Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-14-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 3 Schools if you were a stud HS Football Player

Just playing NCAA 14 and thought this could be a cool and interesting topic for the college forum, so if you were a big time High School Football player, what would be your top 3 schools (in order)? And try to include at least a brief reasoning for each.

For me:

1. Miami - Obvious choice for me. I am a born and raised Canes fan from South Florida and it would be great for the family and friends to come see me play.

2. Oregon - Phil Knight. That is all.

3. Southern Cal - This was a tough one, but I've always been a fan. Also seems like if you're a stud at SC, you get treated like royalty. I wouldn't mind living Matt Leinart's college life for 3-4 years.

Discuss...

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Wisconsin
2. Minnesota
3. Oregon State

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Kansas State: The fans are great, the coaches are great and the town is great. Add a new stadium addition that is underway, and Coach Snyder implementing life lessons as well as coaching football, and this is a no brainer to me.

2. Oklahoma: I hate Oklahoma, but I respect them and what they've accomplished. Stoops can put guys in the NFL, and that's why I'd consider there.

3. TCU: I've always respected Gary Patterson, and being a Kansas State fan was very disappointed we could sway him away from TCU when Snyder retired the first time. He was then my leading candidate for when Prince was let go, before Snyder was announced. I don't think there are many coaches in the NCAA that are better than him.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This all depends on what position I would be playing.

1. Florida State- Grew up cheering for them, good history, not afraid to use freshmen, solid track record of getting guys to the NFL.

2. Oregon- Cool uniforms, fun offense, supported by Nike.

3. Ohio State- Great history, awesome atmosphere, solid academics, good track record of getting guys to NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Notre Dame, good chances of going pro and damn good options if you dont. Beautiful spot, have some family nearby.

2 Stanford, pretty much the same reasoning as for ND except that i am not a fan of furd.

3 Vanderbilt, partially because i think id like playing for the coach

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to do 5 since you get 5 official visits.

1) Tennessee
- Duh, my favorite team growing up.
2) Stanford
- Great education. Love the coach and style of play. California.
3) UCLA
- Beautiful campus, beautiful women, L.A., would rather play for Mora than Kiffin.
4) Oregon
- Nike, women
5) Florida State
- Always kind of liked them for some reason.

In the end I'd choose Stanford.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Michigan
2. Arizona State
3. Oregon
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon - Speed, Uniforms, Cheerleaders. Pretty much the works.

Wisconsin - Honestly if I am an OL who can handle some amount of cold, I would commit the moment they sent me an offer.

Bama - Puts kids in the NFL, win Championships.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
1. Kansas State: The fans are great, the coaches are great and the town is great. Add a new stadium addition that is underway, and Coach Snyder implementing life lessons as well as coaching football, and this is a no brainer to me.

2. Oklahoma: I hate Oklahoma, but I respect them and what they've accomplished. Stoops can put guys in the NFL, and that's why I'd consider there.

3. TCU: I've always respected Gary Patterson, and being a Kansas State fan was very disappointed we could sway him away from TCU when Snyder retired the first time. He was then my leading candidate for when Prince was let go, before Snyder was announced. I don't think there are many coaches in the NCAA that are better than him.
I'm very biased towards TCU since I go there and all, but give us a couple more years (hopefully) with success and I think we could get more recruits of stature. Look what we did with Devonte Fields as a true freshman. Yes he was talented, but when you have Gary Patterson coaching you, he's going to make sure every bit of talent is presented. He was our only 4* recruit last year and won Big XII DPOY. We just put a ton of money into a new stadium last year, we are going to be primetime against LSU on August 31st, so I'm hoping we can bring in talent now.

As far as OU, I'm originally from Norman, actually here right now, and OU is a great place to be. They're building brand new athletic dorms right now and it's unbelievable how nice they are. OU has struggled recently with high-level recruits so we'll see where it goes from here.

If I'm a top recruit, my choices would probably be...

1) TCU
2) Florida/Florida State - Either/or
3) USC
Old 07-14-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC - Dream school and childhood favorite. Right in the media capital of the world and with no NFL team you are the biggest show in town for football. Top notch education and an NFL factory.

Ohio State - Very rich tradition and the biggest athletic budget in the NCAA. They are treated like gods, and like SC produce plenty of NFL players, playing in the horseshoe would be pretty damn cool too.

Miami - Loved watching the Miami teams of the early 2000's, I know they have lost a little of that swagger but they are still The U. NFL factory, on the beach, and beautiful women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
I'm very biased towards TCU since I go there and all, but give us a couple more years (hopefully) with success and I think we could get more recruits of stature. Look what we did with Devonte Fields as a true freshman. Yes he was talented, but when you have Gary Patterson coaching you, he's going to make sure every bit of talent is presented. He was our only 4* recruit last year and won Big XII DPOY. We just put a ton of money into a new stadium last year, we are going to be primetime against LSU on August 31st, so I'm hoping we can bring in talent now.

As far as OU, I'm originally from Norman, actually here right now, and OU is a great place to be. They're building brand new athletic dorms right now and it's unbelievable how nice they are. OU has struggled recently with high-level recruits so we'll see where it goes from here.

If I'm a top recruit, my choices would probably be...

1) TCU
2) Florida/Florida State - Either/or
3) USC
Patterson runs a great program. I agree as far as it's a program on the rise. Patterson and Bill Snyder are a lot alike, they don't get the greatest talent but they run a scheme and develop that talent to the best of their abilities.

It's a great feeling watching K-State and TCU compete against Oklahoma, Texas, and hell even Oklahoma State, all 3 of which get way better recruits.

Kansas State had one 5-star recruit on their team last season, that was Miami transfer Arthur Brown, and they put together a damn good season. We seem to get around 1 4star recruit each season. Most of them are JUCO or transfers, which is unfortunate, but still better than nothing I suppose.

Snyder got the most out of his players and many are in the NFL today thanks to him. It's pretty amazing the influence Kansas State and/or Bill Snyder has had on some coaches in the NCAA. Patterson played there, Stoops coached under Snyder there, as did Beilema and many others.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Ole Miss-I won't explain it because they are my team.

2. LSU-They're a rival and have had troubles, but they are a top notch program that wins and puts players in the NFL.

3. Alabama-Same as LSU, just not as much trouble and even more winning.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. FSU

2. Alabama - If I was a defensive player, it would be hard to turn down playing for this program.

3. Michigan - always liked them for whatever reason and playing in the Big House would be awesome.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I ask myself this question all the time. It would all depend on who was offering me and what position I was. But here are what my top three schools might be.
1. Michigan: I love Ann Arbor, it is the best college town in America, Michigan is one of the best schools in the country, would love to play for Hoke and in the big House, been there a bunch of times and have a blast every time I go

2. Alabama: Everything there is the best and your playing for the best coach in the country.

3. Stanford: Getting a top notch education, playing for a smart head coach and one of my favorite head coaches in David Shaw, they also win a ton of football games.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I could choose I'd be a stud TE. I just like the position. Education matters a fair bit for me. I'm a california guy so I'm not sure I'd want to leave.

1) Stanford - My favorite school as a fan. Great education, great coach, and they know how to use the position. I love the weather here and the campus is quality. I don't like being in the spotlight so I like that football stars aren't crazy worshiped here.

2) UCLA - I like Mora as a coach. They are improving and I like the location. Good education as well.

3) Michigan - I just think they are cool. The town, history, jerseys. All of it looks good.

Honerable mention - Miami. I know they have been lacking but The U is just cool as all hell. They also know how to produce TEs. Also Oregon but I hate Oregon as a Stanford fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even though I'm a huge UF fan, when I actually chose a college being close to home was a #1 priority. there aren't a ton of great football programs near me but I'd probably choose from

1) Maryland - B10 team now, I personally like the unis and I have a lot of family in the area.

2) Rutgers - NJ is about as good a location as I could pick. unfortunately it's New Jersey. still, Rutgers has been a relatively successful program of late

3) Florida - I'd have to give them a shot because they're still my favorite team
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Stanford
2) Northwestern
3) Notre Dame

Get that degree, son.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC, Texas and Alabama. Especially if you are a stud QB you will be god like status.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alabama, USC & Oregon.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Pete Carroll was the still the coach at SC, they would be on the top of my list. He's my favorite coach and I loved cheering for him when he was there. It just hasn't been the same since he left.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Stanford - I don't think I could say no. Elite academics are such a huge selling point. The fact that it's in California is pretty cool and it's nice that they've had success both on the field and getting guys into the NFL. Plus David Shaw seems like someone who would be easy to respect and great to play for.

2. Vanderbilt - Another good school, solid coaching staff, they've been relatively good recently and play solid competition.

3. Northwestern - Could easily leapfrog Vanderbilt, lots of the same appeals as the other two. I've always wanted to check out Chicago too.

Lots of other schools could fit in, but those are the first three that come to mind.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People that are listing Alabama are seriously underrating the odds that you will get your scholarship cut. Yeah it's a great place if you're a stud player, but if you're not Nikky Saban will cut you like dog meat.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
People that are listing Alabama are seriously underrating the odds that you will get your scholarship cut. Yeah it's a great place if you're a stud player, but if you're not Nikky Saban will cut you like dog meat.
Plus you'd have to live in Alabama
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Good luck being the one guy out of the 4-5 other 5 star guys to get the nod.

I'm all for competing for a spot, and wanting good competition. But i'd still like to make my chances as good as possible.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Patterson runs a great program. I agree as far as it's a program on the rise. Patterson and Bill Snyder are a lot alike, they don't get the greatest talent but they run a scheme and develop that talent to the best of their abilities.

It's a great feeling watching K-State and TCU compete against Oklahoma, Texas, and hell even Oklahoma State, all 3 of which get way better recruits.

Kansas State had one 5-star recruit on their team last season, that was Miami transfer Arthur Brown, and they put together a damn good season. We seem to get around 1 4star recruit each season. Most of them are JUCO or transfers, which is unfortunate, but still better than nothing I suppose.

Snyder got the most out of his players and many are in the NFL today thanks to him. It's pretty amazing the influence Kansas State and/or Bill Snyder has had on some coaches in the NCAA. Patterson played there, Stoops coached under Snyder there, as did Beilema and many others.
My Grandpa went to K-State, famous track athlete there so I liked them growing up, always respected Bill Snyder. I still think a top 5 football game I've ever been to was this one I sat 50 yard line like 4 rows up in my parents seats and that's one game I'll never forget. El Roberson was an absolute stud.

Last edited by Shreckart : 07-16-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Shreckart is online now   Reply With Quote