Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-18-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i started a FF blog if anyone is interested. i doubt you will be since this thread suffices for all FF advice, but i will shamelessly plug it anyway http://fffreaks.wordpress.com/

let me know if this is not ok, mods. will take down if necessary.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is your opinion on Locker strictly as a FF QB?

I ask because over the course of the season he averaged 14.3 pts per game and in his last 5 games (excluding the Jags when the offense was never on the field due to 4 tds by the ST and D) he averaged 5 pts per game on the ground alone.

Hating the Texans, I think i'm going to throw out Schaub unless it comes down to where I need him. As your stats indicated he just doesn't have the potential IMO.

Bradford has more weapons now, and they should rely more on the passing game after S-Jax left so right now I think he'd probably be my top choice.

I am not as worried about someone grabbing Palmer right away as I am some of the younger guys, so I think I'll leave him out there right now.

Right now I think the trade to the guy with 4 QBs is offically dead. He just wants too much for even Romo. Another team has Wilson and Newton, I've sent them an initial offer and will see if they are willing to negotiate or if they aren't interested.

I have also inquired about Big Ben and Eli so we'll see what happens.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i started a FF blog if anyone is interested. i doubt you will be since this thread suffices for all FF advice, but i will shamelessly plug it anyway http://fffreaks.wordpress.com/

let me know if this is not ok, mods. will take down if necessary.
Nice read, I will visit it throughout the season as well
Old 07-18-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love bradford this season though i'm not sure why. i guess i have faith in austin/cook and the numbers bradford put up toward the end of the season
Old 07-18-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think Bradford is likely who i'll sign
Old 07-19-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

If you were to trade one of Spiller, Morris or McCoy, which would you trade?

I think Spiller is probably the best FF of the 3. Morris should get the rushing yards and tds, but McCoy should get a decent amount of rushing yards and in Kellys offense his receiving ability should be utilized just like he was by Reid.

You never know what to think about Shanahans RBs, but McCoy does have Brown who will take away some carries
Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
If you were to trade one of Spiller, Morris or McCoy, which would you trade?

I think Spiller is probably the best FF of the 3. Morris should get the rushing yards and tds, but McCoy should get a decent amount of rushing yards and in Kellys offense his receiving ability should be utilized just like he was by Reid.

You never know what to think about Shanahans RBs, but McCoy does have Brown who will take away some carries
I think injury is the only thing that prevents Spiller from a top 5 finish.

Morris v. McCoy is tough. I have a man crush on Shady but still might lean towards shipping him off just because there's too much uncertainty right now in regards to the success that offense will have in the NFL.

Honestly, though, I wouldn't trade any of them. You have decent options at QB on the wire and can run QBBC all season pretty effectively, if necessary. I'd hold out and wait for a WR injury if you can't get decent value now.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very biased, but I am all in on Spiller this year. I couldn't tell you who is replacing Levitre, if Glenn is going to suck or not, or even who our QB will be (ok, Manuel)
But Spiller is just. so. good. and you know he'll be the focal point. My only concern is that he might be rested once the Bills are 14-0.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I am very biased, but I am all in on Spiller this year. I couldn't tell you who is replacing Levitre, if Glenn is going to suck or not, or even who our QB will be (ok, Manuel)
But Spiller is just. so. good. and you know he'll be the focal point. My only concern is that he might be rested once the Bills are 14-0.
Hopefully they at least play him so in the 15th game so he can start in the championship game for me
Old 07-19-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I think injury is the only thing that prevents Spiller from a top 5 finish.

Morris v. McCoy is tough. I have a man crush on Shady but still might lean towards shipping him off just because there's too much uncertainty right now in regards to the success that offense will have in the NFL.

Honestly, though, I wouldn't trade any of them. You have decent options at QB on the wire and can run QBBC all season pretty effectively, if necessary. I'd hold out and wait for a WR injury if you can't get decent value now.
I am working on a trade that would hopefully give me Brandon Marshall, Cam and Trent Richardson for one of my top RBs (probably McCoy), Torrey Smith (maybe Nicks) and another player that will likely end up being Ahmad Bradshaw.

I'd be upgrading QB and WR with that trade, downgrading RB some, mostly by depth. He's interested though because Cam is his backup to Russell Wilson right now
Old 07-19-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
But Spiller is just. so. good. and you know he'll be the focal point. My only concern is that he might be rested once the Bills are 0-14.
Fixed that typo for you.

Quote:
I am working on a trade that would hopefully give me Brandon Marshall, Cam and Trent Richardson for one of my top RBs (probably McCoy), Torrey Smith (maybe Nicks) and another player that will likely end up being Ahmad Bradshaw.

I'd be upgrading QB and WR with that trade, downgrading RB some, mostly by depth. He's interested though because Cam is his backup to Russell Wilson right now
Richardson has injury concerns for sure, but he's elite if he goes 16 games. If he goes a full season in Turner's offense he won't be a downgrade at all. I like the look of that deal for you.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

We've negotiated back and forth and have essentially agreed to that trade in the last counter offer. I countered with that and am just waiting for that team to accept the trade and then another 2 days for the league to process it.

Hopefully all works out, I think that'd be about as good of a trade as possible. And it'd be nice to stick it that team with 4 QBs
Old 07-19-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

give up Nicks in that trade he was garbage last season outside of the TB game
Old 07-19-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
We've negotiated back and forth and have essentially agreed to that trade in the last counter offer. I countered with that and am just waiting for that team to accept the trade and then another 2 days for the league to process it.

Hopefully all works out, I think that'd be about as good of a trade as possible. And it'd be nice to stick it that team with 4 QBs
Without even discussing it, there should be a total trade embargo against any team that pulls that crap. Force him to outright waive a player he paid big bucks for at auction.

Quote:
give up Nicks in that trade he was garbage last season outside of the TB game
I do see Nicks as slightly overrated atm, but never, never underestimate the power of a contract year. Especially when it's a player as talented as Nicks. I'll be targeting him at the end of round 5. There's so much upside and it's combined with a great situation.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I agree, not a fan of Nicks he's too questionable as far as production and injuries are concerned. I got him for $8 in the middle of the auction so I thought it was worth the risk and again, he's a bigger name guy so if nothing else I could see him being good trade bait or solid depth.

I just hope the trade gets accepted soon.

That team will likely cut at least 1 of them by week 4, I have a hard time seeing him carrying 4 QBs that long.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Ok so here's an update. The guy hasn't yet accepted that trade, meantime the one with 4 QBs has offered me Colin Kaepernick and Frank Gore for Alfred Morris and Ahmad Bradshaw.

I like to put things into round values, so if based on another draft I had it breaks down to:
He gets: 1st and 6th
I get: 3rd and 5th

I feel like my team is getting better, although I am downgrading the strongest part of my team which is RB. Thoughts?
Old 07-19-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

I love morris - only have him behind ad, foster, and charles - and dont trust gore so idk if id do it personally.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I love morris - only have him behind ad, foster, and charles - and dont trust gore so idk if id do it personally.
Not to mention a hevy reliance on the 49ers and the hope that kaep doesnt slump some. Also, you reward the tool who drafted four qbs with a top rb. Pass.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I decline it, I think it was a fair trade but Gore does have some questions hitting the 30 year mark and Morris should be elite again
Old 07-20-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You made the right decision. Barring injury Morris should outproduce Gore by some margin, and Im not sold on Kaep tbh. Defenses should have a better grasp on how to handle the read option by now, and I think that the Crabtree injury will have a huge influence on the 9ers passing game.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My personal RB rankings this year must be wonky. Everyone is all over Alfred Morris and Shady McCoy, I've got them both outside my Top 5 pretty safely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
My personal RB rankings this year must be wonky. Everyone is all over Alfred Morris and Shady McCoy, I've got them both outside my Top 5 pretty safely.
What's your Top 10 for RB's?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
i'm not big on shady either, but i like reliability and i feel like morris gives you that. tbh, all of my top rb's are pretty much on the same level after AD. here's how i have the ones that i think are worth a first ranked and this changes every day:

1. Adrian Peterson
--------------
2. Arian Foster
3. Jamaal Charles
--------------
4. Alfred Morris
5. C.J. Spiller
6. Marshawn Lynch
7. Ray Rice
8. Doug Martin
9. Lesean McCoy
10. Trent Richardson
Old 07-20-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a keeper league, who wins this deal?

Team A gets:

Lamar miller
3rd round pick

Team B gets:

Shady McCoy
6th round pick
Old 07-20-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
In a keeper league, who wins this deal?

Team A gets:

Lamar miller
3rd round pick

Team B gets:

Shady McCoy
6th round pick
it depends on how highly team A values Lamar Miller. also slightly on the value that can be obtained in round 3 versus 6. if I were in any keeper league with 10+ owners I would want to be team B