Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-20-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
In a keeper league, who wins this deal?

Team A gets:

Lamar miller
3rd round pick

Team B gets:

Shady McCoy
6th round pick
Team B easily, IMO. Miller has a lot of hype for this upcoming season whereas McCoy has proven production. Give me Shady.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
it depends on how highly team A values Lamar Miller. also slightly on the value that can be obtained in round 3 versus 6. if I were in any keeper league with 10+ owners I would want to be team B
The team giving away values Miller a lot but not against moving him. They like shady more.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
The team giving away values Miller a lot but not against moving him. They like shady more.
yeah i don't see the 3 round difference as being worth more than Shady over Miller. i'd take team b's side
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'd go with McCoys side of the trade. I think one of the things that need to be considered also is who you project to be there with the draft picks.

I don't know who all is being kept, how many and what the exact rules of the league are, but are we projecting 3 player per team so basically the first 3 rounds of the draft are gone?

Either way I have a hard time leaning Millers way
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm starting to think about actually targeting Calvin with any 1st round pick outside of the top 2 in ten player leagues. i did a mock earlier from pick 6 and ended up with

romo/flacco
ridley/ch.johnson/bell/bernard/redman
ca.johnson/colston/jordy/m.williams/l.moore
pitta/jordan
packers
tynes
Old 07-21-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm not big on shady either, but i like reliability and i feel like morris gives you that. tbh, all of my top rb's are pretty much on the same level after AD. here's how i have the ones that i think are worth a first ranked and this changes every day:

1. Adrian Peterson
--------------
2. Arian Foster
3. Jamaal Charles
--------------
4. Alfred Morris
5. C.J. Spiller
6. Marshawn Lynch
7. Ray Rice
8. Doug Martin
9. Lesean McCoy
10. Trent Richardson
Mine is:

1) Arian Foster
2) Doug Martin
3) Adrian Peterson
4) Trent Richardson
5) Stevan Ridley
6) Marshawn Lynch
7) CJ Spiller
8) LeSean McCoy
9) Chris Johnson
10) Maurice Jones-Drew

This is my point projection, however, I would take AP over Martin because he's pretty much a guarantee as long as he stays healthy. I Downgrade Richardson due to potential injuries etc.

So this is not how I'd draft
Old 07-21-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arent you guys the least bit worried about Foster? I mean, he has a ton of miles on his tires already, and has battled hamstring issues numerous times... Dont know if im being overly cautious, but I think he might be on the decline..

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 07-21-2013 at 10:08 PM.
SunTzu_22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

For my Titans' sake I hope he's on the decline, but I don't think that's the case. Either way, the guys averaged almost 16 tds a season the past 3 seasons. Even on the decline, he should be a 1200yd 12td back as long as he doesn't miss games.

My problem with Foster is consistency, he had 4 games last season where he finished with under 50 yds rushing. Personally, I'm all in on Doug Martin. If I had the #1 pick I'd take him.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i'm starting to think about actually targeting Calvin with any 1st round pick outside of the top 2 in ten player leagues.
I usually take Calvin at 4 unless AP, Martin, Foster are around. It's a toss up between CJ Spiller and Calvin for me if the previous 3 are gone
Old 07-21-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
For my Titans' sake I hope he's on the decline, but I don't think that's the case. Either way, the guys averaged almost 16 tds a season the past 3 seasons. Even on the decline, he should be a 1200yd 12td back as long as he doesn't miss games.

My problem with Foster is consistency, he had 4 games last season where he finished with under 50 yds rushing. Personally, I'm all in on Doug Martin. If I had the #1 pick I'd take him.
I think D-Mart is an absolute rock-solid bet for a minimum of 1500 total yards and 10 TDs. He's durable, has fresh young legs, and will see a huge workload. He's also got upside to really do special stat-wise if things go right in Tampa.

But I just can't pass on AD. He's one of the best at his position of all time. I have first pick in my big league so I'm curious as to why you don't like AD first?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick my first draft apart boys. 12-teams (non-money league)

QB - Joe Flacco
RB - Marshawn Lynch
RB - Matt Forte
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Mike Wallace
Flex - Reggie Bush
TE - Jared Cook
Def - Rams
K - Garrett Hartley

Bench - Tavon Austin, Michael Bush, Aaron Dobson, Alshon Jeffery, Zac Stacy, Sam Bradford, Giovani Bernard

Lot of Rams I know lol. It's a mess.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Pick my first draft apart boys. 12-teams (non-money league)

QB - Joe Flacco
RB - Marshawn Lynch
RB - Matt Forte
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Mike Wallace
Flex - Reggie Bush
TE - Jared Cook
Def - Rams
K - Garrett Hartley

Bench - Tavon Austin, Michael Bush, Aaron Dobson, Alshon Jeffery, Zac Stacy, Sam Bradford, Giovani Bernard

Lot of Rams I know lol. It's a mess.

It's fantasy football though, it's supposed to be fun and enjoyable and nothing better then watching the guys on your team every week so I'm the same way lol. I think it looks really good if it's a ppr league, solid if it's non ppr. Only question areas are QB and TE which you need those guys to show up to be a real powerhouse but as it is your RB's and WR's should keep you in it most weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Arent you guys the least bit worried about Foster? I mean, he has a ton of miles on his tires already, and has battled hamstring issues numerous times... Dont know if im being overly cautious, but I think he might be on the decline..
Just over 1000 career rushes and 4500 yards is not really a ton of miles. He's pretty fresh compared to the top backs of the last few years. Shady is the only guy with lower attempt and yardage totals.

Peterson: 1700 / 8800
Jones-Drew: 1500 / 7200
Johnson: 1400 / 6800
Lynch: 1400 / 6100
Rice: 1200 / 5500
Forte: 1200 / 5300

Hamstrings are always a big concern for me and have to be factored into draft rankings but Houston's is probably one of the best RB situations to buy into these days. We know Tate is an excellent RB and will have the full workload if Foster does miss time. It just becomes imperative that you draft both.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

yeah, I love Foster.. the back I'm most concerned about these days is definitely McCoy. not sure there is as talented a backup in the league as Bryce Brown and the two could find themselves in a timeshare in a hurry. I am usually targeting BB as my 4th/5th back in drafts
Old 07-22-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I think D-Mart is an absolute rock-solid bet for a minimum of 1500 total yards and 10 TDs. He's durable, has fresh young legs, and will see a huge workload. He's also got upside to really do special stat-wise if things go right in Tampa.

But I just can't pass on AD. He's one of the best at his position of all time. I have first pick in my big league so I'm curious as to why you don't like AD first?
Historically RBs coming off a 2000 yard season have a drastic drop in production. Secondly, I know it was a fantastic season, but I'm just not positive it wasn't just a once in a lifetime season for him. The most he'd averaged over the past 4 seasons was 4.8 ypc, yet he finished with 6ypc last season. He offers very little as a receiving option.

I know if he stays healthy he's a lock for 1200 yards and 12tds, but I personally would just feel more comfortable taking Doug Martin.

I've pondered this many times, and luckily I haven't ever had the #1 pick because I don't know if I'd be better to take AP, then try to trade him for another top back and upgrade another position or not. I hope I never get the first pick because I don't like it lol
Old 07-23-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

just did a mock draft that i feel compelled to post because i like the team so much. 10-team yahoo. anyone else think ryan mathews is great value this season? i also like bryce brown because i think it'll be more of a committee than people think

QB: Tom Brady, Andrew Luck
RB: C.J. Spiller, Stevan Ridley, Ryan Mathews, Bryce Brown
WR: Brandon Marshall, Marques Colston, Reggie Wayne, Josh Gordon, Mike Williams
TE: Dennis Pitta, Jordan Cameron
D/ST: Packers
K: Lawrence Tynes
Old 07-24-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

That's a pretty good mock, I'm not as high on Reggie Wayne this season as most, but as a #3 you can't really go wrong.

Mathews is a relatively solid choice this season in my eyes. I think Rivers will be improved, as will the offensive line. McCoy and Whisenhunt should give him every opportunity to succeed. While I'm not expecting a huge season, I think a season like he had in 2011 is realistic and is a solid season for where he's been going in mocks.

He's a low-risk pick with high reward. I don't think you'll want to rely on him very high this season, but as a bye week/injury replacement or just a flex he should be one of the better backs you can have in that role.

The injury risks are always going to be there, but it's not like he's a 2nd rounder like in years past. The only thing I would have done differently in that draft is the QB position, unless you just got amazing value on Luck there was likely a WR or RB I would have rather had there
Old 07-24-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just did a mock, 12 team, pretty ******* pleased with it

QB: RGIII, Dalton
RB: Foster, MJD, Chris Johnson, Ingram, Pead
WR: Wayne, Steve Smith, Torrey Smith, Josh Gordon, Blackmon, Dobson
TE: Finley
DST: Ravens
K: Crosby

Had 2nd pick and in 3rd round figured since I have the flex and RBs suck this year...why not nab 3. Worked out well I think, I would be very pleased with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

It's a lot riding on the health of RG3, and relying on some older WRs, but those RBs in a 12 team mock are pretty amazing
Old 07-25-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what do people think of Matt Stafford this year?

I'm already set on keeping Jamaal Charles, Dez Bryant, and Jimmy Graham, but I could do some wheeling that wouldn't affect that situation but would probably also allow me to keep Stafford at very cheap cost. Not sure what the exact trade cost would be (and even if I did it would not be in standard terms) but I have him at a foolishly small salary even for his letdown years.

So yeah, thoughts on how Staff Daddy performs this year? Possibly beyond but I'm not too concerned about that at the moment.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
So what do people think of Matt Stafford this year?

I'm already set on keeping Jamaal Charles, Dez Bryant, and Jimmy Graham, but I could do some wheeling that wouldn't affect that situation but would probably also allow me to keep Stafford at very cheap cost. Not sure what the exact trade cost would be (and even if I did it would not be in standard terms) but I have him at a foolishly small salary even for his letdown years.

So yeah, thoughts on how Staff Daddy performs this year? Possibly beyond but I'm not too concerned about that at the moment.
Love him. I just don't see anything preventing that team from forcing Stafford to push 5k yards each year. The run game is weak and they "solved" that with Reggie Bush? The D is terrible and I see no reason to believe they'll do a quick 180. His TD/INT ratio is not great, but he'll blow up plenty and be a nice start b/c of the huge numbers he'll need on a weekly basis.

If he comes cheap, I'd say hell yes.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Love him. I just don't see anything preventing that team from forcing Stafford to push 5k yards each year. The run game is weak and they "solved" that with Reggie Bush? The D is terrible and I see no reason to believe they'll do a quick 180. His TD/INT ratio is not great, but he'll blow up plenty and be a nice start b/c of the huge numbers he'll need on a weekly basis.

If he comes cheap, I'd say hell yes.
Ditto. Love him, I got him in the 9th round in my draft and was absolutely thrilled with that.

He finished 10th in my league last year in QB pts (was 5 pts from being 8th) and all this was in a "down" year.

Even if he doesn't return to 2011 form, he should improve upon his Tds from last season. Meaning he should end up with somewhere around 5000 yards, 30 tds and 16-17ints.

Reggie Bush is a nice pick-up for them, I don't think he'll improve the run game all that much (the offensive line is shaky as well) but he should be a good threat out of the backfield that Stafford has missed since Best got injured.

If in 2005 or 2006 you said a team would have Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush on the same team everyone would have been amazed by that offense. Reggie hasn't panned out like most thought, but he's still a weapon.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people are undervaluing Lesean McCoy. Under Chip Kelly, the Eagles should be a very run oriented team. I imagine a good year out of McCoy. The offensive line should be back to old form with Jason Peters, Todd Herremans, and Jason Kelce returning from injury. I think 1400 yards and 10 TDs is a pretty fair assessment for what McCoy could put up.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I think people are undervaluing Lesean McCoy. Under Chip Kelly, the Eagles should be a very run oriented team. I imagine a good year out of McCoy. The offensive line should be back to old form with Jason Peters, Todd Herremans, and Jason Kelce returning from injury. I think 1400 yards and 10 TDs is a pretty fair assessment for what McCoy could put up.
People were wowed by the skill of Brown while somehow managing to forget just how nasty Shady actually is with the ball in hand. Back to full health, I believe he'll keep Bryce on the sidelines more than most expect.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think people have forgotten about McCoy as an elite back after the injuries last season. I don't think Bryce is going to take that many carries away from McCoy, he'll compliment him but McCoy will probably get his 250 carries.

Under Andy Reid, that would be every RBs carries, but under Kelley there'll still probably be 100-150 for other guys