Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-16-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This offseason has been quiet... and for all the good reasons. No drama. All work. Media has nothing remotely wild to go off on and it looks like Garrett is finally getting the Cowboys in the right lime light. The commitment to bringing in high character guys are paying off.

I love this.
I like the changes. It's just all the negativity coming from the media. I listen to so much talk radio, hard for me to avoid it.

I'm just ready to get this camp going and see what we got.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I like the changes. It's just all the negativity coming from the media. I listen to so much talk radio, hard for me to avoid it.

I'm just ready to get this camp going and see what we got.
Maybe I just haven't been following closely. What's the negativity all about?

I think we're winning the SB this year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has been pretty slow, but that's May and June for ya. I've been reading the countdown on DC.com just trying to get my football fix. I guess we can put up a list of what we like, don't like, and want to see to get some life before training camp.

I like the linebackers a lot. I love me some Bruce Lee, and Durant has been a solid player for a while now. He's also still young too, so he's not some guy on his last legs. Sean Lee just needs to stay healthy. Same with Carter. I think Carter kills and goes to the Pro Bowl. I think Lee will be there too, but Carter is going to be a violent beast in the new scheme. The backups have potential too. Ernie Sims did decent enough last year to feel that he's a good backup, and there's a lot of youth behind them. Albright also can play multiple places, so if one of Bruce Lee goes down all won't be lost.

I hate the offensive line. I liked the Frederick pick, but that's all they added. Leary may be good, but even then that's still not enough considering how bad they were last year. Hopefully Parnell has grown a lot, but I don't think that they did enough to make me feel as if they won't be good enough to be average. With all the good offensive weapons I hate seeing the line be so bad. They're banking on guys improving, but I'd like to see more competition brought in besides a rookie. There is a lot to like about Frederick, but more than one man is needed.

What I'm curious about is the safeties. Particularly how good Matt Johnson and J.J. Wilcox are. Wilcox is getting some hype from those minicamps. Apparently he's always around the ball in a positive way. Matt Johnson supposedly is this really good ballhawk with tons of potential. We'll find out one way or another if either guy has what it takes this year. Church is also someone I am intrigued in as well. He looked good before the injury, but what about now? They like him a lot, and we'll see why. A lot of us have been screaming for safety help for years. This is going to give us some idea about the future.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
It has been pretty slow, but that's May and June for ya. I've been reading the countdown on DC.com just trying to get my football fix. I guess we can put up a list of what we like, don't like, and want to see to get some life before training camp.

I like the linebackers a lot. I love me some Bruce Lee, and Durant has been a solid player for a while now. He's also still young too, so he's not some guy on his last legs. Sean Lee just needs to stay healthy. Same with Carter. I think Carter kills and goes to the Pro Bowl. I think Lee will be there too, but Carter is going to be a violent beast in the new scheme. The backups have potential too. Ernie Sims did decent enough last year to feel that he's a good backup, and there's a lot of youth behind them. Albright also can play multiple places, so if one of Bruce Lee goes down all won't be lost.

I hate the offensive line. I liked the Frederick pick, but that's all they added. Leary may be good, but even then that's still not enough considering how bad they were last year. Hopefully Parnell has grown a lot, but I don't think that they did enough to make me feel as if they won't be good enough to be average. With all the good offensive weapons I hate seeing the line be so bad. They're banking on guys improving, but I'd like to see more competition brought in besides a rookie. There is a lot to like about Frederick, but more than one man is needed.

What I'm curious about is the safeties. Particularly how good Matt Johnson and J.J. Wilcox are. Wilcox is getting some hype from those minicamps. Apparently he's always around the ball in a positive way. Matt Johnson supposedly is this really good ballhawk with tons of potential. We'll find out one way or another if either guy has what it takes this year. Church is also someone I am intrigued in as well. He looked good before the injury, but what about now? They like him a lot, and we'll see why. A lot of us have been screaming for safety help for years. This is going to give us some idea about the future.
LOVE our LB's
LOVE our WR's and TE's
UNSURE about our OL, DT's and Safeties

I don't want to get carried away, but I have a feeling about Matt Johnson. Cannot wait to see him play.

Our Guards scare the hell out of me. I'm hoping Frederick can hold it down at Center and that offsets the bad play of the guards somewhat.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Brent "retired" ???
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
LOVE our LB's
LOVE our WR's and TE's
UNSURE about our OL, DT's and Safeties

I don't want to get carried away, but I have a feeling about Matt Johnson. Cannot wait to see him play.

Our Guards scare the hell out of me. I'm hoping Frederick can hold it down at Center and that offsets the bad play of the guards somewhat.
I love the WRs too. Dez could have a really big beast year if he stays healthy, but I think that Miles Austin still is a good factor when healthy. Of course that's been the problem the past few seasons, but there is some good weapons behind him. I freaking love Dwayne Harris. Dude knows how to get yards when the ball is in his hands. Cole Beasly seems like he has some potential too. I like what I'm hearing about T Williams, but he's a rookie so he can learn a bit until he's ready. The TEs are good too. If the line holds up then the offense will be killer.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love the WRs too. Dez could have a really big beast year if he stays healthy, but I think that Miles Austin still is a good factor when healthy. Of course that's been the problem the past few seasons, but there is some good weapons behind him. I freaking love Dwayne Harris. Dude knows how to get yards when the ball is in his hands. Cole Beasly seems like he has some potential too. I like what I'm hearing about T Williams, but he's a rookie so he can learn a bit until he's ready. The TEs are good too. If the line holds up then the offense will be killer.
He's so underrated to me. He's going to beat Terrance Williams out this year at least. He's a damn good blocker and I can think of numerous times we scored on a long time he was holding his block 30 yards down field on the CB, he runs great routes, knows where to be when the ball is delivered, and he came up with some pretty big clutch catches. Plus he's still young and developing so he's going to get better also, he's got the skill set to develop into a very solid #2 WR.

