Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
They won't get a 1st rounder for turner if that's what you're implying.
What? They absolutely would. Would it be a perennial bottom dwellers 1st? No. But they would absolutely get a first for Turner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you morons talking about the 76ers when Baron Davis got abducted by aliens?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Are you morons talking about the 76ers when Baron Davis got abducted by aliens?
You don't know what happened out there.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
What? They absolutely would. Would it be a perennial bottom dwellers 1st? No. But they would absolutely get a first for Turner
No. They absolutely won't. Bucks held out for over a month and practically begged to get any 1st rounder for Redick and couldn't. Redick > Turner. There is a difference between RFA and UFA, I guess, but the "privilege" of matching an over-inflated offer sheet for Turner is not exactly sweetening the deal.

Therefore, no 1st rounder for the Sixers. Teams are way over-valuing picks due to the new CBA.

Last edited by Rob S : 07-13-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
It's the worst roster in the league but they're in a great spot moving forward. Nerlens, a top 3 pick in an awesome draft and ton of cap room going into 2014. All they need to do this year is get Nerlens healthy and try not to win more games than they should.
The Pelicans pick should be top 10 too right? Wiggins, a healthy Noel in 2014, another top 10 rookie, and 1 key FA signing and they could look like a team on the rise next year.

I really like how the Suns are structured now though. Dragic and Bledsoe in the back court, Len at center, and they are in prime position for a top 5 pick also. If they can keep the young guys they have now, they'll be looking pretty good in a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
The Pelicans pick should be top 10 too right? Wiggins, a healthy Noel in 2014, another top 10 rookie, and 1 key FA signing and they could look like a team on the rise next year.

I really like how the Suns are structured now though. Dragic and Bledsoe in the back court, Len at center, and they are in prime position for a top 5 pick also. If they can keep the young guys they have now, they'll be looking pretty good in a few years.
I doubt the Pellies picks is top 10 so long as they can stay reasonably healthy. They will be terrible defensively, but their offense should be able to carry them to playoff contention.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I doubt the Pellies picks is top 10 so long as they can stay reasonably healthy. They will be terrible defensively, but their offense should be able to carry them to playoff contention.
Not sure about the playoffs. a lot of west teams are still in good shape. thunder, spurs, nuggets, clips, grizz, warriors, rockets arent going anywhere. theres pretty much one spot that will be contested for by the lakers (if healthy), wolves (again,if healthy) pelicans, and mavs. the real fight will be to land outside that top 10 (5?) protection
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Not sure about the playoffs. a lot of west teams are still in good shape. thunder, spurs, nuggets, clips, grizz, warriors, rockets arent going anywhere. theres pretty much one spot that will be contested for by the lakers (if healthy), wolves (again,if healthy) pelicans, and mavs. the real fight will be to land outside that top 10 (5?) protection
Yeah. The West is crazy stacked. Still though, the lotto is weighted by overall record, so the putrid teams in the East will likely dominate the top 10. Even if they do sneak into the Top 10, it will be in the 9-10 range and at that point it isn't much better than just having a lotto pick.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. They absolutely won't. Bucks held out for over a month and practically begged to get any 1st rounder for Redick and couldn't. Redick > Turner. There is a difference between RFA and UFA, I guess, but the "privilege" of matching an over-inflated offer sheet for Turner is not exactly sweetening the deal.

Therefore, no 1st rounder for the Sixers. Teams are way over-valuing picks due to the new CBA.
I'd argue the potential of Turner reaching his potential is more valuable than Redick, and we all know how the league loves potential. I could see a contender shipping a first rounder for Turner. I don't think him being an UFA really matters all that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'd argue the potential of Turner reaching his potential is more valuable than Redick, and we all know how the league loves potential. I could see a contender shipping a first rounder for Turner. I don't think him being an UFA really matters all that much.
If the league loved potential Thomas Robinson would have been traded.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is choosing your jersey number based on the number of teams that passed on you in the draft the most cliche corny yadda yadda thing that NBA players do?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the 76ers will be the 8 seed in the east. There is no reason for thinking this cuz they are awful, but the Heat get their pick if they are not in the lottery....so for now here is the east will go....

1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Nets
4. Pacers
5. Knicks
Um this is where it gets funky.....
6. Celtics
7. Magic (they are my "surprise" team, huge fan of the Dipo)
8. 76ers for the reason I just stated.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland should be able to make the Playoffs if everyone is healthy.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the New Orleans defense should be pretty solid, actually. They can protect the rim pretty well, so as long as they're average with their perimeter defense, they'll be fine.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need to see more than one outing here in Vegas but i'm going to be interested in everyone's opinion on Olynyk vs. Zeller. It's a small sample size but early impressions are that those two picks could have been switched on draft night.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think the New Orleans defense should be pretty solid, actually. They can protect the rim pretty well, so as long as they're average with their perimeter defense, they'll be fine.
Anthony Davis can protect the rim but beyond him you have anderson (yikes) and i guess withey who is so limited offensively he might have a hard time seeing game time. Edit: they did add stiemsma but seems redundant with withey

Last edited by sbh15 : 07-13-2013 at 11:28 AM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ben McLemore world domination tour starts today at 5pm central for anyone that is interested in having their mind blown.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think you're insane. Anthony Davis was a minus defender last year. Ryan Anderson sucks. The Anthony Davis-Anderson combo was amongst the worst in the NBA defensively, actually. Reke has the potential to be good, but has been a minus because he never cares. J'rue is solid.

Their defense will suck hard.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davis will be a good defender, shut up Rob. Go ignore Baron Davis being abducted by aliens some more.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Davis will be a good defender, shut up Rob. Go ignore Baron Davis being abducted by aliens some more.
Will be, absolutely. Once he learns the intricacies of NBA defense stops being one of the worst pnr defending bigs in the league.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The Ben McLemore world domination tour starts today at 5pm central for anyone that is interested in having their mind blown.
Actually saw Robert Plant, formerly of Led Zeppelin, put on quite a show last saturday at that exact time. I'm sure that will be nothing compared to McLemore's debut.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Good luck to BMac!

Not a big fan but I think the Kings have suffered enough. Time for them to cash in on the draft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so sexy

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote