Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-16-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Old 07-21-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NCAA needs to investigate Andy Enfield for poaching.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rutgers gave a verbal offer to a 14 year old today. So there's that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what are you guys looking at for your potential starting lineups this year?

OSU won't have any drastic changes with:
Craft
Smith
Thompson
Ross
Williams

With Kameron Williams, Marc Loving and Trey McDonald being the likely bench contributors. Maybe Della Valle.

Severely limited offensively once again, and a likely sweet 16 appearance/exit. Yay?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even know how to begin to predict Florida's lineup it's so freaking loaded. Billy tends to put freshmen on the bench until they figure things out, though, so my guess is it will look something like

Scottie Wilbekin/Kasey Hill
Michael Frazier II/Kasey Hill
Dorian Finney-Smith/Will Yeguette/Casey Prather
Will Yeguette/Chris Walker/Damontre Harris
Patric Young/Damontre Harris
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Badgers lineup to difficult to project with their inexperience in the front court.

Josh Gasser
Ben Brust
Sam Dekker
Duje Dukan
Frank Kaminsky

Frosh Nigel Hayes might have a shot to start but Bo doesn't usually operate that way.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCSU:

PG - Tyler Lewis | Anthony Barber
SG - Ralston Turner | Desmond Lee
SF - TJ Warren | Ralston Turner
PF - Kyle Washington | Lennard Freeman
C - Beejay Anya | Jordan Vandenberg

No clue how we'll be this year. Probably quite horrible. Zero depth down low. Lewis, Warren, Vandenberg are the only ones who played a minute last year. Ugh. Next year should be a little better with Lacey becoming eligible after his transfer and the Martin twins coming in as freshmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
NCSU:

PG - Tyler Lewis | Anthony Barber
SG - Ralston Turner | Desmond Lee
SF - TJ Warren | Ralston Turner
PF - Kyle Washington | Lennard Freeman
C - Beejay Anya | Jordan Vandenberg

No clue how we'll be this year. Probably quite horrible. Zero depth down low. Lewis, Warren, Vandenberg are the only ones who played a minute last year. Ugh. Next year should be a little better with Lacey becoming eligible after his transfer and the Martin twins coming in as freshmen.
All they have to do is finish 8th or better, and that should be enough to get into the NCAA Tournament.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I don't even know how to begin to predict Florida's lineup it's so freaking loaded. Billy tends to put freshmen on the bench until they figure things out, though, so my guess is it will look something like

Scottie Wilbekin/Kasey Hill
Michael Frazier II/Kasey Hill
Dorian Finney-Smith/Will Yeguette/Casey Prather
Will Yeguette/Chris Walker/Damontre Harris
Patric Young/Damontre Harris
I thought Chris Walker was going to be ineligible this season?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started to do one for Minnesota but I became too depressed and stopped. Basically it's Andre and Austin Hollins and then I don't care. Elliot Eliason is a solid center as well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I started to do one for Minnesota but I became too depressed and stopped. Basically it's Andre and Austin Hollins and then I don't care. Elliot Eliason is a solid center as well.
I got to SF, realized that it's probably going to be Oto Osenieks and then quit. God we're going to suck so bad.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I got to SF, realized that it's probably going to be Oto Osenieks and then quit. God we're going to suck so bad.
My guess is that Austin starts at SF, and Andre/Malik Smith play both of the guard spots.

But yeah....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
My guess is that Austin starts at SF, and Andre/Malik Smith play both of the guard spots.

But yeah....

I forgot about Malik Smith. He doesn't excite me at all though. Ellenson will probably see big minutes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Badgers lineup to difficult to project with their inexperience in the front court.

Josh Gasser
Ben Brust
Sam Dekker
Duje Dukan
Frank Kaminsky

Frosh Nigel Hayes might have a shot to start but Bo doesn't usually operate that way.

Dekker is my darkhorse for Big 10 POY. Hopefully he's at least good enough to leave early.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
All they have to do is finish 8th or better, and that should be enough to get into the NCAA Tournament.
Possibly, but only 4 ACC teams made the tourney last year. 7 if you include Louisville, Pitt, and Syracuse. FSU and UVA are always tough outs. Miami will probably suck this coming year. ND may be a tough out as well. So 10 teams for maybe around 6 or 7 spots. I just really doubt we'll beat out one of Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, Duke, UNC, FSU, UVA, or ND. We have to rely on freshmen/first year players way too much this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dekker is my darkhorse for Big 10 POY. Hopefully he's at least good enough to leave early.
I would shocked if Dekker left Wisconsin early. He'll likely never be a lottery consideration and it was a childhood dream for him to play for the Badgers and try to take them deep into the tournament.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought Chris Walker was going to be ineligible this season?
i think he still has a chance to qualify for spring semester so he could theoretically be on the team. he would just be way behind in terms of practice/game experience

edit: http://www.athleticscholarships.net/...ying-hopes.htm

Last edited by sbh15 : 07-21-2013 at 04:22 PM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Josh Gasser
Ben Brust
Sam Dekker
Duje Dukan
Frank Kaminsky

Looks like Bo is going to have to go with some small lineups because Kaminsky is the only legit player they have who is taller than 6'8" unless Anderson magically developed skills and coordination. A little more athleticism than we're used to will be fun to watch though.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Am I the only one who would like to see ten team college basketball conferences? That way, they can have 18 game, true round robin conference schedules.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
I would shocked if Dekker left Wisconsin early. He'll likely never be a lottery consideration and it was a childhood dream for him to play for the Badgers and try to take them deep into the tournament.

Probably not in this draft, but if he continues to develop I can see him as a lottery pick eventually. He's a legit 6'9 with ballhandling skills, high basketball IQ, and an all around game. Not that it necessarily means anything but draftexpress has him at #21 right now for next year in a loaded draft.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Isaac Hamilton wants out of his LOI at UTEP. He wants to go play for Midnight Andy at USC. Tim Floyd won't let him out.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

He wants to be closer to his sick grandmother. Tim Floyd is a piece of **** and I hope he never gets another big recruit again after this.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
He wants to be closer to his sick grandmother. Tim Floyd is a piece of **** and I hope he never gets another big recruit again after this.
I think he's using his sick grandmother as an excuse to get out of his LOI. In other words, I think he'd want out of UTEP regardless. If I'm wrong, then I apologize. The way I see it now, I think Tim Floyd is right in not letting him out. What's the point of an LOI if you can just back out of it? Also, he can go to USC if he wants. He'll just have to sit out a year.

On a side note, you can write into your LOI that you will be released from it if certain events happen. As an example, Robert Upshaw signed an LOI with Kansas State back in November 2011. In the LOI, it stated that he'd be released from the LOI if Frank Martin was not going to be the head coach at Kansas State in 2012. Martin left to become the head coach at South Carolina, and Upshaw was released from his LOI. He wound up at Fresno State and had a lousy freshman season.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

What's the reasoning for you thinking he's using it as an excuse? Because unless you know him personally it's nothing but a guess on your part.

And if Tim Floyd got offered a job at a legitimate program he'd be packing his bags tonight. It's an absurd double standard.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
What's the reasoning for you thinking he's using it as an excuse? Because unless you know him personally it's nothing but a guess on your part.

And if Tim Floyd got offered a job at a legitimate program he'd be packing his bags tonight. It's an absurd double standard.
There's definitely irony involved considering that USC was looking at Floyd as a head coaching candidate before they hired Enfield. I don't really consider it a double standard. The coaching contracts say that coaches can leave at any time before the contract is over if they (or the school they switch to) pay(s) the buyout.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

.....that's the double standard. LOI"s don't include an easy out if a coach decides to be a prick.