Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-16-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
alan wake for $2... worth it, or just another ****** console port?
I mean, if you have a 360 controller with a dongle for your PC, there's no such thing as a 'crappy console port' anymore since it's the same game.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo, DayZ how do I play with you fockers?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
What time?
We are sporadic with our times. I def usually pop on around 11 EST
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got it cause I haven't played it, a lot of people loved it and it was only $3.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much is the PC "dongle" for a 360 controller? Cuz I wants one.

edit: Just bought the Alan Wake "franchise" pack for $3.99

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 07-16-2013 at 08:14 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah its the weird wireless usb thing, that like 20/30 bucks
Old 07-16-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno if that is worth it for me.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I dunno if that is worth it for me.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wirel.../dp/B000HZFCT2

20 dollars.

I'm sure you can get a wired controller for the 5 bucks more.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah you can get dongle or a wired and I'd probably go wired since it's an actual controller not a $20 adapter.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Install Arma II and Arma II Operation Arrowhead. Then open them both and then close them. Download DayZ Commander and install the Arma II and Dayz updates (install/update tab in the upper right of DayZ Commander). Then download the DayZ Orgins mod under that same tab.

If you PM StripedWalrus he can likely give you the Ventrilo server information, which we use to communicate.

I will probably not play tonight due to being exhausted and will be heading to bed but I plan to play tomorrow for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
I installed the Arma II update, but there was no DayZ updates, just DayZ orgins Mod.

Edit: Under Mods, it says just DayZ...is that the right one?
I feel like an idiot right now. I'll blame it on no sleep.

1. I purchased and downloaded ARMA II: CO
2. I opened both ARMA II and Operation Arrowhead and closed them
3. I DL'd DayZ Mod (Steam search: "DayZ Mod")

I tried opening DayZ, no updates. I opened ARMA II, no updates.

Cannot access DayZ online "Bad version" or some such crap.

What did I do wrong?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Update them via DayZ Commander.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
dragon age: origins is the good one, right? da2 was the one that sucked?
You are correct.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I feel like an idiot right now. I'll blame it on no sleep.

1. I purchased and downloaded ARMA II: CO
2. I opened both ARMA II and Operation Arrowhead and closed them
3. I DL'd DayZ Mod (Steam search: "DayZ Mod")

I tried opening DayZ, no updates. I opened ARMA II, no updates.

Cannot access DayZ online "Bad version" or some such crap.

What did I do wrong?
Yeah you need the DayZ Commander, then update the game via there.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah you need the DayZ Commander, then update the game via there.
Is that on Steam? Or is that hosted online?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://download.cnet.com/DayZ-Comman...-75901116.html
Old 07-16-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Apparently this version has sweetpacks...

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Has what? Make sure you click the right download link!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Okay. DayZ Commander is installed, DayZ updated and Dayz Origins is installing now.

Do I launch from DayZ Commander when it's all done? Or do I still use Steam?

Oldie but a goodie.

Last edited by nobodyinparticular : 07-16-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

use day z commander hop on vent well help you get on

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Okay. DayZ Commander is installed, DayZ updated and Dayz Origins is installing now.

Do I launch from DayZ Commander when it's all done? Or do I still use Steam?
Hop on Vent!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
use day z commander hop on vent well help you get on
Quote:
Hop on Vent!
I'll have to get on with you guys some other time this week. I feel like I just got hit by a truck. Still road weary from 24 hours of driving in the past few days I guess.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

You missing out on the looting.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I'll have to get on with you guys some other time this week. I feel like I just got hit by a truck. Still road weary from 24 hours of driving in the past few days I guess.
No worries sir. We'll be playing during the week if you want to hop on sometime then.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those needing help with DayZ. Just follow this to a T and it works fine. :)

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/How_to_install_DayZ

Played DayZero a bit today and it is certainly more smooth than vanilla. Completely forgot how to play and being chased by a group of zeds was actually exhilarating. For those who haven't played make sure you turn off head-bob unless you are into that feeling.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I did get about 10-15 min in last night before I hit a wall. It was fun definitely saw that this was a mod and not a full-blown game. I think I will absolutely love this thing.

It took about 10 minutes just to find any action (zombies). I got hurt by one and slowly bled to death, hastened later by falling off a building.

I couldn't figure out how to stop the bleeding or how to pick up items on the ground. I will get into this more later this week.

Oldie but a goodie.