Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-12-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really is going to be yogurt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't tease me bro. I don't want to get let down.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Total Defense Rank

..........Pitts..................NYG
------------------------------[Fewell]
-----------------------------[Sheridan]
----------------------------[Spags]
...........................................[Tim Lewis]

Total Offense Rank

..........Pitts..................NYG

...........................................[Huffangel]
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
WILL: Jacquan Williams
MIKE: Dan Connor
SAM: Keith Rivers

Lots of rotations. We're still going to play a lot of 3 S looks as well. I'm still not concerned about LB as I don't think that's really the problem with the D.
this is the ideal lineup for our LB corps. I hope Aaron Curry pans out, but i bet we go with Connor, who is more of a Giants type of guy (although i hope his arrest was a misunderstanding).

I love Rivers and Williams. I hope they can both stay healthy though. They are extremely fast and together, have enormous potential as a unit

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Who's our starting linebackers this year? Anyone wanna take a guess?

I'm gonna go with:

SAM: Aaron Curry

Bc Coughlin is going to play his veterans. If it's not that lineup I can see:

SAM: Spencer Paysinger

Ideally I'd want in a perfect world for Curry to pan out and have the lineup of:

MIKE: Aaron Curry

I can't be sold on Herzlich. I want to be a fan, but I can't buy into a guy who has a metal rod in his leg. Just can't do it.
Man you're really hard on us leg-rod-havers. I don't think that'll be why Herz fails I think it'll be because I just don't think he'll ever regain the athleticism he lost. Just not a level I think he can get back to and even if he do he'll still need to bulk up while keeping that re-found athleticism.

Anyway J-Will should step up if he can stay healthy. Hopefully between Connor, Rivers, Curry and Paysinger we can give him enough support behind those big DTs, but it's on J-Will to stay healthy and do what he can do.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never realized how many times the Steelers D was top 10! Geez, Ben should have a lot more SB wins based on that. I wish we had a top 10 defense, specifically # 1 that many times. We would be in excellent shape if we had a defense like that

I am pleased that Eli and our offense has been top 10 so many times. Hopefully our defense can make it back to mid rank this upcoming season.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I am not too worried about Nicks.

The front office will work on a new deal. If that can't be sorted we will likely franchise him so bsrring s Harvin style trade he will almost certainly be here next season.

There are a couple of factors that impact here. Eli gets the most out if hus receivers, new york offers the best options for off field income and Nicks has to prove he can stay healthy.

In fact while our offence is much better with Nicks there is pressure on him. If he should miss time we have Randle and Murphy ready to step in. I can see them both improving substantially this year.
Quote:
Who's our starting linebackers this year? Anyone wanna take a guess?

I'm gonna go with:

SAM: Aaron Curry

Bc Coughlin is going to play his veterans. If it's not that lineup I can see:

Ideally I'd want in a perfect world for Curry to pan out and have the lineup of:

MIKE: Aaron Curry

I can't be sold on Herzlich. I want to be a fan, but I can't buy into a guy who has a metal rod in his leg. Just can't do it.
At this early stage I think Paysinger is the front runner at Will. Williams needs to prove he us healthy then beat iut Paysinger.
It could end up being close between Connor and Herzlich. At thus stage I think Rivers and Curry are being looked ay as Sam, but either could end up insudr too.

I really like this unit there is a lot of ability but we do need to stay healthy.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I never realized how many times the Steelers D was top 10! Geez, Ben should have a lot more SB wins based on that. I wish we had a top 10 defense, specifically # 1 that many times. We would be in excellent shape if we had a defense like that

I am pleased that Eli and our offense has been top 10 so many times. Hopefully our defense can make it back to mid rank this upcoming season.
I do really like the Steelers defence and they do it with good solid physical no nonense defence.

When Coughlin first came in I think we wanted to eventually transition to a Steelers type of defence, thats one of the reasons we hired Tim Lewis. The guy I really wanted was Dick LeBeau, he was coming off one year as a defensive assistant under Greg Williams in Buffalo after being fired as the Bengals head coach. I think he would have been a great fit under Coughlin; he had experience with the 3-4 in Pittsburgh and with the 4-3 in Cincinnati.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Perry. Fewell.
I am not entirely sure that Fewell is entirely to blame.

Fans really didn't like Gilbride for many years, but really he is a very very good coach and we have one of the best offenses in football.

I am not saying Fewell is in that class, but I think he unfairly cops more than his share of the blame (but hey thats football). I think the biggest problems has been a lack of talent/depth at DT, average play by linebackers, injuries (many of which we didn't know about), a shorter than usual offseason and the players (for whatever reason) not executing the plays as intented.

We have fixed the depth issues as much as we can. We have more talent at LB (and the young talent we have is developing), our players are much healthier and we have experienced players on the bench, who will help push the starters and reduce the drop off when others rotate in (as they inevitably have to).

While I don't expect our defence to be anything special, I do think we can expect it to be solid but not spectacular.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perry Fewell doesn't play to his team's strengths, is terrible at drawing up blitzes, and runs an overly complex zone defense.

He sucks.

And when he doesn't know what to do, it's just a bunch of Cover 2. I'm just not a fan of his style at all.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I do really like the Steelers defence and they do it with good solid physical no nonense defence.

When Coughlin first came in I think we wanted to eventually transition to a Steelers type of defence, thats one of the reasons we hired Tim Lewis. The guy I really wanted was Dick LeBeau, he was coming off one year as a defensive assistant under Greg Williams in Buffalo after being fired as the Bengals head coach. I think he would have been a great fit under Coughlin; he had experience with the 3-4 in Pittsburgh and with the 4-3 in Cincinnati.
DL is my all time favorite HC. People like to tout Mike T. as a HC for the Steelers but his best coaching move was keeping DL on board from the Bill Cowher regime.

But just look at how their defense is ranked year after year! It's flat out amazing! Can you imagine how far we could have gotten with a defense ranked like that?

No more up and down seasons marred by inconsistent defenses. No more musical defensive coordinators anymore! I am actually surprised Big Ben hasn't won 3-4 SBs with a defense like that.

Eli and our offense is consistently ranked high year in and year out. Our defense is the inconsistent one.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone plan on going to camp this year at the Timex Center? If so it would be cool if we all maybe met up one day for a practice.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-18-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

When does camp start?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
DL is my all time favorite HC. People like to tout Mike T. as a HC for the Steelers but his best coaching move was keeping DL on board from the Bill Cowher regime.

But just look at how their defense is ranked year after year! It's flat out amazing! Can you imagine how far we could have gotten with a defense ranked like that?

No more up and down seasons marred by inconsistent defenses. No more musical defensive coordinators anymore! I am actually surprised Big Ben hasn't won 3-4 SBs with a defense like that.

Eli and our offense is consistently ranked high year in and year out. Our defense is the inconsistent one.
Rex Ryan is the best defensive mind in the game in my eyes. His style of defense is pretty much what I wish the Giants ran. I believe in pretty much the same philosophy as him.

When he gets fired from the Jets, I'd love for him to become our DC.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Rex Ryan is the best defensive mind in the game in my eyes. His style of defense is pretty much what I wish the Giants ran. I believe in pretty much the same philosophy as him.

When he gets fired from the Jets, I'd love for him to become our DC.

My all time favorite DC is D. L. for Pittsburgh. The guy is the legend! Mara and Reese would never hire him. And if TC does the hiring he won't do it which is sad in my opinion.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
My all time favorite DC is D. L. for Pittsburgh. The guy is the legend! Mara and Reese would never hire him. And if TC does the hiring he won't do it which is sad in my opinion.
I love LeBeau too but my only problem with him is he's mostly a zone coverage guy. I prefer a man heavy scheme. Ryan is basically a man coverage version of LeBeau.

Ryan is a better blitzer too. More multiple in his fronts as well.

Buddy Ryan, Bill Bellichick, Bill Parcells, Tom Landry, Al Davis those are probably my top 5 defensive minds of all time.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
When does camp start?
Day Date Time Activity
Saturday July 27 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Sunday July 28 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice/Autograph Day
Monday July 29 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Tuesday July 30 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Wednesday July 31 No Practice
Thursday Aug 1 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Friday Aug 2 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Saturday Aug 3 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Sunday Aug 4 Closed to Public
Monday Aug 5 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Tuesday Aug 6 No Practice
Wednesday Aug 7 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Thursday Aug 8 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Friday Aug 9 No Practice
Saturday Aug 10 Giants at Steelers Preseason Game
Sunday Aug 11 No Practice
Monday Aug 12 No Practice
Tuesday Aug 13 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Wednesday Aug 14 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Thursday Aug 15 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Friday Aug 16 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice
Saturday Aug 17 No Practice
Sunday Aug 18 Giants vs. Colts Preseason Game
Monday Aug 19 No Practice
Tuesday Aug 20 3:25-5:25 p.m Practice
Wednesday Aug 21 1:30-3:45 p.m Practice (Fan Access Concludes)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-18-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I love LeBeau too but my only problem with him is he's mostly a zone coverage guy. I prefer a man heavy scheme. Ryan is basically a man coverage version of LeBeau.

Ryan is a better blitzer too. More multiple in his fronts as well.

Buddy Ryan, Bill Bellichick, Bill Parcells, Tom Landry, Al Davis those are probably my top 5 defensive minds of all time.

Yeah but his team wins SB. That's the name of the game. Cow her didn't do much until Dick L. came back. Then Mike T. kept DL and surprise , surprise he wins a SB. And they have been top 10 defense since Ben and Eli came into the league. That is flat our amazing!

Look at our god awful total defensive rankings. We are the polar opposite. I don't care what DL plays personally. He is a legend who is very successful in doing so!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah but his team wins SB. That's the name of the game. Cow her didn't do much until Dick L. came back. Then Mike T. kept DL and surprise , surprise he wins a SB. And they have been top 10 defense since Ben and Eli came into the league. That is flat our amazing!

Look at our god awful total defensive rankings. We are the polar opposite. I don't care what DL plays personally. He is a legend who is very successful in doing so!
Completely irrelevant. Cowher won the SB bc of Ben Roethlisberger. Cowher's defenses have always been top 10, even before LeBeau got there. Capers was just as good as LeBeau if not better. It wasn't LeBeau who put them over the top, it was Roethlisberger.

In fact, LeBeau's defenses actually did not play well in any of the 3 SBs they played in during this decade.

You can't use the SB to justify LeBeau bc LeBeau was outcoached in the past 3 SBs he coordinated in.

And Rex was part of a SB team as well. LeBeau is a great DC, but there are other guys who are just as good. And in today's game, I think there are guys better than LeBeau. Rex being one of them.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah... that's totally why Cowher won that Super Bowl. Big Ben.

Cowher didn't even win that ******* ******** **** **** **** **** of a game because of his players!
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Yeah... that's totally why Cowher won that Super Bowl. Big Ben.

Cowher didn't even win that ******* ******** **** **** **** **** of a game because of his players!
He got there bc of Big Ben. Won bc of the refs. Happy now?

My point is, LeBeau did not call a good game in any of the 3 SBs he coached in this past decade. I wouldn't say he's the reason why the Steelers won 2 and went to 3 Super Bowls.

Ben is the reason for that.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like Mundy has a leg up on the 3rd S spot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wouldn't read too much into anything right now. The roster will sort itself in camp and preseason.

I still think Will Hill emerges as a starter at the end of preseason. At least I'm hoping so.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Completely irrelevant. Cowher won the SB bc of Ben Roethlisberger. Cowher's defenses have always been top 10, even before LeBeau got there. Capers was just as good as LeBeau if not better. It wasn't LeBeau who put them over the top, it was Roethlisberger.

In fact, LeBeau's defenses actually did not play well in any of the 3 SBs they played in during this decade.

You can't use the SB to justify LeBeau bc LeBeau was outcoached in the past 3 SBs he coordinated in.

And Rex was part of a SB team as well. LeBeau is a great DC, but there are other guys who are just as good. And in today's game, I think there are guys better than LeBeau. Rex being one of them.

Nope. He won because he finally got a great DC. Before that he had.. wait for it.. wait for it.. Tim Lewis! In fact, I know this because I have tons of family there and follow the Steelers, the best match was Cowher, Whisenhunt and DL. Whisenhunt, who I had a man crush on changed the offense and helped protect Ben with limited what he had to do. The running game with the Bus was a driving factor.

Ben was just one part of the equation. DL was the catalyst. Everytime this man joins a squad they make the SB or win it. Cowher made the change in 1995 from Capers to DL. Guess what? Yeah.. SB appearance. He left for the Bengals and the big time drought occurred. Then, he came back in 2004, and Sb..Then he stayed on with Tomlin who was smart to keep him. Then guess what? Yeah.. SB win.. Again!!

So I am dead on when I say he is the driving factor of success. You get him as a DC, and all you get is SB and SB appearances with a top 10 overall defense every step of the way.

Now, are there other factors? Sure, Whisenhunt, Ben who helped, excellent running game! Oh, and I forgot the 3rd SB they got to with Dick L. So basically in summation you get what? 2 SB appearances, 1995, and the one they lost against GB. You have 2 SB wins, one with Cowher and 1 with Tomlin. 4 freaking Sb appearances! That's why he is a legend.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Nope. He won because he finally got a great DC. Before that he had.. wait for it.. wait for it.. Tim Lewis! In fact, I know this because I have tons of family there and follow the Steelers, the best match was Cowher, Whisenhunt and DL. Whisenhunt, who I had a man crush on changed the offense and helped protect Ben with limited what he had to do. The running game with the Bus was a driving factor.

Ben was just one part of the equation. DL was the catalyst. Everytime this man joins a squad they make the SB or win it. Cowher made the change in 1995 from Capers to DL. Guess what? Yeah.. SB appearance. He left for the Bengals and the big time drought occurred. Then, he came back in 2004, and Sb..Then he stayed on with Tomlin who was smart to keep him. Then guess what? Yeah.. SB win.. Again!!

So I am dead on when I say he is the driving factor of success. You get him as a DC, and all you get is SB and SB appearances with a top 10 overall defense every step of the way.

Now, are there other factors? Sure, Whisenhunt, Ben who helped, excellent running game! Oh, and I forgot the 3rd SB they got to with Dick L. So basically in summation you get what? 2 SB appearances, 1995, and the one they lost against GB. You have 2 SB wins, one with Cowher and 1 with Tomlin. 4 freaking Sb appearances! That's why he is a legend.
Thats just not accurate bro. He had Tim Lewis yes, but before Tim Lewis he had Dom Capers who was every bit the DC if not better than LeBeau. And he didn't win a SB with Capers either.

Cowher had great success but no SBs until he got a quarterback. That's pretty much it.

You can't give LeBeau credit for the SBs. That's not fair at all. LeBeau was also DC in Pittsburgh in the mid 90s and Cowher didn't win a SB then with him either.

He won a SB bc of Ben. Not LeBeau. Pittsburgh always had a great defense. Before LeBeu, and they will after.