The weapons are there, it's all about Demarco staying healthy and our line improving. Our D will be good enough at least, won't be top 5 but our LB's are amazing and I'm not worried about our OLB's going to DE one bit. If Murray is there we are controlling the game, and I like our odds most of the time in that scenario.

That said, if we get a ton of injuries or Doug Free starts at RT all bets are off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 07-18-2013 at 08:14 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one posted it here but probably already saw. Josh Brent retires from the NFL. Saves Dallas from having to pay any penalties by cutting him and if he ever returns from jail the team will have first choice at giving him a shot.

Pretty much what everyone wanted. Dallas had asked the NFL to make a ruling i.e. suspend him immediately so that they didn't have to pay him and could place him on the inactive list but Brent accelerated the process.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ick. Dallas looking into signing Demetress Bell for more depth at OT. Rumor has it they want someone that is worse than Free to give him a confidence boost.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a cool piece on UDFA LB Brandon Magee, someone I'm rooting for to make the final 53.

TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ratliff and Mack apparently suffered hammy injuries during yesterday's conditioning test and are starting camp on the PUP list. Not a huge deal but that's usually a sign of coming in out of shape.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Guess this means that Lissemore gets more time to work. I have faith in him, so I'm not too worried yet. The guard thing scares me though. I didn't like Mack as it is, but they already have Leary and Livings being day to day right now.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 20s
Jerry's draft-weekend statement that DL is a strength for the Cowboys sounds worse by the day.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so angry right now.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Crawford was carted off the field a little while ago, they're saying achilles and it doesn't look good.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like our suspicions are going to be rigth.Early team reports say they believe it's a torn Achilles for Tyrone Crawford

According to @calvinwatkins Anthony Spencer tweaked his knee in Sat conditioning test and he didn't work in team drills today

MRI results on Ratliff reveal just minor strain ... Should be day-to-day

Great start....smh

Edit.... Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 1m
Stephen Jones confirms that Tyrone Crawford suffered season-ending torn Achilles. Points to Barry Church as proof can come back strong.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 07-21-2013 at 09:38 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here we go again....
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How important was that guy who got hurt? Is he valuable piece to the defense?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He's a rotational player, but the problem is our depth across the DL isn't the best.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He was one of our better reserve DL and had positional flex at either DE or 3T.

We were just thin on the DL to begin with, so it stings.

We've got another guy Kyle Wilber we drafted in Round 4 last year as a 3-4 OLB so I imagine they'll look to him as the next guy up, but he's a little undersized. That's what hurts about losing Crawford, he went about 6-4 280 but still brought plus pass rushing skills... kinda in that Justin Tuck mold.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 07-22-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when do we sign Sedrick Ellis? I'm sure it's another DE out there for depth we cna bring in too.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I hate seeing Crawford hurt because this would be a great year for him to show a lot of faith in the coaches. I like his athleticism, and going back to the 4-3 I thought he'd be a really good spell player for both Ware and Spencer. Hopefully the rehab goes well.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Not liking that Miles Austin has been struggling in practice, he's a veteran and even though it's early that's not a good sign for him. Looks like it'll be a ton of Dez this year as we saw with TO for all those years and a bunch of Witten moving the chains. As long as we keep Dez and Murray healthy on offense I think we'll be fine.

Glad Bass is getting some 1st team looks let's see what we have there and if it's not where it needs to be sign Richard Seymour.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Did anyone catch the scrimmage? From what I hear the young guys are looking pretty good at multiple positions.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Did anyone catch the scrimmage? From what I hear the young guys are looking pretty good at multiple positions.
If Tanney plays like he did in the scrimmages in the preseason games we'll carry 3 QBs. He's got a nice skillset and can move. I noticed him when I watched it live (on dallascowboys.com) but went back and watched him more after BtB reported that he has a lot of parallels with a former undrafted QB gem from 2002 ;)

WR Eric Rogers is going to push Beasley REAAALLLYYYY hard for a spot on the roster. I would not be shocked at us taking 6 WRs this year at the expense of a 4th RB. We are DEEP at the position and that's not even accounting a guy I thought was a shoe-in but can't find the field (Coale).

If you are into watching them scrimmage check this :)

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...b-8a15ea29a2f4

You'll have to skip around a bit thinking the majority of the walkthrough stuff starts at 46:00. It's awesome though to watch the lineman go at it.

From practice reports though I'm excited about the Ware/Smith battle on the edge. Tyron locks him down for long periods of time and then all of a sudden Ware pulls out a rip and spin, or bends around the edge. Seen multiple reports on BtB that Ware is as physically dominant as he ever has been. The fact Tyron is able to keep qiet-ish is a testiment to his growth.

Archer had a nice scrimmage breakdown :) Bolded a few bits.

Also reportedly per BtB but Arkin has been impressing albeit still raw and needs a ton of work but enough so that they are penciling him in as the lead backup at guard and advocating cutting Big Mac whom is struggling to see the field again.

Last edited by Trogdor : 07-29-2013 at 05:32 PM.