Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-10-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If states were divided by brewery locations, san diego would be its own state.

If you make it down there, look out for Alpine, they make excellent west coast style ipas, but their double ipa (pure hoppiness) is out dis world.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
name three. seriously though, so i can look for them.

Alchemist is the best brewery in VT.
Hill Farmstead is also good.
Wolavers is a decent brewer but their IPA is meh.

i don't see how your comment about sierra nevada changes what i said. or how any of this addresses dogfish head.
It doesn't really. As far as DFH is concerned I think it is the only good brewery in Delaware thus doesn't count as a beer state.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill Farmstead is one of my favorite breweries. They make a double/imperial IPA that is out of this world.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
killer, thanks. do all three make 'east coast' style ipas? that is, sweeter and less absurdly hoppy? if so, i'll look for other styles.
Well good luck finding any Alchemist. Hill Farmstead's IPA varies based on which reincarnation you find but most of them should be closer to american IPAs than their English counterparts. As I said before Wolever's IPA is considerably the worst of its offerings I'd go with the oatmeal stout.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 07-11-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Last night I had a bottle of three floyds zombie dust pale ale, probably one of the best pale ales I've had.
I want to try their Pig Destroyer beer, which is basically labeled as a double zombie dust. And, you know, Pig Destroyer.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bought a 4 pack of this at the liquor store purely on the name alone. I wasn't disappointed. So damn good.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
is that a tailless velociraptor in clown shoes on the label?
lol, I think so.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Oak-smoked Old Guardian is not as tasty as the Old Guardian. Still good though.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enjoying a few Summit Sagas tonight

It's pretty averagish really, pretty mild for an IPA. Not bad though.

Also a few stray shiner wild hares (I'm sure only Brent will appreciate this.)
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Summit Saga is a really solid beer.

I had numerous great beers at the monthly brew party this past weekend.

The ones that stick out are an '09 Dogfish Head Raison d'Extra and Pliny the Elder.

The Pliny was good, but one day I'll have a truly fresh one. It doesn't travel well and it has to be super fresh. The one I had was 6 weeks old. One day...
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found a Great Divide variety pack at my liquor store tonight, should be solid.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone tried the Sam Adams "Barrel Room Collection"?

I bought one and my friend bought two. I am sharing mine (Thirteenth Hour) with a friend when I get back to college, like-wise with my friend who came up. But we are saving one of the bottles because it said you can save it for up to 2 years, which we plan on doing.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Anyone tried the Sam Adams "Barrel Room Collection"?

I bought one and my friend bought two. I am sharing mine (Thirteenth Hour) with a friend when I get back to college, like-wise with my friend who came up. But we are saving one of the bottles because it said you can save it for up to 2 years, which we plan on doing.
I've not tried those but on the same vein has anyone tried the Longshot contest winners this year?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

njx come over lets drink!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh lame you mentioned Dallas I thought you were there.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-16-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
brent, tell me again what beers i should look for from dallas. i didn't see anything at the liquor store tonight that sounded familiar, but i assume i might be more likely to find it in houston than in denver.
Good call not asking Metsox.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Found a Great Divide variety pack at my liquor store tonight, should be solid.
Just picked up the Great Divide Hercules bomber. Also got the SN Southern Hemisphere. Not gonna crack em tonight though. Pretty excited for em both.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-16-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he'd just talk about bath mats anyways.
To be fair, I imagine that licking your bath mat could get you all sorts of ****** up. And, with him being Mexican and all, the price would be right.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
brent, tell me again what beers i should look for from dallas. i didn't see anything at the liquor store tonight that sounded familiar, but i assume i might be more likely to find it in houston than in denver.
Deep Ellum IPA
Peticolas Velvet Hammer
anything from Franconia

those are all safe

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think i saw franconia, actually, but not any flavors that intriuged me. i'll have to find a posher store tomorrow.
Franconia is tap only. Deep Ellum's offerings come in can form, but I would suggest getting it on tap. You're in Houston, so look for Austin Beerworks, Independence Brewery, and of course Lone Star. St. Arnold's is okay, but I am not a big fan.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Is lonestar really any good or is that just something that Texans say?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 07-17-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Is lonestar really any good or is that just something that Texans say?
It is not good, but it is cheap in TX.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

So not good.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-19-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Just picked up a black butte xxv, surly overrated, 21st ammendment hop crisis, and a ska skankin dirty. Any reviews?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-19-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I've had Hop Crisis. I wasn't blown away, but it was solid.