Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-07-2013, 07:41 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss

Figured I'd make a thread for this kid because he belongs in any discussion that involves the best WR for the 2014 draft. The total package of size, speed, run-after-catch, and explosive playmaking ability.

Lethal vertical threat that will also outjump and outmuscle DB's in 50/50 jump ball situations. Really times his jump well, and flawlessly tracks the football in the air.

Has annihilated Sanders Commings, Quandre Diggs, Carrington Byndom, Deshazor Everett, Tharold Simon, Johnthan Banks, Darius Slay, etc.... with Bo Wallace throwing him the football, and with little to no help.

He was killing Banks so bad that they pulled him off of Moncrief and tried their luck with Slay. Not much luck there either.

For all the talk of Marqise Lee, Moncrief is likely a superior prospect at 6'2", 214 pounds and legitimate 4.45 speed. He might be considered the best of the bunch at some point during the 2013 season.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://http://draftcountdown.com/for...Donte+Moncrief

Made a thread on him in October, but yeah Moncrief is an absolute monster. That isn't just my Ole Miss homerism, he is the real deal.

Pissed all over Banks in the Egg Bowl, then they moved Slay on him and he did the same thing to him. Physically he has the size and athleticism every team wants in an NFL receiver. All he does is make plays. I don't think any teams value him over Marqise Lee right now, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Donte was a top 10 pick in April. Has his head on straight too.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His no where near Lee's level.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post
Lee is a great player and Moncrief does not have near the name value of Lee right now, but a lot can happen in a year. Moncrief abused SEC defenses last season and opposing defenses really had no gamebreaker to key on besides him. He did not have Robert Woods opposite him, he did not have Matt Barkley throwing to him, and he didn't any stud running back on the field with him. He was "the guy" defenses were gameplanning against, and those defenses were the best in the country. Not a knock on Lee who is a great player but it is food for thought.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post

Bullsh*t. I'll take him right now over Marqise Lee. Furthermore, he'll be a top pick if he comes out early. By the time all the talking heads get caught up on how talented of a prospect he is, the general draft community will follow like they always do.

It's obvious that any detractors at this point simply haven't watched him, or don't know what they're looking at. This kid WILL be an elite prospect a year from now.

If he played in the Big-12 or Pac-12 in a wide open offense that throws it 50+ times a game against weak defenses, he'd have inflated numbers also.

Marqise Lee has faced nowwhere near the secondaries that Moncrief has. Desmond Trufant shut Marqise Lee's ass down.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well....Better than Lee??

Now I will have to take note to watch him play a few times next season. Ole Miss games aren't usually high on my list. (No Offense Don Vito)

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't sleep on Ole Miss WRs.

I haven't really watched Moncrief play, but I have heard others say he's got more upside as a pro than fellow Rebel Mike Wallace.

WOuldn't be surprised if Lee/Watkins/Moncrief are all top 15 pics in 2014.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

i am really interested in Moncrief, and cannot wait to see him play live. another name i really like is Devante Parker from Louisville.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read from 2 different scouting places already that like Moncrief more then Lee, so while I don't know if it'll be universal I don't think it'll be as strange as some people might think. I will admit to not having seen much of him as a freshman, then this past year I kept hearing his name and after I watched more cut ups of him I was struggling to find many weaknesses to his game and feel like if he was getting more exposure he would be getting talked about more.

Great size and frame(probably will measure in at 6'2 220), 4.4 speed, an 11 foot broad jump, 39 inch vertical, physically he is in elite category which is a perfect storm for him because fundamentally is where he impresses me the most. Tracking the ball in the air, over his head, catching with his hands, breaks down for all of his routes, attacks the ball in the air, he does everything you want to see.

He was recently listed on the all-time college physical freak list for this upcoming season and he was #13 for the top 20 players of any position, only skill position players listed higher were Lache Seastrunk and Marquise Lee. He just won't get the exposure he really deserves but once he starts to go through the process I expect a few more people to come around and put him above Lee.

I'm not to that point yet, but he looks like a stud to me and future 1st rd pick next year which I think he'll come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
BrabbitMcRabbit
Rookie

BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrabbitMcRabbit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee is much more agile and much better in space. He would be a good punt returner in the NFL, whereas Moncrief lacks the elusiveness to function in that role. Even though Moncrief is listed at some insane height/weight, I don't think he's actually that massive and I don't think he plays like a typical big receiver. He's a pure vertical threat. Eats up cushion in a hurry and can really destroy people on deep routes.

I'd rather have Lee on short and intermediate routes, but Moncrief has a chance to be excellent within his particular niche. He reminds me of Chris Givens, Markus Wheaton, and Mike Wallace. Has a little more height than Wheaton/Givens and is more polished than Wallace. Good prospect.
BrabbitMcRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he comes out and is a top 10 guy. Hope Watkins and Lee both come out too.

More chances of Brandon Coleman dropping in the draft.

Moncrief has potential. I wouldn't peg him a first round guy yet. He's nowhere near the Julio Jones/AJ Green class of WR. Playing for a lesser school, he's going to have to really blossom this year to merit legitimate first round consideration.

To me, he's a guy who one or two 'scouts' hump around as a first round guy but come draft day is still there after pick 50. He needs to do and be more to be a first round pick. He's fighting a distinct lack of hype which means he has to truly open eyes with production. WRs at 210 that run '4.4, honest!' only to log a couple 4.55s come combine day literally grow on trees. He should be better than Justin Hunter and Cordarelle Patterson. Although he clearly doesn't have the explosive quality that Patterson had (who almost escaped round 1). Moncreif is going to have to dominate in a DeAndre Hopkins kind of way to crack the top 20, because if Watkins and Lee both come out, they're likely going to go before 20 depending on team needs and quality at other positions.

Not saying Moncreif can't do it and couldn't even be a better pro. But let's not get caught in hyperbole. This years' competition amongst the WR group should be far tougher if they guys we expect to come out oblige. Moncreif is a less productive/consistent but better measurables Hopkins type WR. If Moncreif enjoys a similar season, he can thrust himself firmly in the mix.

His measurables aren't outstanding though. Good. But not uniquely good. His speed and size should both be in the upper third but probably neither in the top fifth in his class. To merit a first round pick, he's going to have to demonstrate unique position skills that separate him from the pack. I didn't see that in video I watched of him.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at what he could do with a competent QB. Look at how great his route running is. This is why he's not a household name. Once he performs at he combine I expect him to vault up boards anyway, but if he can get someone to get him the ball consistently this wouldn't even be a discussion about putting him in the first round IMO.

There is more to him then just looking at the highlights because you miss a bunch of great plays by him. Prime example is the very first play of that clip which left 85 yards on the board. When that is happening consistently it's not a surprise his numbers are what they were.

It doesn't make him inconsistent because of the first 2 plays on that clip. Let's keep in mind what school he plays for here, it's not like they are churning out 1300 yard WR's, especially for a guy who was a sophmore. Moncrief is one of the best WR's in the country hands down and there is a very natural aspect to his game that you wouldn't expect to see from some bigger WR's. Nobody is mistaking him for a Julio Jones type of prospect, but he is a first rounder.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 07-26-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

If Bo Wallace was consistent last year, Moncrief be all over the top 15 of mocks as LonghornsLegend was alluding to.

He is far more polished than your average receiver that is entering his true junior season, and he combines that with a great physical toolbox. I do not buy that he is 6-3, if I had my guess he will be about 6-1.5 and weight 215-220. His vertical will be high, and his short area quickness will surprise a lot of people. He was the one guy opposing defenses really had to key on in 2012, and when you couple that with Bo's inconsistency/limitations last year it really prevented Moncrief from doing a lot of the things he is capable of. With a more balanced attack as well as more weapons around him, I think he could have an All-American type season if he stays healthy. All of the skills to be a #1 NFL wide receiver, and that is not just the Ole Miss homer in me talking.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I really like about him is his ability to make plays and come up with the ball in traffic. A lot of his catches are with a defender in his face; most of the time in the college game these go as incompletions. He has great body control and is very good at highpointing.

What bothers me is the lack of separation he gets downfield. In his highlight video, you don't really ever see him with more than 2 or 3 yards of separation. This doesn't suggest to me that he has special speed at all. If he can't get 5 yards of separation at the collegiate level, then I don't see him being a great outside downfield receiver at the next level; and this is the part of his game that most people are suggesting is his strength.

In his defense, his QB play was pretty awful, very inconsistent. There were definitely several plays where his QB should have led him downfield more, which may have given him better separation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpOHRPmhErw
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going to be one of those guys who has a better pro career than college career. As LL and Don Vito have said, give him a real QB not Bo Wallace and the kid would be a lock for the top 20.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

At the end of this season he was constantly behind opposing secondaries, especially watch the LSU and MSU games. Those were two of our final three games and both of those secondaries were littered with guys who are or will be in the NFL. I see your point though, Moncrief is not a flat out burner type. He has very good speed but he probably isn't going to run a blazing 40. It translates well to the field though.

I might get flamed for this, and I'm not big on comparisons, but his game does remind me of Larry Fitz's in several ways.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me a lot of Juron Criner and Rishard Matthews.

Last edited by norcalgsr : 07-31-2013 at 07:09 PM.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I might get flamed for this, and I'm not big on comparisons, but his game does remind me of Larry Fitz's in several ways.
As far as playing style goes, I actually kindda like that comparison. I see a lot of Hakeem Nicks in his game. Really high on Moncrief going into the season, and he is high on my watch list for this year.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
As far as playing style goes, I actually kindda like that comparison. I see a lot of Hakeem Nicks in his game. Really high on Moncrief going into the season, and he is high on my watch list for this year.
Nicks was the first player he reminded of as well - more Nicks as a pro than what I remember of Nicks in college. Similar size/speed/build, style of play isn't far off either.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Just to put mine out there I think he's the Bengals version of Chad Johnson. I'm not sure what Chad timed in the 40, but playing styles always seemed very similiar to me and the way they sell their routes. I do think he'll measure in bigger then Chad who was about 190, and Moncrief should be around 220.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't see the Nicks nor Chad Johnson comparisons.

You want Nicks, see Davante Adams.

You want Chad, see Malcolm Mitchell.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He reminds me of Nuke Hopkins.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quite a drop for just 1 week of play Kiper.

Quote:
ESPN's Mel Kiper dropped Ole Miss junior WR Donte Moncrief from the No. 9 prospect overall to No. 19 following his week one performance against Vanderbilt.
Moncrief only managed five receptions for 56 yards against Vandy, but we think it is a bit early to drastically change rankings. "He was really frustrated in the game against Vandy, but credit the Commodores and Andre Hal," Kiper writes. "Moncrief has the look of a down-the-field threat who can use his size and good feel and body position to beat defenders for the ball, but he can also really chop his feet, cut and make people miss underneath. Hits his stride quickly for such a big player." The Rebel is now the No. 3 receiver on Kiper's big board.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Quite a drop for just 1 week of play Kiper.
That's going to be expected this early. Especially for players like Moncrief, Coleman and Abbrederis who are hamstrung by QB quality on the other end. Their appeal is going to be tied more to potential than numbers. It's also a deep WR field this year which makes it even harder for good receivers with potential to maintain position.

With so many quality competitors, I'd expect the WR rankings to constantly be in flux all season.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to have to agree with some of the ole miss fans I talked too moncrief doesn't impress me very much. Ill have to watch him more this season to get a better take on him

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote