Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 07-12-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good thing you have 2 WS to sleep on.

What are you going to with Lincecum? Just let him walk?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Good thing you have 2 WS to sleep on.

What are you going to with Lincecum? Just let him walk?
Yeah 2 of 3. It has muted me pretty well. Just gotta say "oh well" for this year.

I have no idea what they do with Tim. I would like him to accept their qualifying offer after the season (should be something like $14M, still a savings from the $22M from this year). Maybe he turns it around. I haz a big sad though. He was so dominant before. Gotta think some team offers him more though.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that's going to be a very tough decision. Very wide set of circumstances there.

The baseball Giants kind of remind me of the NY football Giants. Some small similarities.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy with the two rings.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then Timmy throws a no-hitter. So awesome.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally some momentum going for the Giants. Just about the time I started bitching. Maybe I should started earlier in the year.

Quote:
Old 07-14-2013, 03:08 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well that was cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Spoke too soon. Another ass whippin.

Quote:
Old 07-16-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
They should keep the band together.
That's what they did in 2011 and this season after Championships and they owed it to the fanbase. I agreed with what they did, however, with the commitments they made, the things I'm concerned about, moving forward:
- Timmy has been inconsistent and is in the process of reinventing himself, but will he's likely going to be:
a) Too good the remainder of the year for the Giants to keep him when he hits FA as he'll take a big $ guaranteed SP deal somewhere else.
b) Too inconsistent to prove he's still a viable part of a future rotation and they low-ball him to come back as a long reliever, which he likely rejects for a SP job somewhere else or a change of scenery.
- They paid Pagan good money to be our CF for the next few years and last year was his first that wasn't plagued by injuries. He's back to the DL
- They gave Scutaro a 3 year deal to keep him when he's at the twilight of his career and though he's been good so far this season, how will the next 2+ seasons work out?
- They may be forced to buy Zito out of his deal for $7M next year and then pay him MORE to bring him back.
- There are a couple SP prospects in the organization but they don't look to be ready to contribute next year or even the season after.

Sabean & Co. will have some work to do after this season.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

This is why I've always been iffy with baseball. The huge amount of player transactions always frustrated me. I mean, if the players are consistently sucking you gotta do what you gotta do, but it was always a downer for me.

Quote:
Old 07-19-2013, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ahmad Brooks in the clear as far as getting charged for the incident a couple of weeks back.

Quote:
The Santa Clara County District Attorney has decided not to pursue charges against 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks, who had been accused of beating teammate Lamar Divens repeatedly over the head with a Heineken bottle last month. New evidence, including an earlier rough-housing incident between the two men and Divens' demands for $1 million from Brooks, helped convince District Attorney Jeff Rosen that he would not be able to get a conviction.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...ra-county.html

Quote:
Old 07-19-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Ahmad Brooks in the clear as far as getting charged for the incident a couple of weeks back.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...ra-county.html
This is good news for the Giants lol.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Dang. Well this is embarrassing.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pence already back on board (for the prime of his career) with a 5 year deal for $90M and now Timmy is back as of tonight for a 2 year deal at $35M. This shows how weak the potential SP free agent market is and how much faith the Giants have in their organization's MLB-ready pitching...not much. Next, they'll have to lowball the hell out of Vogey and get him back on a "you have to earn a roster spot in camp kind of deal" which I think is fair (if he even gets that shot). It's a lot of coin for Timmy but it's only a two year deal so it doesn't have the Zito-potential to haunt the team for years. If they're going to take a chance on a guy, I think it should be someone that has at least proven to pitch on an elite level. The interesting offseason has begun and I'm interested to see what moves happen after the series and during the upcoming winter meetings.

If Panda is traded, I'm not going to be shocked. There are a lot of logical reasons why this move makes sense for the Giants. However, if they do, they need to pick up some extra hitting somewhere else and I'm not loving the options that are currently available. Oh, and for those of you who were hoping we'd sign the next great Cuban defector Jose Abreu, the future DH went to the Chi Sox six-year, $68 million deal, which is probably good for the Giants long term. I like that they're expanding their foreign scouting margins again but I don't think Abreu wasn't the best fit for them and was a move they would have likely regretted.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 10-23-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad to have Timmy back. Looks okay for both side and nothing long term that can bite us.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 01-15-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Slimmer Panda. #contractyear

Last edited by Madirishman : 01-15-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
#contractyear
Exactly. Either he is going to have his best year ever and then bolt, or they over pay and he gains back 30 lbs by January.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I love Panda but this is the same song and dance. Let's see if he can stay healthy and slim. He is gonna get paid fat or skinny.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-09-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I'm just glad the Giants might get one more great year out of him at a fair salary and hopefully can bring home the 3rd ring in 5 years. Then, they can decide to overpay him or let him walk. With no cap in baseball, it's reasonably ok if they have a bad contract or two, especially if the guy is a former World Series MVP. It's not my money, so as a fan, if they're willing to pay hi, then I'm on board. A lot to prove this year for Panda though.

What do you think of the potential 'move Posey to 3rd to lengthen his career' strategy next year if Panda walks of they release him out into the wild? There have been varying reports on this and it would make sense as opposed to trying to squeeze him in at 1st Base if Belt continues to come along.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do you think of the potential 'move Posey to 3rd to lengthen his career' strategy next year if Panda walks of they release him out into the wild? There have been varying reports on this and it would make sense as opposed to trying to squeeze him in at 1st Base if Belt continues to come along.
His best value in the field is catcher because he makes pitchers better. Putting him in the infield would be fine if you found a catcher who could do as well or better behind the plate, but my guess is that's unlikely. And, besides, why pay him a crapload of money if you aren't going to maximize his contribution to the team?

Old 03-21-2014, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
His best value in the field is catcher because he makes pitchers better. Putting him in the infield would be fine if you found a catcher who could do as well or better behind the plate, but my guess is that's unlikely. And, besides, why pay him a crapload of money if you aren't going to maximize his contribution to the team?
I agree, Brent. I do worry about the overall longevity of his career and him breaking down in his mid 30's or before, whereas he's the type of talented, disciplined player that could be perhaps playing to a Chipper/Jeter age if he was at 3rd Base. At Catcher, he helps make the pitching staff better, (the strength of the team so long as they continue to build around it and play half their games at AT&T Park) calling games, and is a difference maker in the lineup at a position that not many teams have weapons. If the Giants have a long term solution that can hit and play D at 3rd, keeping Posey where he's at, it will only make the team better as a whole.

Love me some Posey, for sure. Excited for the season to start as the kid has put on a good 10 pounds of muscle and I think will hit for more power this year and maintain an average over .300. 2nd MVP trophy in sight.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

This infield is ******* terrible

Old 04-04-2014, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Yes, but Belt's home run stroke has finally arrived in the big leagues. 3 in the first 4 games! I went to a couple of the opening series games here in AZ and there was a large contingent of Giants fans in attendance, like every year. It's no AT&T Park but it helps to have other like-minded fans there cheering on the orange and black. It was great to see Huddy throw a gem in his first start with the team and the applause during a standing O was loud enough when he left the game that he looked up, acknowledged the fans and tipped his cap to us. Pretty awesome for a 'road' game.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

TIMMY!

He no hit the Padres again today; second time in less than a calendar year! Hopefully this is the sign of them turning things back around and getting hot again. They'll also get Pagan, Belt and hopefully Scutaro back in the lineup with the next few days to two weeks. They did win 2 of 3 games that I attended here in AZ last weekend so I keep bringing them some good luck!

Also, anybody think they should trade for a SP or 2B or both? I think Price is the only guy that is worth giving up a top prospect like Crick for as he is still young and proven to be elite and he's a lefty that we can add the rotation with MadBum. Samardzija is good but not worth what the Cubs will want in return.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Also, anybody think they should trade for a SP or 2B or both? I think Price is the only guy that is worth giving up a top prospect like Crick for as he is still young and proven to be elite and he's a lefty that we can add the rotation with MadBum. Samardzija is good but not worth what the Cubs will want in return.
Considering how well they played to start the year, I don't think trading for someone is going to be worth it. I'd rather stay the course. We could have Zack Wheeler in this rotation, but someone thought trading for Carlos Beltran and not resigning him was a great idea. (Yes, I am still bitter about that trade.)