Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not trying to say its not a big deal... BUT im also 24 like Von and I did some DUMB things while in College, I know he isnt in college but none the less he is a 24 year old millionaire, that is a pretty big name... It took me a 2nd drinking ticket and loss of scholarship to really get my head on straight and kind of distance my self from my fraternity shenanigans.

Im hoping that actually being suspended maybe just one game or maybe he isnt able to appeal anything and it is 4 games, i would much rather this happen now so he can get his life together and get focused... because it all actuallity if Von has been able to do what he has so far and still live the party life etc, i could only imagine what he would do at 100% dedication.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
who gives a ****? he knowingly broke rules multiple times, in spite of being caught. he's essentially told the team, his teammates, and the fans that he doesn't give a **** about football.

i have no idea why everyone always wants to make it all better for these douchebags, or wants to pretend like they're anything other than douchebags.
Yep. I'm all for what Colorado has done to decriminalize, but the fact is the NFLPA and NFL agreed in the CBA that it is a banned substance. The legality of use is irrelevant. If it is in fact for weed, he is not being suspended for breaking the law. He is being suspended for violating a policy his union agreed to.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it is what it is, you might think it reflects negatively on him because he "doesn't care about the fans or his teammates" but at the end of the day it is his life and the whole celebrity/role model thing is just a facade. i'm sure he will apologize to his teammates if the suspension isn't overturned and he has to miss four games this season. if he violated the rules it stands to reason that he will face the consequences and move on. and you can't compare what he may have done to drinking a beer on the job, he wasn't caught rolling during practice.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
... if Von has been able to do what he has so far and still live the party life etc, i could only imagine what he would do at 100% dedication.
The same can be said for many, many rock stars over the years.
MidwestJimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is now being quoted that it is "absolutely" not marijuana. What could it be? Usually don't get suspended for anything alcohol related unless accompanied by some kind of disorderly conduct or DUI.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
who said anything about a role model? he ****** over the team because he's a selfish idiot. and i can compare it to any other workplace violation i can imagine, since it's ultimately the same bloody thing.

why this rush to defend a player who, pending the appeal, did something demonstrably wrong, and that could well endanger the team he plays for and his future career? it was morally idiotic (with regards to his employer) and it was economically idiotic. there's no excuse that can possibly be made.
i'm certainly not going to make excuses for him, but you can't really say that he doesn't care about the fans or his team because of some offseason incident. what he did was stupid, we can leave it at that.

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 07-24-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
i really don't want to sound like that guy, but i thought the verdict was still out regarding the long-term negative affects of MDMA, especially that which is supposedly more "pure" (e.g. "molly" as opposed to ecstasy) and thus absent of the allegedly more dangerous potential additives (heroin, cocaine).

i'm certainly not going to argue whether or not it was stupid for him to engage in behavior that would lead to him violating the league's policy and getting suspended, but on the spectrum of things that lead me to question a person's "character", getting caught doing party drugs during the offseason is pretty frivolous. at least he wasn't out getting wasted at a bar and assaulting someone.
you might be right...this molly stuff is newer and purer and maybe not as harmful. I remember when I was a teenager and thizz (ecstasy) pills were all the rage and I saw people turn themselves into retards from it. I would expect Molly has some similar sideeffects, but Im not an expert on this I just know the stuff can be pretty serious, and its also a felony to possess it. As far as weed goes, I dont believe it does much of anything to decrease mental abilities, everyone reacts to it somewhat different, in my personal experience some of the smartest and most respoinsible and trustworthy people ive even known smoked all the damn time - however I would say weed can expect motivation - and that aint good for someone who is trying to become one of the best ever.If he is smoking weed, maybe it could contribute to him getting complacent and just being happy with being a goodass player and not strive to be the best. From what I hear, there is a high percentage of pro players in all leagues who smoke weed and get away with it. But the molly is troubling and kinda careless. Nothing too bad is gonna happen to you from smoking weed, a lot of bad **** can happen from the more serious drugs, and its just hard to understand why someone with so much to lose would risk it all.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
I'm not saying it wont have an impact but for an offense that has been working all off-season on being more explosive and playing at a MUCH higher pace....

so pretty much the offense is looking to score even more than they did last year, Manning should be better all reports say he is almost back to where he was pre-injury...

So im not worried about us not being able to win the games because i think the offense will be able to handle any team they face in the first 4 weeks.
well you have to play the last 2 superbowl champs to start the season...If Millers out, I foresee an 0-2 start. Raiders should be a win, but week 4 at philly can be tough. whos gonna maintain the perimeter against vick and mccoy? I say 1-3 start...but they have an easy second half so they should still probly win the division.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
well you have to play the last 2 superbowl champs to start the season...If Millers out, I foresee an 0-2 start. Raiders should be a win, but week 4 at philly can be tough. whos gonna maintain the perimeter against vick and mccoy? I say 1-3 start...but they have an easy second half so they should still probly win the division.
Who is going to stop Peyton Manning from dropping bombs on the secondary?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
who gives a ****? he knowingly broke rules multiple times, in spite of being caught. he's essentially told the team, his teammates, and the fans that he doesn't give a **** about football.

i have no idea why everyone always wants to make it all better for these douchebags, or wants to pretend like they're anything other than douchebags.
But...but...but Von Miller is a model citizen! Look how good he is at football!

LMFAO at the folks wiping his ass and trying to downplay his stupidity.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 07-24-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
He is now being quoted that it is "absolutely" not marijuana. What could it be? Usually don't get suspended for anything alcohol related unless accompanied by some kind of disorderly conduct or DUI.
The NFL cannot and will not release what he failed for. Therefore he can deny anything.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't bothered by his actions until this...

Quote:
I don’t think I let my teammates down. Everybody has tough moments.
Not being on the field with your teammates is about the most direct way to let them down. I don't get him, now.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
The offense is really going to have to pick up some slack. There isn't anyone to fear on that defense (except maybe Champ) now that Miller and Doom are gone for those games. The will still probably be at least 2-2 and maybe 3-1 but it is considerably harder now. 2 wins could be a home field deciding factor at the end of the year.

I'm super intrigued by Philly right now. They have talent but sucked it up last year. I think either the new Chip offense will surprise everyone and destroy teams or just fall flat on its face. I just have no idea which one it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I wasn't bothered by his actions until this...

Not being on the field with your teammates is about the most direct way to let them down. I don't get him, now.
I agree. Own up to what happened and it wouldn't be a big deal in the long run.

I do think the "he's a douchebag" stuff is a bit hyperbolic still. I don't think douchebag is synonymous with "stupid" or "careless."
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't he get flagged for testing positive for weed and amphetamine when he was a rookie? Has that been mentioned? As in, this drug test came about because he was already in the drug-testing program because he'd been failed already, and then this happened? Clearly not an isolated incident. I've got no problem with the smoking of weed in general, but if a professional teams and thousands of fans were counting on my presence on gamedays, you'd better believe I'd be staying clean. The whole "I don't feel like I've let the team down" line is really off-putting. Doesn't really matter if "weed should be legal," you know you're going to be busted if you get caught, and when you're a star player in the NFL there's a lot more at stake than getting a misdemeanor.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have also read via sources that he might have actually just missed a test thus he was flagged. I know he could have missed it on purpose so he didnt test positive... but without information out there we are all just guessing.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks like Mike Singletary with his box looking face and gigantic glasses.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
getting caught for the umpteenth time doing recreational drugs isn't anywhere near careless, by any definition of the word. it's utterly moronic. and given the nfl's testing, and given that it was basically inevitable he'd get caught, suggests a conscious lack of concern for the team. period.

i have no idea how you can defend multiple failed drug tests as if it's somehow ok that a guy went out of his way to ensure he wouldn't be able to play. if my co-worker went out of his way to fail a drug test, knowing full well what my company's testing policy was, and screwed me on a major project, he'd be a douchebag, too.

but then, i guess some folks don't care because like, drugs are cool, and they're athletes and can't be held responsible for making rational decisions and stuff.
Is this a Miller thing or a pot thing? It seems like a rant on Miller mixed with an anti "drug" crusade.

I'm curious what it was, apparently they won't tell exactly, so we won't know. It's legal to smoke marijuana in Denver, I want to know the context of what he did. If its for pain issues, marijuana is a better alternative(particularly indica strains) than say a perscription drug that's primary base is opiates(the main compound in heroin).

If he didn't want to risk addiction(ala Favre or countless other players), maybe pot was his alternative, I don't know.

I will say, he has shown an uncaring attitude though. I can care less if someone smokes pot, its less harmful for you then almost anything out there. But it stays in your system longer, so if he's going to do it, he should atleast try to cover it up or take precautions. There are all sorts of ways to do it. I'm dissapointed in him, that he allowed it to get this far though.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

Last edited by elway=goat : 07-25-2013 at 02:16 PM.
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

Quote:
of course i can. he did something that caused him to get suspended. that's literally the definition of not caring about his teammates or the fans. he's off the field because he took recreational drugs, knowing full well that getting caught meant a suspension. i can't imagine doing something more idiotic or more self-serving to get taken off the field.
your statements seem to imply that he was consciously weighing the pros and cons of his actions in rea-time. he did something stupid, whether or not you think that makes him a 'douchebag' is entirely up to you and your own personal biases.

Quote:
but then, i guess some folks don't care because like, drugs are cool, and they're athletes and can't be held responsible for making rational decisions and stuff
i do agree he should be held responsible, a la the 4 game suspension. (well, unless of course his appeal goes through)

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 07-25-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've known plenty of people who stopped smoking weed because their employer did random drug testing.

He wasn't being stupid so much as he just wasn't giving a ****.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
He wasn't being stupid so much as he just wasn't giving a ****.
Completely get what you're saying.

My personal opinion is that that not giving a **** is "being stupid."

But those that don't give a.... will argue that.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can definitely relate one's not giving a **** to being stupid. It just depends on circumstances.

In this case, if he didn't give a **** about smoking weed, being that he is a multi-millionaire athlete in the beginning of his career, not giving a **** definitely correlates to being stupid.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
You can definitely relate one's not giving a **** to being stupid. It just depends on circumstances.

In this case, if he didn't give a **** about smoking weed, being that he is a multi-millionaire athlete in the beginning of his career, not giving a **** definitely correlates to being stupid.
Especially since he is on record saying he doesn't feel he let his teammates down.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
there's no anti-drug crusade. there's just 'don't break the rules of employment you agreed to, thereby compromising your team's ability to play at it's best'.

why are you looking for an anti-drug message? von miller is a douchebag for consciously ******* over his team, through stupid personal choices. he knew he was being tested. he knew (again, presuming the appeal is denied) that the substance he was taking was banned. and he did it anyways. it's not less than a willful and conscientious choice to care less about his team and the people who pay his salary than a temporary high.
Not at all, it was just an observation of you belittling or subtly dismissing people having a discussion about drugs, who may have a not popular national opinion, in a thread about a player on drugs. Not trying to argu, or have a drug debate. It was just an observaton..

Overall, I agree with you somewhat about Miller. I don't necessarily care about the pot like I said, but if it has been going on since 2011, its disappointing that he has not taken precations knowing he's going to be tested. Just not as animated as you. I think this has been the most frantic, pissed off I have seen you about a Bronco getting busted over something.

Look on the bright side, atleast it's at the start of the season, atleast its not mid season like Merrimen, or the end of the season like Peppers. Assuming he loses his appeal, he gets it out of the way, and he comes in week 5 fresh and ready to go for the season. Hopfully, he learns from it and he and the Broncos can move on. Shouldn't hurt us too bad.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
This almost suggests guilt. If he really didn't do ANYTHING wrong, then he wouldn't jump up and say, "It wasn't Marijuana." He would just confidently maintain his innocence.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote