that trade I was able to trade Reggie Bush and Pierre Garcon for Jamaal Charles. So I ended up with Aaron Rogers, Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, Steven Ridley, Shonn Greene, Mikel LeShoure, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall and Antonio Gates. The hardest thing was deciding who to start each week! In the end I ended up as league champ. I just hope this season is as good as last.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Other trades that have been accepted in my league are:

QB Andy Dalton
RB Arian Foster
WR Percy Harvin

QB RG3
RB Le'Veon Bell
WR Brandon Marshall

*The guy getting RG3 already has Kaep. It seems to me he is greatly downgrading his team since the QB likely isn't needed.

Also, I was just offered:

I get: Steven Jackson

For: Lamar Miller and Bryce Brown

*Jackson seems like a guarantee for around 10 tds and 1400 yards. Miller and Brown are both full of potential, my projections for Miller are around 1300 total yards and 6 tds. So to me there's an upgrade there. Factor in Millers possible injury concerns and the fact that I would likely have to cut Brown (I have no K or D on my current roster). This IS NOT a keeper league or I wouldn't do the trade, but I am seriously considering accepting it under the circumstances
Old 07-15-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

And some idiot just accepted an AP for Benjavus Green-Ellis.

I emailed the other people in the league to try to get it vetoed

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 07-15-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Also, I was just offered:

I get: Steven Jackson

For: Lamar Miller and Bryce Brown

*Jackson seems like a guarantee for around 10 tds and 1400 yards. Miller and Brown are both full of potential, my projections for Miller are around 1300 total yards and 6 tds. So to me there's an upgrade there. Factor in Millers possible injury concerns and the fact that I would likely have to cut Brown (I have no K or D on my current roster). This IS NOT a keeper league or I wouldn't do the trade, but I am seriously considering accepting it under the circumstances
accept this now.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
accept this now.
I thought so too.

Just accepted it, should be processed thursday.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought so too.

Just accepted it, should be processed thursday.
No brainer move
Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm hoping to throw someone in with Jackson and get a better RB, but will be more than happy to keep S-Jax in his RB2/Flex spot
Old 07-15-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm late but I wouldn't have done that.

In Kelly's offense I think Brown will have standalone value and if anything happens to McCoy he's a top 15 player. And I like Miller more than SJax although I need TC to reaffirm that projection. But if I was pressed at this moment, I'd rather have the two of them than SJax.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Got yet another offer

I would get: TE Jimmy Graham

They would get: TE Antonio Gates
WR Mike Wallace

I'm thinking I need to accept this before they cancel the offer, thoughts?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I know I'm late but I wouldn't have done that.

In Kelly's offense I think Brown will have standalone value and if anything happens to McCoy he's a top 15 player. And I like Miller more than SJax although I need TC to reaffirm that projection. But if I was pressed at this moment, I'd rather have the two of them than SJax.
I disagree. I think S-Jax is a guarantee for the stats I stated earlier. He's nearly a lock for 10 tds and 1400 or more total yards. Miller is still a question mark.

Also, as stated, I would likely have had to cut Brown to make room for a K or Defense as I currently don't have either on the roster. The extra roster spot was a huge factor in the decision. I took Brown just in case something happened to McCoy, and could have kept him until the season started to make sure something did't happen to McCoy but I think this was good value
Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the league's that shallow then I guess. I don't even understand leagues that shallow.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
If the league's that shallow then I guess. I don't even understand leagues that shallow.
Is it really that bad? I mean they offered it to me. It's their 4th rounder for my 8th and 10th.

By comparison it'd be like Ryan Mathews and Wes Welker for Reggie Bush OR Dwayne Bowe.

Is it just skewed because he's easily the #1 TE or is it really that bad?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

What are you asking?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I was referring to you thinking the trade (TE Jimmy Graham for TE Antonio Gates and WR Mike Wallace) was shallow, but I may have misunderstood what you were referring to