Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-21-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think Hill is done. They talk up Mundy all the time and then I have a feeling Thomas if decent moves to S.
Coach Merritt has already said that Mundy is number 3, and was really talking both Mundy and Brown up quite a but. That was prior to Hill's latest incident.

Another factor with that "3rd safety" role is that in past seasons we have looked at Terrell Thomas and Jaquain Williams in that role. If both are healthy, that gives us more options.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like Coach Merritt. I never came away impressed by him.

I also wouldn't read too much into anything right now guys. It's the offseason. Everyone is in the best shape of their life, everyone is determined to be the best they can be, everyone looks great and has improved, everyone got bigger/faster/stronger, everyone got smarter, etc.

It's the offseason. We hear this fluff every year. Until the live bullets start flying it's just words.

I'm pretty bummed out about Hill. I thought we had something there. That whole Florida team outside of Tebow looks like it was just littered with turds.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And for the record I love Dick LeBeau. He's one of the greatest innovators of the game. I just don't think he deserves majority credit for the Steelers super bowls. I just can't agree with that at all.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What's taking Pugh and Nassib so long to sign their deals? I can kind of sort of understand Pugh, but Nassib? Get your backup qb ass signed already.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably thought he was worth more because he was graded as a higher draft pick.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm sure that's what it is. And bc he's stuck behind Eli he probably wants more money bc it's going to be harder for him to get on the field and prove his worth like other drafted qbs.

But at the end of the day, you were a 4th round draft pick. It's not like he was a late 1st or something. Get it done already.

I'm actually excited to see Nassib. I think this is the first developmental mid round qb we've drafted with legit potential. It's enjoyable seeing a qb grow and develop.

He has all the tools, and he reminds me of Eli in some ways. I think he has potential.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Who are the your breakout players this year? Rookies don't count, since they haven't played yet.

I think my breakout guys are:

-Andre Brown
-Rueben Randle
-Adrian Tracy
-Prince Amukamara
Old 07-23-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breakout as in NFL breakout or just become key members of the team?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Key member.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Will Hill was going to be on my list until he threw it all way. I want to put JWill on there too but his injury history scares me. Adrien Robinson is a year away from what I read about him, but I do expect him to become a good player for us. Just not this season.

I've all but given up on the following:

-Marvin Austin
-Jernigan
-Brewer
-McCants
-Herzlich
-Ojomo
Old 07-23-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given up on Ojomo? He was an undrafted free agent last year. Good thing we didn't give up on Cruz after 1 year.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Huge difference btw Cruz and Ojomo: athleticism.

Cruz produced and also displayed elite athleticism. He was quick, strong, balanced, flexible, he had the ability to translate that production into legitimate production vs starter caliber players.

Ojomo doesn't have the tools needed to succeed. He's slow off the LOS, has poor change of direction speed, and is stiff.

His sack totals were outliers. He'll come crashing down this year. Tracy is much better than him.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Key member.
I already think Prince and Brown are considered very key members of the team after last year so I wouldn't include them.

I'd say Randle, Pugh, and hopefully one of the LB's would be the ones that jump out to me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-23-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Call me crazy, but I don't think Pugh starts this year until someone gets hurt. Coughlin isn't going to bench Diehl for Pugh outright. Diehl will win the battle and then if anyone on the interior OL or Diehl himself gets hurt, then i see Pugh getting a start and never looking back.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If it's the same looking Diehl as last year Pugh should have no trouble looking better than him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-23-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't see Coughlin benching Diehl though. It's a veteran/respect thing, Coughlin never just gives a job to a rookie, even when he's good.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I do agree with you on that but I think there is going to be such a noticeable difference between the two that he forces his hand. It all depends on how NFL ready Pugh is though I suppose. Let's hope Reese & Co. have the ducks in a row on this.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-23-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. The coaching staff and Reese LOVES Diehl. He sucks now, but he's their kind of guy. Boothe too.

So it will be interesting to see how this plays out, bc the obvious call is start Pugh, but there are other factors involved and I'm sure they want to tread water carefully with this one.

Especially since Diehl is off the books after this year anyway, they can just quietly let him go without hurting any feelings next year.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And after he leaves, he will get 0 looks in FA. Still amazes me how many OL starters we have that can't even find a roster spot on another team. Seubert, O'hara, McKenzie...
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's a respect thing. The Giants keep all their guys one year longer than they should. That's just how they roll.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Pugh doesn't hold out. He better get his butt to camp on time. I hope old man TC gives Pugh a fair shake.

In other news, I decided to go to PA school. Its a lot shorter than med school and I will be 32 in 10 days so I don't want to be 42 when I am a done.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Congrats bro. Have you ever considered podiatry? Or pharmacy?
Old 07-24-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Congrats NYG!

As much as I love football I'm not ready for it to start yet. This is happening to quickly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-24-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Congrats bro. Have you ever considered podiatry? Or pharmacy?

Thanks man. Everyone was telling me to don't do medicine because it will be so long but I said I would. Now I realize that it would take too long and I don't we t to be 42 when its all over.

I wasn't interested in Pharma but I did research podiatry. I think its long term viability was a career will be threatened especially is Orthopods can do what they do. I think their school and mission needs to be changed or that line of work will go extinct basically. So I researched that industry from student and I came away unimpressed. PA is the number 1 by Forbes in terms of graduate degree and upcoming field. I want to get that as its going up. With Obamacsare passing I think health care will not work well. Doctors will get hurt by this meaning more PAs hired because they will be cheaper.

So, let's see how it works out and where I can get admission.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Thanks man. Everyone was telling me to don't do medicine because it will be so long but I said I would. Now I realize that it would take too long and I don't we t to be 42 when its all over.

I wasn't interested in Pharma but I did research podiatry. I think its long term viability was a career will be threatened especially is Orthopods can do what they do. I think their school and mission needs to be changed or that line of work will go extinct basically. So I researched that industry from student and I came away unimpressed. PA is the number 1 by Forbes in terms of graduate degree and upcoming field. I want to get that as its going up. With Obamacsare passing I think health care will not work well. Doctors will get hurt by this meaning more PAs hired because they will be cheaper.

So, let's see how it works out and where I can get admission.
Cool, that's great. Sounds like you really did some good research on this. Good luck bro.

How many years is it?