Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 07-14-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well you can't argue that Byrd is wrong to want that. Wrongfully or not, safety has long been a position considered to be of lesser value, so I'm not too surprised to see us trying to avoid possibly making a guy the highest paid at his position. But I still think it is some **** if we are not making a serious effort to keep our best player. We've seen him change games. They already burned the positional importance card on Levitre, who was supposed to be the one let go in order to have money for Byrd. Letting both out of town is just IAC-fueling ********. I never discount the possibility of a guy just not wanting to be here, I know what we are. But ****, man.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't think this is all that big of a deal. Lots of guys play one year on the tag and then re-up. He will play this year and if he plays at the same level we are accustomed to, I'm sure he will get a very strong offer to remain in Buffalo. *in before iamcanadian blames ralph for global warming and the war in syria*
Old 07-15-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the chances he is moved for picks/players before he is able to leave Buffalo for nothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're in the middle of a Sabres rebuild, Rob. My confidence in Buffalo signings is at a trough. Just bear with me for the next 12-24 months.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
What are the chances he is moved for picks/players before he is able to leave Buffalo for nothing?
Probably won't happen. I guess we could tag him again next year and trade him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
We're in the middle of a Sabres rebuild, Rob. My confidence in Buffalo signings is at a trough. Just bear with me for the next 12-24 months.
I'll always bear with you, McGee.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:45 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I honestly don't think this is all that big of a deal. Lots of guys play one year on the tag and then re-up. He will play this year and if he plays at the same level we are accustomed to, I'm sure he will get a very strong offer to remain in Buffalo. *in before iamcanadian blames ralph for global warming and the war in syria*
Yes, but the whole "not even close" on an agreement is what sours players on a team. He has performed every year since his rookie season. Give the guy his money - many players play the year out and re-sign - but usually there is some sort of mutual agreement or negotiations.

They just let Levitre walk like it was nothing this past off-season. They better be a little bit more willing to talk with Byrd's representation.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Eh, I don't buy the getting "soured" on a team either. It's not like he is a 14 year vet hunting for a ring. It's not like he is making peanuts this year either. The only thing he cares about is that guaranteed money and if the Bills are willing to cough it up next summer, he will sign.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Byrd officially not reporting to camp, and he can't be fined since he never signed the Franchise tender. He'll likely report a week or 2 before the season starts.

Just not what we wanted with a new regime in place + defensive philosophy.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 07-27-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm not too worried. Byrd will step in and have a good season like usual.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob! They're showing the preseason game on the TV! Wanna get drunk and watch it?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Bills OC says Spiller is "getting the ball until he throws up".

Well....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 08-23-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Sounds like Aaron Williams is really thriving at SS and already locked up the job. I hope that means good things for our secondary even if we have a shaky #2 CB situation.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Too much Bills QB talk in the NFL forum. It's all pretty simple:

Bills rule.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Tuel rules!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

So we cut Crezdon Butler even though we projected him as Gilmore's replacement until he comes back.

Schweird.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 08-30-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys like Mike Pettine so far? I was intrigued by him as a potential DC of ours in the future.

How has he transitioned into the 4-3 scheme so far?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another 4-6 win season if we are lucky, another top 10 draft pick and on and on. Just another typical Buffalo season.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
So we cut Crezdon Butler even though we projected him as Gilmore's replacement until he comes back.

Schweird.
They're pretty much all the same to me. But it is a little odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
How do you guys like Mike Pettine so far? I was intrigued by him as a potential DC of ours in the future.

I don't believe we are predominantly running a four man front. Haven't seen a whole lot, though. Mario and Hughes have reportedly looked good as rush backers and Alonso is a versatile piece in the middle. Curious how he goes from working with great outside corners to the worst corners in the league (while Gilmore is out)
Old 08-30-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad to see Zebrie Sanders get cut, I had high hopes for him coming off the PUP. I think he's still PS eligible

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Our defense seems a lot more attacking which is exciting, and we have a solid front 7 for him to work with in terms of athleticism and speed. Unfortunately, we might have to scale back the attacking schemes with our CB play right now until Gilmore comes back. We can't leave any of our CB's on an island right now like we could with Gilmore.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 08-30-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I can't remember the last time the Bills blitzed. Pettine will at least do that.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

How true this is about Bills fans...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjkiebus/rea...ainful-than-ch

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 09-18-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I though it was strange how quiet his offseason was considering he was a rather popular figure last year, but that has continued into the regular season for Cordy Glenn. I feel like he has been quite good so far, a shame that he's playing next to the abomination that is Colin Brown.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Colin Brown is below average but Glenn is still holding his own out there so that shows last season wasn't a fluke. Everyone expects Buffalo to get a future LT at some point so we can kick Glenn over to the right side, but I'm starting to think it isn't necessary.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 09-18-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Colin Brown is below average but Glenn is still holding his own out there so that shows last season wasn't a fluke. Everyone expects Buffalo to get a future LT at some point so we can kick Glenn over to the right side, but I'm starting to think it isn't necessary.
I had my doubts before the season that he could play LT, but he has really looked good this year. Then again, we're only 2 games in. We definitely need an upgrade at LG, though. Other than that, I like our line thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote