Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-26-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every year I tend to go 2 RBs and 3 WRs or 3 RBs and 2 WRs in the first 5 rounds. Not sure if I'm just picking bad players or if that overall isn't the best strategy.

Last year I Drafted Chris Johnson, AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Trent Richardson, Ryan Matthews in the first 5 rounds. I thought I had a nice team.....

CJ sucked until I traded him after week 5. I started off 1-4 cuz picks in the first half of the draft weren't producing ****.

AJ was AJ. Larry ******* sucked donkey last year to no fault of his own. Trent had an up and down season, and it seems like every year I fall for the "Ryan Matthews breakout" talk and every year he breaks a nail and is sidelined for 12 weeks.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depending on where you pick, this year I have done mocks where I am snagging RBs in the 1st three rounds. There is such a lack at the position that I feel that it is a must. So in the two mocks I have done this, picking 2 and 5 I have gone: foster-mojo-chrisjohnson and rice-ridley-murray and have been able to snag WRs like Wayne, Nelson, Fitz etc who should put up decent numbers. I'm really excited about this realization because it means 3 players who should get you around 50pts weekly not including another 30-40 from your QB and WRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Depending on where you pick, this year I have done mocks where I am snagging RBs in the 1st three rounds. There is such a lack at the position that I feel that it is a must. So in the two mocks I have done this, picking 2 and 5 I have gone: foster-mojo-chrisjohnson and rice-ridley-murray and have been able to snag WRs like Wayne, Nelson, Fitz etc who should put up decent numbers. I'm really excited about this realization because it means 3 players who should get you around 50pts weekly not including another 30-40 from your QB and WRs.
I think my favorite mock I've done so far is when I was selecting 11th and took Lesean McCoy at that spot and then Alfred Morris in the 2nd round. I think I'd rather have that than say a Doug Martin and Chris Johnson.

So I might be hoping for a lower pick in my money league.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
As long as there is value, this is my philosophy as well. In my recent mock I took AP, CJ and Ridley. Between the 3 of those should be good for 50 points as you mentioned.

I think there's a significant dropoff after Forte,Ridley, CJ, MJD so if they were all gone by my 3rd round pick and a WR was there, I'd probably go WR and then come back and grab a Reggie Bush, Frank Gore, Lamar Miller etc later.

In the past few years I've found if you just stock up on mid round WRs, you're usually gonna get one thats gonna turn into a #1 for your team. There's also always the guys that disappoint drastically at WR. In my latest (where I grabbed the 3 Rbs I mentioned earlier) I followed up by grabbing Colston and Jordy Nelson, both of whom should be solid Wrs.

There's really no philosophy that is right though. I basically just try to make sure I get at least one good RB in the first 2 rounds, because sometimes in mocks I do grab Calvin if I don't love the RBs there.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I think my favorite mock I've done so far is when I was selecting 11th and took Lesean McCoy at that spot and then Alfred Morris in the 2nd round. I think I'd rather have that than say a Doug Martin and Chris Johnson.

So I might be hoping for a lower pick in my money league.
Crazy that Alfred Morris fell to 13 but I agree I enjoy my teams much more when I pick late in the 1st in snake or if I buy 2 $40 range RBs in auction.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my 12 team strategy is RB/RB/WR, 10 team is RB/WR/RB or RB/WR/WR then grab back-to-back RB in 4 and 5. usually I target Leveon Bell because i think he's in for a pretty big year
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, with the harvin news and now the pitta news..

if percy does get the season ending surgery... do i keep torrey smith over him now? or is it worth it to hang on to percy and endure a tougher season. we keep five guys and start 7, so i'd just have to draft well if i kept harvin in that case
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
also, with the harvin news and now the pitta news..

if percy does get the season ending surgery... do i keep torrey smith over him now? or is it worth it to hang on to percy and endure a tougher season. we keep five guys and start 7, so i'd just have to draft well if i kept harvin in that case
I forget the exact details of your league, but I'd probably go Torrey Smith. If you really believe in Percy you could always try to grab him late
Old 07-27-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Is this team the greatest team or what?

QB: Kaepernick, Freeman
RB: Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory, Montee Ball, Ryan Mathews
WR: Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Julio Jones, Kenny Britt, Anquan Boldin
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Blair Walsh
D: Buccaneers, Titans

Start 3 WRs and 2RBs.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your running backs leave much to be desired.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Without Crabtree that Kaep/Vernon connection should light it up this year.

I still don't know what I Think exactly about Colin. He has the potential to be a top 5 fantasy Quarterback but he lost his favorite target. I don't know if he's ready to just say "ok next man up"....Either way, a guy like him, he can be 8/20 for 100 yards and still have a pretty nice fantasy day cuz of his legs.

Speaking of the 49ers....Gore a legit #2? If not who would steal carries from him?
Old 07-27-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Your running backs leave much to be desired.
I don't really agree with that statement. Plus I got 3 of my top 7 rated WRs in a league where you can only start 2 Rbs as opposed to 2RBs and a flex.

Chris will likely finish as a top 10 back, the other 3 should all finish top 30 in RBs, with at least one of them likely cracking the top 20.

My RBs are probably around 5 in the league right now, but my WRs are second to none. I can play them based on matchup if one doesn't show to be a starter.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my strategy from the 1 spot in a 12-team .5 ppr league

1: Adrian Peterson
2: Lamar Miller/Montee Ball/LeVeon Bell/Stevan Ridley/Darren McFadden
3: Same
4: Reggie Wayne
5: Eric Decker
6: Tavon Austin
7: Andrew Luck
8: Bryce Brown
9: Ryan Broyles
10: TE (Cook or Finley

etc etc
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My board right now:

2. Doug Martin
3. C.J. Spiller
4. Trent Richardson
5. Jamaal Charles
6. Alfred Morris

WRs in the 2nd
1. Dez
2. Fitz
3. AJ
4. Julio
So basically any spot other than 1 or 2 I'm going

Spiller/one of the WRs

or

TRich one of the WRs
Old 07-27-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I'm really liking Stafford this year. Expecially if Broyles is 100% and Reggie stays healthy. I think he puts up 2011 type numbers.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Without Crabtree that Kaep/Vernon connection should light it up this year.

I still don't know what I Think exactly about Colin. He has the potential to be a top 5 fantasy Quarterback but he lost his favorite target. I don't know if he's ready to just say "ok next man up"....Either way, a guy like him, he can be 8/20 for 100 yards and still have a pretty nice fantasy day cuz of his legs.

Speaking of the 49ers....Gore a legit #2? If not who would steal carries from him?
I think he'll do fine because he can run. He lost Crabtree, but I've got the two guys projected to make most of the catches. I love doubling up when theres value on the board, so grabbing VD and Kaep was nice because they were hot in the playoffs averaging 84yds and .33 tds in that span.

Part of it is just me buying the way the 49ers play offense. Kaep averaged 1.4tds in the air and .5tds on the ground in his starts last year.

If he can produce similar numbers thats nearly 9pts a games just in tds, not even in yards. I'm not worried about him one bit, if he struggles I have a lot of faith in Freeman this year as well

Regarding Gore, I think he is, but I really like him as a flex more. But if you need to start as an RB2 I think he'd do fine
Old 07-27-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
My board right now:

2. Doug Martin
3. C.J. Spiller
4. Trent Richardson
5. Jamaal Charles
6. Alfred Morris

WRs in the 2nd
1. Dez
2. Fitz
3. AJ
4. Julio

Spiller/one of the WRs

or

TRich one of the WRs
I think i'd take Fitz over Dez. Which is weird considering Larry ****** me over last year.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I think he'll do fine because he can run. He lost Crabtree, but I've got the two guys projected to make most of the catches. I love doubling up when theres value on the board, so grabbing VD and Kaep was nice because they were hot in the playoffs averaging 84yds and .33 tds in that span.

Part of it is just me buying the way the 49ers play offense. Kaep averaged 1.4tds in the air and .5tds on the ground in his starts last year.

If he can produce similar numbers thats nearly 9pts a games just in tds, not even in yards. I'm not worried about him one bit, if he struggles I have a lot of faith in Freeman this year as well
Well I know a few guys in my money league are talking about Kaep going in the first round. Just chatter right now but I don't doubt that it happens. I think most are expecting a Cam Newton type fantasy season.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
My board right now:

2. Doug Martin
3. C.J. Spiller
4. Trent Richardson
5. Jamaal Charles
6. Alfred Morris

WRs in the 2nd
1. Dez
2. Fitz
3. AJ
4. Julio

Spiller/one of the WRs

or

TRich one of the WRs
Can't go wrong either way, I'm not as high on Fitz though. You're really that low on Foster right now?
Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well I know a few guys in my money league are talking about Kaep going in the first round. Just chatter right now but I don't doubt that it happens. I think most are expecting a Cam Newton type fantasy season.
Oh yeah I wouldn't grab him there, I got him in the 5th or 6th in mine.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't really agree with that statement. Plus I got 3 of my top 7 rated WRs in a league where you can only start 2 Rbs as opposed to 2RBs and a flex.

Chris will likely finish as a top 10 back, the other 3 should all finish top 30 in RBs, with at least one of them likely cracking the top 20.

My RBs are probably around 5 in the league right now, but my WRs are second to none. I can play them based on matchup if one doesn't show to be a starter.
Shonn Green was brought to TN for one purpose - to steal Chris Johnson's TDs. Chris Ivory is not a very good back, but he will get touches. He might be OK, but I don't really have high hopes. Ball will be a decent back. I will never have high hopes for Mathews. But your WRs are ******* awesome.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Last edited by prock : 07-27-2013 at 11:25 PM.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh yeah I wouldn't grab him there, I got him in the 5th or 6th in mine.
Yeah it's probably just talk to push him up boards. Scare people....like me. ha
Old 07-27-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Foster might end up being fine. It's not that I'm that low on him, I just wouldn't take him over those guys.

If Foster does stay healthy/dominant (and there are legit reservations about both), he'll be a great pick. But for that to be a smarter pick he'll have to ALSO score more than the guys I have listed above him.

So I don't look at it as any huge indictment on him. Rather that I expect Spiller and Richardson to be awesome. I'd pay for them.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Here's my current top 5 projections. These don't really equate to draft position for me though so keep that in mind.

QB
1) Brees
2) Kaep
3) Rodgers
4) Stafford
5) P.Manning

RB
1) Martin
2) Foster
3) Richardson
4) Peterson
5) Spiller

WR
1) C.Johnson
2) J.Jones
3) Marshall
4) Nelson
5) Bryant
Old 07-27-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

If you guys take a guy like Foster or McCoy how soon in a draft do you usually like to take their handicap? Nothing pisses me off more than when I take a guy like Foster and someone takes Ben Tate before I get the chance!