Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-17-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Miami
2. Stanford
3. Vanderbilt

Be a kickass OL, get an awesome engineering degree, live in a good city. WHY AM I NOT 6-6 DAMN YOU.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, you can't play football and be an engineer, and make it to the NFL.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Least likely 5:

1. Memphis- They are now in an AQ conference. The academics blows, the facilities suck, and they have no football history. Memphis isn't a horrible city, but there are many cities I'd rather live in.

2. Texas Tech- They are the 4th or 5th team in their own state and it's in Lubbock. Why would anyone go there?

3. Oregon State- Living in Corvalis, Oregon would suck enough. Being the ugly stepsister to Oregon makes Oregon State an absolute no.

4. Mississippi State- If you are going to go to school in the worst state in America, why not go to Ole Miss where the academics are marginally better and the women are significatly more attractive?

5. Iowa State- Crappy team in a crappy location.

Temple in your top 5, thanks.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Temple in your top 5, thanks.
The fact that Temple is in a legitimate city (even if it is Philadelphia) gives it an advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
WR - Clemson
Any reason? Outside of Hopkins and Watkins, they haven't had a noticeable receiver in a very long time. Jacoby Ford, a 4th round pick, is the closest they've come.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some SEC school they will being willing to pay for my services.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to toss out my homer South Carolina selection. In no particular order (copying the five schools/five official visits thing from CMD);

1. Stanford- Probably the best combination of academics and football anywhere in the country. David Shaw seems up to the task of replacing Harbaugh, and it seems like he'll stick around for awhile. One of the premier programs in both California and the Pac-12 as a whole, plus the fact that if I don't cut it as a player I still have a bright future with a Stanford degree, this would be an easy selection.

2. Oregon- I'd take a visit for the facilities alone. If I fit the offense as a player, that'd be another huge plus. That being said, undeniable question mark though with the coaching change.

3. Alabama- THE program at the moment. When it comes to pure football, there's probably no better place. At the same time, there is the aforementioned logjam at probably every position and I do have to live in Alabama.

4. Florida State- Traditional power and a good to potentially great program at the moment. Beautiful women as well. Most noticeable knock is conference play, although it would allow me to still hopefully play on a team that would Clemson every year.

5. UCLA- Mora has the program on the right track, could easily become a Pac-12 power. Getting to play/live in So. Cal. would be great, plus the education is hard to beat. Normally USC would get the nod here, but as long as Lane Kiffin coaches there, I'm not interested.

Least likely (removing homer-related dislikes);

1. Miami- I don't really like anything about the program. Pathetic local support, a team in general that seems like its living off the fumes of past glories. I know a lot of people view South Beach as a plus, but having visited, I've never seen anything particularly special about the city, outside of its crime and amounts of gaudy oceanfront hotels.

2. BYU- I'm not sure what the requirements are for athletes, but in general, I'm not interested in attending a Mormon school.

3/4/5- Texas Tech, Mississippi State, Washington State- Same reasoning as others, all are located in bumfuck nowhere and generally play at least second fiddle to other schools in the area.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HS teammate at FIU got his masters in engineering for free while playing QB. Know an OL at Miami that is getting his undergrad while playing OL. Definitely hard, but possible.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting question. Being realistic I'm a 5'10" athletic white guy - so I'm not playing OL/DL/QB or LB.

So with that in mind:

Top 3:
Miami - Besides being a fan, the programme has everything I'd be looking for. Great academics, fantastic HC, wonderful location, storied history and a team on the rise. The fact that ex-Canes drop by all the time would also be a big pull.

Oregon - Another team I'd strongly consider - solid academics, recently successful and a fun college town. Has the advantage over Miami of having a huge, rabid fanbase. The U swagger is somewhat matched by the Nike factor, so that would be a draw too. I'd only accept a scholarship if I was playing on O though - that D is terrible.

Cal - my final choice and a bit of a wild card. Again it has solid academics and a great location to go with a storied history. The programme isn't at it's strongest right now, but I have a soft spot for the Golden Bears - love the uniforms and they put players in the NFL.

Bottom 2 (assuming in this scenario I'm good enough to get scholarship offers from the best teams in the country and have my pick):
FSU & UiF - I'm a Miami fan. This would simply not happen.

I'd consider everyone else.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Least want to play at
Ohio State
Oregon State
Georgia Tech

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Kentucky
2. Texas A&M
3. Kansas St.

Off topic i know but...
Basketball
1. Kentucky
2. Western Kentucky
3. Florida Gulf Coast (beachfront dorms... that is all)

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homerrelevant

Quote:
The top choice of high school football players was Florida, a full 2 percent ahead of second-place Oregon. Both of those schools make sense, as they're among the sport's big name, glamor teams. Alabama was tied for third, which is a bit surprising considering how much success it has had over the past several years.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might have to bump up Alabama on my list after watching this video.

I mean I wouldn't mind doing my HW here.

http://gamedayr.wpengine.netdna-cdn....-8-570x318.jpg

Last edited by Jcn92 : 07-20-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Believe Shayne Skov, David DeCastro and Andrew Luck majored in something close to Engg.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Boise St.
2. Ohio
3. N. Illinois

I think the ultimate college career would be to be a big part of the small conference team that won the college football playoff and a national championship.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
yupyup
Rookie

yupyup hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1) USC - How could you not want to go there?
2) Texas - Football is religious there.
3) Bama - At this point pretty much guaranteed a NC.

HM: VT, UNC, Mich
yupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah you can, there are a bunch of big schools trying to force kids into easy majors but not all and if you want it enough you can get a legit major on any school, just hard work

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

least likely 5
1 BYU, no booze, not even coffee. F that
2 Memphis, a white european at that school, would be weird
3 Texas Tech, its in lubbock
4 Kentucky, being a distraction till basketball sucks in itself but being that and getting manhandled every saturday, makes it worse and having meh acadamics is a nice cherry on top of that shitpile
5 Ohio State, just dont think i could play for urban meyer

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:35 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since it appears we are doing this now, least likely to attend.
1. UTEP: I'd like to stay as far away from Juarez as possible
2. Arizona: I have never been to Tuscon but from what I've heard it's nothing to write home about and really a miserable place.
3. Kansas: Basketball school, among the worst schools or the worst school at football in a BCS conference.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:43 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
Oregon - Another team I'd strongly consider - solid academics, recently successful and a fun college town. Has the advantage over Miami of having a huge, rabid fanbase. The U swagger is somewhat matched by the Nike factor, so that would be a draw too. I'd only accept a scholarship if I was playing on O though - that D is terrible.
Actually that D is really good. Especially for the offense that they run. Nick Aliotti is one of the best defensive coordinators in the country and their d-line coach Jerry Azzinaro is one of the best too. Aliotti could've gone to the NFL with Chip Kelly and he turned down an offer this past season from USC. He's one of the few if not the only defensive coordinator who has managed to have an above average defense despite having an offense that has very quick possesions and scores a lot.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Mexico State. They wanted me when I wasn't a stud football player so I would return the favor.