Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Is it a good idea to switch up my routine and do one day heavy weights low reps then the next time light weights high reps?

Also is it a good idea to hold the final rep for 10 seconds on each set?
On the first part I do and have read from a bunch of fitness places it's a great idea. I also like to switch up between dumbell workouts, barbell workouts, and cable extensions. 1 week for bench I'll do bench, incline bench, and decline bench all really heavy with 4 sets of 5, and it'll usually be so heavy that after 3 reps it's extremely hard to do the last 2 by myself. Next week I'll do the same motions except with dumbells 3 sets of 10 with no barbells that week. Then when it comes back around the bench and everything I do lower weight higher reps and same thing on dumbells.

I just like to change it up to shock my muscles but since I'm a smaller guy I do more heavy weights low reps then anything. For your last point, I'm not sure. But I do love to add in supersets to close out a workout or go to failure. One great arm workout I got out of Flex Magazine maybe, was on Monday if you do a chest workout finish with bicep curls. Do 7 supersets of 10 with only a 30 second rest in between each set. The pump afterwards is amazing. On Tuesday, do the same 7 supersets of 10 except with tricep rope pull downs. Then rest arms Wed & Thur, then Friday go all out on your arms. The pump earlier in the week makes a huge difference and I've tried using that same concept with other parts of my body like calf raises.

As for my weight gain, I weighed in at 180 Sunday. Feeling pretty good since I was 155 in April. Back to my football size now, I really want to push for 200 by January 1 but I'm gonna have to put way more focus on my legs and probably add some Casein into my program with the Whey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
On the first part I do and have read from a bunch of fitness places it's a great idea. I also like to switch up between dumbell workouts, barbell workouts, and cable extensions. 1 week for bench I'll do bench, incline bench, and decline bench all really heavy with 4 sets of 5, and it'll usually be so heavy that after 3 reps it's extremely hard to do the last 2 by myself. Next week I'll do the same motions except with dumbells 3 sets of 10 with no barbells that week. Then when it comes back around the bench and everything I do lower weight higher reps and same thing on dumbells.

I just like to change it up to shock my muscles but since I'm a smaller guy I do more heavy weights low reps then anything. For your last point, I'm not sure. But I do love to add in supersets to close out a workout or go to failure. One great arm workout I got out of Flex Magazine maybe, was on Monday if you do a chest workout finish with bicep curls. Do 7 supersets of 10 with only a 30 second rest in between each set. The pump afterwards is amazing. On Tuesday, do the same 7 supersets of 10 except with tricep rope pull downs. Then rest arms Wed & Thur, then Friday go all out on your arms. The pump earlier in the week makes a huge difference and I've tried using that same concept with other parts of my body like calf raises.

As for my weight gain, I weighed in at 180 Sunday. Feeling pretty good since I was 155 in April. Back to my football size now, I really want to push for 200 by January 1 but I'm gonna have to put way more focus on my legs and probably add some Casein into my program with the Whey.
Wow that's a significant gain. I'm currently at 155 (5 10"). I started lifting a month ago, I was at a fat sloppy 167. Now I'm getting cut but I also lost weight and I'm at 155.

Ideally I want to be a lean 175. I'm not exactly sure what I need to do to get this since I'm new to the game. Only been lifting for a month and I'm learning as I go along. I changed my diet to low carb, high protein but I think I'm not eating enough and that's why I lost weight perhaps.

What diet changes did you make along with your lifting routine? Do you focus on your lower body as well? I do upper body one day, lower body the next, rest, repeat. I try to give each 2 days of rest, but bc my workout routine isn't consistent it fluctuates.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My leg day consists of:

3 sets of leg curls (machine)
3 sets of leg press (machine)
3 sets of hip abduction (machine)
3 sets of hip adduction (machine)
3 sets of calf raises (dumbbell)
3 sets of shoulder raises (dumbbell)
3 sets of forearm lifts (dumbbell)
3 sets of forearm lifts/opposite side (dumbbell)

For high rep day its the same routine but 12 reps.

For upper body:

3 sets bicep curls (dumbbell)
3 sets bench (machine/angle)
3 sets arm curls one outside in (machine or dumbbell)
3 sets of arm curls inside out (machine or dumbell)
3 sets of lower back extension (machine)
3 sets of upper back extension (machine)
3 sets of Abs (machine)

Same as legs, heavy day is 8 reps, light day is 12 or 10 reps.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get yourself some free weights. That routine is not very good. High on volume and light on useful exercises.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

So how should I change it up? I could use some direction, I'm kind of just learning as I go along and I'm sure I'm doing a lot of things wrong.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My leg day consists of:

3 sets of leg curls (machine)
3 sets of leg press (machine)
3 sets of hip abduction (machine)
3 sets of hip adduction (machine)
3 sets of calf raises (dumbbell)
3 sets of shoulder raises (dumbbell)
3 sets of forearm lifts (dumbbell)
3 sets of forearm lifts/opposite side (dumbbell)

For high rep day its the same routine but 12 reps.

For upper body:

3 sets bicep curls (dumbbell)
3 sets bench (machine/angle)
3 sets arm curls one outside in (machine or dumbbell)
3 sets of arm curls inside out (machine or dumbell)
3 sets of lower back extension (machine)
3 sets of upper back extension (machine)
3 sets of Abs (machine)

Same as legs, heavy day is 8 reps, light day is 12 or 10 reps.
A lot of that is bodybuilder type exercises. If I was working out with you I'd try o get you to incorporate more functional movements, such as squats, deadlifts, pushups, etc. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I want to do squats, but I'm afraid to. I have a slipped disc in my back (ended my floundering football days) and I'm afraid of tweaking it while squating.

Basically what I did was I hit up every machine they had, and tried to turn it into a workout. Then to work on my balancing muscles I used the movmeents of the machines with dumbbells one day and machine the other day.

I go heavy on the machines bc I feel it's safer to do my heavy sets on machines.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So how should I change it up? I could use some direction, I'm kind of just learning as I go along and I'm sure I'm doing a lot of things wrong.
I've answered this question in here a bunch, but I'd recommend either starting strength, Wendler's 5-3-1 or Bill Starr's 5x5. And going heavy on machines is way more dangerous due to the fixed path.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Also, way too much volume in your current routine. Going to the gym and hitting every machine they have is always a recipe for a bad routine.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow that's a significant gain. I'm currently at 155 (5 10"). I started lifting a month ago, I was at a fat sloppy 167. Now I'm getting cut but I also lost weight and I'm at 155.

Ideally I want to be a lean 175. I'm not exactly sure what I need to do to get this since I'm new to the game. Only been lifting for a month and I'm learning as I go along. I changed my diet to low carb, high protein but I think I'm not eating enough and that's why I lost weight perhaps.

What diet changes did you make along with your lifting routine? Do you focus on your lower body as well? I do upper body one day, lower body the next, rest, repeat. I try to give each 2 days of rest, but bc my workout routine isn't consistent it fluctuates.

It all depends on where your "regular" weight is. When I was 155, that was on a terrible lazy man diet. Not eating breakfast because I was always rushing to work and drinking coffee zapped my appetite, wouldn't eat lunch to save money, get home drink a beer, by 6pm I haven't eaten a thing all day so I order a pizza because it was the fastest thing to do. It would have been a different weight if I was 155 and eating a few times a day but I was way underweight.

Now I drink a serving of whey protein with whole milk at 6am when I get up, eat breakfast at work by 8am which is typically a 2 meat omellette with a side of potatos, lunch at noon which varies but I eat a salad b4 hand then some sort of meat, with veggies. Another serving of protein at 2pm, head home in a few hours and I'll eat a turkey sandwich with a protein shake at 5, workout at 6, then eat a huge dinner at 8 making sure I have a salad, veggies, and some sort of chicken or meat.

My main thing that helped is always have something in my system every few hours, that was huge. I don't go 3 hours without consuming something, and most places consider protein a "meal" to an extent, so technically I eat 6 or more times a day and spread them out. I am a lean guy so I haven't had to focus on cutting calories, I don't do any cardio other then basketball, and I'm taking on all weight including the fat, or "bad weight" some don't want.

Right now I rest on Mon & Tues and workout on the weekends since it's no football, that'll change in September. Wed is chest, Thur is shoulders, Friday is legs so I can give my upper body a rest, Saturday is back, Sunday arms, rest Mon & Tues. It isn't perfect, but I just try to read as much as I can from a bunch of different places and with my body frame it's worked well for me.

Quote:
Old 07-08-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

So how many exercises should you do a day? And how long is an average workout?

Damn. I was seeing results too. Maybe not as good as they could be though.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Just checked my blood pressure and I am out of the Stage 1 Hypertension zone and back down into pre-hypertension land. I will obviously keep going because I am trying to get as close to 200 lbs as possible (down to 224 from 240 in April) by the end of the year. But getting out of Stage 1 is a big deal. I should've never let it happen.

I also need new pants, especially jeans. I have one pair that fits now.
That's incredible! This year I've also dropped out of Stage 1 Hypertension for the first time since I was 19.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
So how many exercises should you do a day? And how long is an average workout?

Damn. I was seeing results too. Maybe not as good as they could be though.
If you can't finish your workout in an hour it is probably too long. If you can't finish in 90 minutes, it is definitely too long. That includes a 3-5 min rest between sets depending on how taxing it is.

And, you mention you have been seeing results, but it doesn't add up with your goals. You want to gain weight, yet you've dumped ~20 pounds. Either you don't actually want to gain weight or you are not getting the results that will push you towards that goal. If you want to gain weight (or lose weight or whatever - this advice applies to pretty much anything weight wise) the key is to get your diet straight first and then supplement with a lifting program where you do relatively heavy, compound lifts using free weights. If you want to lose weight or maintain or just be generally a healthy person, cardio is always nice.

Back when I was lifting on the reg, my highest volume day consisted of 4 exercises. 1 really heavy (5-3-1), 2 moderately heavy (4x8), and BW pull ups (3x12).

Last edited by Rob S : 07-08-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want to do squats, but I'm afraid to. I have a slipped disc in my back (ended my floundering football days) and I'm afraid of tweaking it while squating.

Basically what I did was I hit up every machine they had, and tried to turn it into a workout. Then to work on my balancing muscles I used the movmeents of the machines with dumbbells one day and machine the other day.

I go heavy on the machines bc I feel it's safer to do my heavy sets on machines.
Grab two dumbbells and use them instead of a barbell to reduce the strain on your back when doing a squat. Another option is a hack squat with barbell.

You could also hold a kettlebell upside (basically in front of your face) while you squat.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i've done 2 insanity and 1 p90x+ workout in the last week. Stay around 2000-2800 cals a day (on the days i workout, subtract roughly 600 or so). I look a little lighter and the shirt i put on friday was actually a little big for me. Yet i see no change in the weight. How come? My workouts have been mostly interval cardio, no weights, a few pushups here and there.
49ersfan_87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
So i've done 2 insanity and 1 p90x+ workout in the last week. Stay around 2000-2800 cals a day (on the days i workout, subtract roughly 600 or so). I look a little lighter and the shirt i put on friday was actually a little big for me. Yet i see no change in the weight. How come? My workouts have been mostly interval cardio, no weights, a few pushups here and there.
Wait a month to check your weight.

Weight can vary +/- 5lbs on a week to week basis due to water, diet, and waste.

If you do compare, do it each morning after taking a piss.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
What kind of calories are they? Are you going off the insanity nutrition guide? You may not see it on the scale, but can you see it on your body? Feel better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If you aren't losing weight, eat less. It really isnt hard. I get what you are saying, verloren, but a week is enough time to see if you are headed in the right direction.

The concepts behind losing or gaining weight are not hard, people just don't have the will to diet correctly on a consistent basis.

Last edited by Rob S : 07-14-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:03 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got one of the fitness apps on my phone and I am now the guy people hate because they think I am texting. I haven't worked out much in awhile so I am trying to get back into it. My cardio is terrible though so I add in playing basketball after the workout. Granted, it is tough to shoot when your arms are sore.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
The concepts behind losing or gaining weight are not hard, people just don't have the will to diet correctly on a consistent basis.
Thhis. I struggle with this still, and maybe I'll get some help when my girlfriend moves we are planning in a few months, but it's tough. And unless you get committed to be consistent with it 1 way or another for a period of time you won't see the results you want.

Quote:
Old 07-15-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Thhis. I struggle with this still, and maybe I'll get some help when my girlfriend moves we are planning in a few months, but it's tough. And unless you get committed to be consistent with it 1 way or another for a period of time you won't see the results you want.
Yup. I'm fortunate (or unfortunate, I guess) to be able to pack on weight incredibly easy, but for me to lose, I have to be hyper vigilant. I've only been able to get my diet right once (for an extended period of time)......one summer with consistent clean eating/ calorie tracking and dropped all of my HS Football OL weight (~70 lbs).
Old 07-15-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the gym that is really close to me is closing AGAIN for some more repairs, which is totally bogus. The next closest one is like 30 minutes away from me, so I was wondering if any of you guys knew some good exercise **** one could do at home? Cardio is best, but I do have access to weights too.

Trying to cut like another 5-10 lbs. My diet is on lockdown but not having access to a gym for the foreseeable future is gunna suck.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
So the gym that is really close to me is closing AGAIN for some more repairs, which is totally bogus. The next closest one is like 30 minutes away from me, so I was wondering if any of you guys knew some good exercise **** one could do at home? Cardio is best, but I do have access to weights too.

Trying to cut like another 5-10 lbs. My diet is on lockdown but not having access to a gym for the foreseeable future is gunna suck.
I'm a big fan of jump rope or a "deck of cards" workout. For deck of cards, I don't do the classic (just burpees and sit-ups). I always include 4 exercises and will even rotate them just to keep things interesting.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just do p90x workouts. can't go wrong.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm a big fan of jump rope or a "deck of cards" workout. For deck of cards, I don't do the classic (just burpees and sit-ups). I always include 4 exercises and will even rotate them just to keep things interesting.
Yeah, problem with jump ropes is that I live in an apartment building on the second floor, and my downstairs neighbors can be real *****. Hm, maybe I should do that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
just do p90x workouts. can't go wrong.
p90x basically killed me the week I first started to do it, but maybe I could give it another look. I've heard taebo is great for cardio too, but idk.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote