Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-19-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Ska and 21st in Buffalo :(
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I found it in Minneapolis. Don't got this **** up north.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh, it will be.
Very happy with the decision. Just had my first Yeti which was fantastic and went quite nicely with something resembling turkey chili I made earlier this week. Have yet to be disappointed by them.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be trying these three tonight:

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boston liquor is so much cheaper than in WV where my college is. $35 less on a 1.75 liter of Jager.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two pretty decent beers.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying these two this evening:

Bornem Double Abbey Ale

and

New Belgium Fat Tire

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-21-2013, 01:44 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tasted my first batch of beer that my bud and I brewed...definitely interesting.

Was supposed to be an Oktoberfest. Found out from a local brewer that we fermented it wrong (had nothing in the instructions about decreasing temperature). Has a funky cleaning solution lingering taste if drank from glass. I think that is a result of cleaning the bottles with an alcohol solution...though I could swear we got it all out of the bottles. Out of bottle it is drinkable though :)

For first batch, I am not complaining. It will be a learning process. Any tips for future? Aside from purchasing the sanitation solution they sell for brewing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Tasted my first batch of beer that my bud and I brewed...definitely interesting.

Was supposed to be an Oktoberfest. Found out from a local brewer that we fermented it wrong (had nothing in the instructions about decreasing temperature). Has a funky cleaning solution lingering taste if drank from glass. I think that is a result of cleaning the bottles with an alcohol solution...though I could swear we got it all out of the bottles. Out of bottle it is drinkable though :)

For first batch, I am not complaining. It will be a learning process. Any tips for future? Aside from purchasing the sanitation solution they sell for brewing?
Who the hell told you to clean with alcohol?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also

NEVER EVER EVER EVER DRINK THIS ****! Tastes nothing like chocolate or even chocolate malts. It is awful even worse than Budweiser. Just bad

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have found Saranac to be pretty bad in general.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Who the hell told you to clean with alcohol?
My buddy is a pharm tech and wanted to take over the sterilization process lol. Wouldn't do that step like that again, but at the time we felt like the first stage could have been more sterile since we just used boiling water to clean everything. Boiling water was fine, cleaning with the alcohol was not. Things you learn.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My buddy is a pharm tech and wanted to take over the sterilization process lol. Wouldn't do that step like that again, but at the time we felt like the first stage could have been more sterile since we just used boiling water to clean everything. Boiling water was fine, cleaning with the alcohol was not. Things you learn.
Next time you should use this.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
ugh, don't bother.
I haven't tried it yet. Had something unexpected come up last night but will try it today. So far I've only had one of the New Belgium beers and that was the 1554 which was okay. I wanted to try to the Fat Tire because of the hype behind New Belgium which, just in my one beer experience, I'm not quite sure why they're receiving it.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-21-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1554 is the only 12oz they make that's drinkable.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've ****** up a couple times, but you really ****** up. lol.

Star Sani is probably the best thing to use if you're going to brew a lot because you can just keep a bucket of it with a lid and it's always handy, but the no-rinse powder works great and is what I use.

Gotta cool the wort. There are a few solid ways to do it. I usually brew at my friend's house because he has a copper cooling coil that you just hook up to a hose and works really well. But a keg bucket and a few bags of ice is the standard way to do it. One of my friends just dumped the ice in the wort instead of filling it with water. It worked pretty quick and didn't seem to affect the end-product.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
1554 is the only 12oz they make that's drinkable.
La Folie is the only thing from New Belgium I love.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
their seasonals are usually worth drinking, that's about it. ranger's an ok IPA, if it's what's available.

they got a lot of hype because they were one of the first big micro brews with a wide distribution. fat tire is absolutely abysmal outside the state, and only sort of drinkable here. i can't remember the last time i intentionally bought it.
Just tried it and can say that it's completely unremarkable as amber's go. I don't think I'll venture another New Belgium again. The two I've had have been quite unspectacular and there are better black ales available (i.e. any German schwarzbier)

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-21-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Just tried it and can say that it's completely unremarkable as amber's go. I don't think I'll venture another New Belgium again. The two I've had have been quite unspectacular and there are better black ales available (i.e. any German schwarzbier)
I wouldn't shut the door on their Lips of Faith series. La Folie is actually one of the better sours that's widely distributed. They have one or two other good Lips of Faith series beers.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I've ****** up a couple times, but you really ****** up. lol.

Star Sani is probably the best thing to use if you're going to brew a lot because you can just keep a bucket of it with a lid and it's always handy, but the no-rinse powder works great and is what I use.

Gotta cool the wort. There are a few solid ways to do it. I usually brew at my friend's house because he has a copper cooling coil that you just hook up to a hose and works really well. But a keg bucket and a few bags of ice is the standard way to do it. One of my friends just dumped the ice in the wort instead of filling it with water. It worked pretty quick and didn't seem to affect the end-product.
Thanks for the advice man! With the wort part, any water that we were using we put in the freezer beforehand to get it cold, but the ice is a great idea too!

Upon further review, all of the ones I tried today tasted like an oktoberfest, so not all are ruined!

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Does anyone know if Brackenridge brewery is any good?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 07-22-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It is not good, but it is cheap in TX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
So not good.
The get-drunk-to-taste-to-dollar value is unbeatable.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
breckenridge? yeah, it's not bad. depends on what you're getting though. i like avalanche, but it's not really special. some of their aged stuff is solid.
What do you think of Left Hand?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I just applied to be a regional representative with Stone Brewing for East Texas and Louisiana. Fingers crossed, guys.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter