Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had it my way I would take Star at 4 if available or trade back and take a guy like Xavier Rhodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, I wish more eagles fans posted here. Went over to an eagles message board to get more discussion and let me tell ya...by far the dumbest ******* group of people I have ever listened too.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah its pretty bad. I haven't been following football as closely as I have in years past and I still feel like I'm able to come a a reasonable, realistic, unbiased opinion easier than most of the ones in other places.

Now that Star has checked out medically, I really hope he is the pick. He has the best chance of anyone in this class to become a big time player, and (outside of the QBs) the best chance to be an impact, star player. He's got everything you want in a top DL prospect, size, strength, athleticism, and smarts. Just where I'm at.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Yeah its pretty bad. I haven't been following football as closely as I have in years past and I still feel like I'm able to come a a reasonable, realistic, unbiased opinion easier than most of the ones in other places.

Now that Star has checked out medically, I really hope he is the pick. He has the best chance of anyone in this class to become a big time player, and (outside of the QBs) the best chance to be an impact, star player. He's got everything you want in a top DL prospect, size, strength, athleticism, and smarts. Just where I'm at.
I agree, I am for Star or a trade back if possible. I really do not like the idea of Dion Jordan.

Quote:
Old 04-03-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith visiting Philly today. This seems a little too elaborate to be a smokescreen.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I agree, I am for Star or a trade back if possible. I really do not like the idea of Dion Jordan.
If Star is gone, I wouldn't be opposed to Dion. i personally like the body and skillset he brings to the table. Much like Star has versatility, so does Dion, its just their ranges are slightly different. Chip values versatility, so neither would be a surprise for me, though I do prefer Star, not only because of my opinion of him as a prospect, but the needs on the team right now are more toward DL rather than rush backer, which is what I think Dion's primary role would be.

I also am not completely opposed to Geno Smith. Either way, when you are the #4 team on the draft board, you better at least do your due diligence and scout what most people feel is the #1 QB in the class, especially when your QB situation is as murky as ours. I'd imagine it isn't completely a smokescreen or a genuine interest, things of these nature can never be. When you are a GM you are almost playing poker, and trying to figure out how to handle each card (player) and how your opponents will think based off your actions.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
If Star is gone, I wouldn't be opposed to Dion. i personally like the body and skillset he brings to the table. Much like Star has versatility, so does Dion, its just their ranges are slightly different. Chip values versatility, so neither would be a surprise for me, though I do prefer Star, not only because of my opinion of him as a prospect, but the needs on the team right now are more toward DL rather than rush backer, which is what I think Dion's primary role would be.

I also am not completely opposed to Geno Smith. Either way, when you are the #4 team on the draft board, you better at least do your due diligence and scout what most people feel is the #1 QB in the class, especially when your QB situation is as murky as ours. I'd imagine it isn't completely a smokescreen or a genuine interest, things of these nature can never be. When you are a GM you are almost playing poker, and trying to figure out how to handle each card (player) and how your opponents will think based off your actions.
Good post, agreed on all points. Star is my favorite and I'm hoping he's the pick. We would also be the perfect place for Dion Jordan to go to. Make no mistake he's a bit of a project. He needs to continue strengthening that shoulder and he needs to add weight to his frame. We could bring him along slowly like the Texans did with Mercilus last year. His physical ability is rare and he could be an elite pass rusher one day.

There aren't really any players that we would realistically take that would make me throw my remote at the tv.

*Assuming we don't have an out-of-left-field Danny Watkins selection*

If the FO decides Geno is worth the pick then I trust their judgment and won't be upset. We need a qb of the future and don't currently have one.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Why would the Eagles draft Dion Jordan?

That basically puts Brandon Graham on the bench. Graham is the single most talented pass rusher of anyone on the roster OR in the draft. He has Defensive Player of the Year potential.

To put him on the bench for some rookie (who doesn't even have great pass rush stats in college) would be criminal. It's bad enough they signed Connor Barwin which puts into doubt Graham's starting status.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Everything that has came out points to the Eagles running the 4-3 over look that is being ran in Seattle. Cole/Graham/Hunt/ all fit into the "predator" role that is the stand up end, while right now the only guy we would have to play the SAM is Barwin and I feel that would be why Dion would be drafted.

The guy is so raw right now, and its not like most rushers that come out. He's very polished as a coverage guy right now, and lacks a lot in the rush department. Very soft against the run as well...while he is raw and has some extreme ability, I just don't think he's gonna work out. Barwin can play the SAM, and Graham/Cole will rotate at the predator.

Make Star the pick and play him at the 5 technique, and let him get on the nose as well.

Barwin---Demeco---Kendricks
Star---ICE----Cox---Graham/Cole
T---G---C---G---T

Would be the ideal look, and I think it would be a damn good looking front 7.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That looks about right. They definitely need a guy who could play 5 and Star can also play some 1 or 3 so that's good.

I just don't think he's that sought after honestly. I think teams have him in the teens, not top 5.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

The only picks that make sense for the Eagles if they stay at #4 are:

1. One of the top DTs: Star Lotulelei or Shariff Floyd
2. One of the top OTs: Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher

That's it.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey dudes.

Is Dion Lewis decent for a COP back to Trent?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Hey dudes.

Is Dion Lewis decent for a COP back to Trent?
He's definitely a change of pace to Trent, that's for sure. He's got quicks, and some really quick feet when he is assertive in his running, but I've noticed he is hesitant as a runner sometimes, and doesn't always see the cutback lane open up. He always seemed more comfortable running off the edge, but he's still young, and has shown the ability to get some big chunks of yardage when he touches the ball.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the addition of Acho, doesn't seem to hurt. We have a sick RB carousel with McCoy, Brown, and Polk anyway.

As the draft approaches, trading down is looking better and better. I really do not want Dion Jordan. Probably only player who just screams bust.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I like the addition of Acho, doesn't seem to hurt. We have a sick RB carousel with McCoy, Brown, and Polk anyway.

As the draft approaches, trading down is looking better and better. I really do not want Dion Jordan. Probably only player who just screams bust.
Ya I want to see us take a player who is good value at a position of need. Star's my #1 choice. I just don't view OLB as big enough of a need to take Jordan at #4.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I mentioned it in the bust thread. Jordan is a Manny Lawson clone...and you don't take those guys in the top 5. They're nice to have...but not top 5 worthy.

In the mock draft controlling the eagles right now, I like it...not as much as I expected but still good

- Traded 4th overall and got Revis and picked up pick 39 as well.
- Also got Revis to extend his contract 4 years.

- 2a) Jesse Williams
- Figured he would jump in at the 5 tech this season and be the long term guy at the nose when ICE isn't around anymore.

- 2b) Barrett Jones
- Gives us a guy who can play every position on the line and likely start right away at right guard (we traded Watkins). Also familiarity with the O Line coach.

- 3) Bacarri Rambo
- Was one of our favorite safties in the draft. Good back up and insurance policy if Kenny goes down.

- 4) Matt Scott
- May have been a reach, but I like him more and more as a fit in this scheme. Is supposedly up to 215 which is way up from his 196 playing weight at U of A. I feel he is also underrated as a passer.

- 5) Luke Marquardt
- Thought he was a guy with a ton of upside, we wanted Queesenberry but he didnt make it to our pick and we wanted at least one guy at tackle.

- 5b) (Aquired of Tradeing Brent Celek) Knile Davis
- Took him with the believe he is an unbelievable change of pace to Shady and Bryce. He has great measurables and even though he didnt live up to expectations this past season he was also coming off a leg injury.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
yno88
Rookie

yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I mentioned it in the bust thread. Jordan is a Manny Lawson clone...and you don't take those guys in the top 5. They're nice to have...but not top 5 worthy.
Interesting comparison. I still think he's in the picture with Kelly there.

No one has ever said, "we have WAY too many pass rushers."
yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Robbieb7
Rookie

Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.

1. Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M or Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
2. Matt Elam SS Florida
3. Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State
4. Bennie Logan DT LSU
5. Kwame Geathers NT Georgia
7. Michael Mauti ILB Penn State
7. Michael Clay OLB Oegon
7. Nickell Robey CB USC
7. Courtney Gardner WR Sierra College
Robbieb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieb7 View Post
1. Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M or Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
2. Matt Elam SS Florida
3. Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State
4. Bennie Logan DT LSU
5. Kwame Geathers NT Georgia
7. Michael Mauti ILB Penn State
7. Michael Clay OLB Oegon
7. Nickell Robey CB USC
7. Courtney Gardner WR Sierra College
Robey is going to go before the 7th. Hes a great cover corner, just sucks hes not that big. He will be a great pick up for someone who needs a nickel.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Good call with the Lane Johnson pick. Kinda sucks to think we had the #4 overall pick and we ended up with the 3rd best offensive tackle in the class. Building through the trenches was the smart, safe play though. Hopefully we get a defensive playmaker today.

Nonetheless, it was a crazy first round. Geno Smith is looking like a good value with our 2nd rounder, if we were to go QB at all through this draft.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Robey is going to go before the 7th. Hes a great cover corner, just sucks hes not that big. He will be a great pick up for someone who needs a nickel.
Shows how much I know.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Training camp is coming up! Let's re-energize this discussion!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:09 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree we need to breathe some life into this part of the forum.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:24 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok real fast the 5 things that have me interested the most as early traning camp gets started

1. obviously the QB competition having all of them there and competing. I think with Peters and Kelce healthy the line is going to be much improved and with Kelly's system i think both Foles and Vick could excel in the new system.

2. Lane Johnson and how he translates to the NFL. He is big and fast and paired with Peters could have one of the best bookends in the NFl.

3. Zach Ertz and James Casey both getting some time early in camp. With Ertz being a rookie and Casey missing the early camps will want to see how Kelly uses him.

4. Joe Kruger. Now i know late pick but if he has anywhere the motor his brother Paul has he may get some snaps early this season. I love players like this that just have fight in them.

5. Ifeanyi Momah has he recovered from the knee and able to be an asset. unreal tall frame for a WR.

Honorable mention Jordan Poyer. Took a major slide on draft day could be a good depth pick.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The QB competition will be interesting to watch. My questions:

1. Are they really trying to run 80-90 snaps a game? We have no idea what things will look like. Even with advanced conditioning, I worry about the OLine.

2. How will Kenny Phillips do/can he stay healthy? He has a bum knee and is a huge risk, which is why the Giants let him walk. He is on a 1 year deal. When healthy, he is the best safety since Dawk (not saying much). If he fails, it is up to Chung/Wolf to rally.

3. How will the WR position shake out after DeSean? Obviously, DJax is a huge asset for Chip Kelly's offense with his speed and explosiveness. I'm very high on him, actually. I'm not 100% sure that Maclin/Avant/Cooper/Benn and others fit exactly. Maclin is a talent, but he has had some health issues and might not fit with Kelly's system. Obviously, Celek/Ertz add some bulk at the seams as well...

4. All about the front 7. Lots of new faces, new DC. I worry about Cole especially fitting in the 3-4. Graham has some experience in that role and could drop. Converting to a 3-4 from a 4-3 can take time. I have no idea what to expect, but I'm hoping for a turnaround because there is talent in town.

Call me cautiously optimistic about this Eagles team. I was a huge Gus Bradley booster, and I wanted him as the HC over Kelly from the start. However, I really like what I'm reading about the energy and culture change that Kelly has brought. I'm always going to stand by the team, of course.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote