Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-28-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Here's my current top 5 projections. These don't really equate to draft position for me though so keep that in mind.

QB
1) Brees
2) Kaep
3) Rodgers
4) Stafford
5) P.Manning

RB
1) Martin
2) Foster
3) Richardson
4) Peterson
5) Spiller

WR
1) C.Johnson
2) J.Jones
3) Marshall
4) Nelson
5) Bryant
Well that's dumb. Don't worry about anyone elses rankings. Stay true to your board.

If you have 3rd pick, take Richardson.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No AJ Green? boooooo
Old 07-28-2013, 12:31 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to like Stevan Ridley. If you look at Vereen's numbers he's really not that threatening. Ridley is their workhorse and they are going to have to become more run-oriented. He might not be amazing but I could see a repeat-ish of last year's numbers.

I don't like how he had almost no catches though in a .5 ppr.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Shonn Green was brought to TN for one purpose - to steal Chris Johnson's TDs. Chris Ivory is not a very good back, but he will get touches. He might be OK, but I don't really have high hopes. Ball will be a decent back. I will never have high hopes for Mathews. But your WRs are ******* awesome.
CJ didn't get tds last season anyways. His rookie year with LenDale white stealing CJs td, he still managed 10 while LenDale picked up 15,
If this was someone who usually picks up a lot of tds, I'd understand the concern but CJ will still pick up 5-8 tds. He finished at 13th last season, so with some more consistent play he should be top 10.

I'm not a personal fan of any of my other backs, but they all should get around 1000 yards. Enough for me moving them around. You've got to pay the price between WRs and RBs, being a 3 WR league I had to prioritize WR over RB and like I said I think my WRs should average around 35-40 points a week. In a league where around 100 pts wins, having a QB that gets 20, WRs that should get 35, RBs that should pick up 20, a TE who's a threat to get 8-10, K 8-10, D 8-10 I should win a lot of games.

If this was a 2rb flex league I would have placed more priority on RB like I did in other leagues, for example in my league with a flex I have AP, Ridley and Chris Johnson.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone got any top 5 sleepers? not guys like David Wilson who everyone expects to have a solid year.

I might put to much stock into rookies but I think I like DeAndre Hopkins and Markus Wheaton this year.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
If you guys take a guy like Foster or McCoy how soon in a draft do you usually like to take their handicap? Nothing pisses me off more than when I take a guy like Foster and someone takes Ben Tate before I get the chance!
I never draft those guys before round 12, if they go before that I just hope for the best and go with a DeAngelo Williams or Giovanni Bernard who are potential starters for their teams.

I'd be worried to take them too early, for example I've seen Lamar Miller last until the 9th in my last draft
Old 07-28-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Well that's dumb. Don't worry about anyone elses rankings. Stay true to your board.

If you have 3rd pick, take Richardson.
Well, it just depends on the situation. For example, I don't project injuries unless a player is really injury prone. But I do factor it in when draft, so Richardson would be downgraded in my actual draft due to that so I'd take AP (which AP usually never last until 3 anyways)

I also alter it if I know theres a really good chance that the player I have ranked higher will be there later, for example I take Spiller over Richardson at the end of first because Richardson almost always last til my selection in the early 2nd.

I have Nelson higher than Bryant right now, but I'd take Bryant and grab Nelson later if that's the way I wanna go.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Anyone got any top 5 sleepers? not guys like David Wilson who everyone expects to have a solid year.

I might put to much stock into rookies but I think I like DeAndre Hopkins and Markus Wheaton this year.
1) RYAN BROYLES
His situation is absolutely perfect. He's got tremendous talent. Production comes when talent meets opportunity. As a 9th/10th round pick, you're getting big-time production potentially.

2) Giovani Bernard
A general rule to follow is to simply take the best player available. In the 5th or 6th round, he's that. He's better than BJGE.

3) Chris Givens
He'll benefit from Cook and Austin working underneath. He's always been a good player and teams usually let Bradford look deep. He'll definitely have a bunch of 40+ yard receptions.

4) Golden Tate
No one believes us, but this kid turned a corner last year. He's a dynamite tackle-breaker and offers a lot as a deep threat. If Harvin isn't there and the Seahawks open up the offense a bit (extremely likely in RW's second year), Tate will get the ball all over the field. He's a bonafide playmaker. Expect him to push for 70 catches, over 1000 yards and maybe even 10 total TDs IF Harvin misses the year. You have to realize how limited the passing game was for the majority of last year.

5) Bryce Brown
Chip Kelly is going to feature at least two backs in his run-heavy, play-heavy scheme. Brown has crazy talent. He'll threaten for 10-12 touches a game and if McCoy goes down, you have a top 5 back for the price of an 8th or 9th round pick.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I don't know if some of these are really considered sleepers, but I've been trying to grab DeAngelo Williams where I can. He's going really late or as a FA in some leagues.

In addition, I think Emmanuel Sanders is going too late. He'll be a #2, much like Antonio Brown was last season but it seems like people are discounting him.

Jon Baldwin is a guy who could be a steal if you take him in the 15th, he's finally got a QB, he's got asolid #1 opposite him and IF Andy Reid can light a fire, maybe we'll finally see what he can do.

Michael Floyd is going late or as an UDFA, if Carson can get the ball out Floyd could really do well.

The two most popular NE rookies, Dobson and Boyce could be sleepers as well.

I wouldn't touch Wheaton this year, but Hopkins has potential
Old 07-28-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Oh and Carson Palmer.

They have no running game and good WRs. And Arians. If he's not a top 20 OVERALL scorer I'd be surprised.

This guy threw for a million yards and 22 TDs with an atrocious team last year.

I'm seeing Kurt Warner from a few years ago. And if I'm wrong, or just a little too optimistic and he only throws for 4100 and 20 TDs - you got a decent backup QB for a 13th round pick. All upside as the 15thish QB taken.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
2) Giovani Bernard
A general rule to follow is to simply take the best player available. In the 5th or 6th round, he's that. He's better than BJGE.
I've been taking him late, like round 10-15. He's even available as a FA in some leagues, I've been grabbing him every opportunity I can. I think I have 4 leagues right now, and have him in 3 of them
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh and Carson Palmer.

They have no running game and good WRs. And Arians. If he's not a top 20 OVERALL scorer I'd be surprised.

This guy threw for a million yards and 22 TDs with an atrocious team last year.

I'm seeing Kurt Warner from a few years ago. And if I'm wrong, or just a little too optimistic and he only throws for 4100 and 20 TDs - you got a decent backup QB for a 13th round pick. All upside as the 15thish QB taken.
I agree with this one, although I've been waiting for preseason to fully get on his bandwagon
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I've been taking him late, like round 10-15. He's even available as a FA in some leagues, I've been grabbing him every opportunity I can. I think I have 4 leagues right now, and have him in 3 of them
If he's there in the 7th in my league I'd be surprised.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If he's there in the 7th in my league I'd be surprised.
Do you like he or DeAngelo Williams more? Currently both are available in my league, wanna sign them both but can really on swing 1 right now unless I make a trade that frees up a roster spot.

JStew is hurt, on PUP and his ankle is reportedly bad. Who knows how long he'll be out. Williams had reportedly looked good in camp, and Shula wants to utilize the running game from the RBs a little more, or so I've heard.

Bernard is unproven, but possesses skills BGE does not. He should see time early and often if he can prove himself.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I guess for now I'd go DWill. But at the first sign of Gio tearing it up or working with the 1s or looking good in the passing game in one of these TC reports... pounce.

I think his game translates but you really never know.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:07 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Let people draft David Wilson in the 4th round and grab ANDRE BROWN much later. I like Wilson and his potential, he's definitely the guy I'd want in a Dynasty league, but I think Brown will still see a lot of action for this year.

Sticking with the Giants, I look to grab RUEBEN RANDLE late in drafts, as well. I hope Nicks stays healthy this year, but he hasn't had much luck with that the past couple of seasons. If Nicks goes down again, Randle will put up big numbers. If you can spare the roster spot...

Similar to Wilson/Brown above, I'd let someone take Montee Ball in the mid rounds and grab RONNIE HILLMAN in the later rounds. Hillman is back up to 200 lbs and early reports from camp say that he is the better pass protector in the backfield right now. That is something Manning demands of the RBs on the field with him. Ball is struggling with pass protection so far, according to reports.

PIERRE THOMAS is a guy I am targeting late, as well. The Saints backfield isn't a very desirable situation in FF terms, unless you play in PPR - then Sproles is the man to own, but someone will get rushing attempts in that high powered offense. Most seem to think that this is the year Mark Ingram shows up, but I'm not buying it. He doesn't fit that offense and he really just might not be a very good RB.

Somone else mentioned EMMANUEL SANDERS and he'll be the guy that I end with. This Pittsburgh team throws the ball a lot in recent years. I don't think that will change much with Bell in the backfield. I don't trust rookie WRs except in very rare cases. I like Wheaton, but he is not one of those rare cases. Sanders is coming off the board late in drafts and could easily put up 70+ catches and 1000+ yards this year, I believe.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:34 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 man league drafted 3rd

QB Matt Ryan
RB Arian Foster
RB Chris Johnson
WR Julio Jones
WR Victor Cruz
Flex Steve Smith
TE Jermichael Finley
D/ST Houston
K Phil Dawson

Bench:
Montee Ball
Cicil Shorts
Daryl Richardson
Antonio Gates
Joe Flacco
Josh Gordon
Giants D/ST

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 team league - 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE

QB: Eli
RB1: TRich
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Dez
WR2: Fitz
TE: Finley
Flex: Tavon Austin
D/ST- Dolphins
K- Dan Bailey

Bench:
Cutler
Chris Ivory
Gio Bernard
Ronnie Hillman
Sidney Rice
Alshon Jeffery
Fred Davis

I had the 10th pick and was planning on going RB with my first 2 picks but there was a run on them and Dez was much better value than the best RB available. But it worked out ok, I feel I got some solid depth at RB behind TRich. Bush should see plenty of action, same with Ivory... and Gio+Hillman have a good chance to be the lead backs in their situation. I got hammered at RB last year with injuries so it's nice to know I have options heading into this season.

As long as Palmer didn't fall of a cliff this off-season I think Fitz should go back to his normal self, and Dez is poised for a monster year... so yea, I feel real good about WR. Even being able to nab Tavon and Rice a little later on was pretty sweet.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 07-28-2013 at 10:42 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I guess for now I'd go DWill. But at the first sign of Gio tearing it up or working with the 1s or looking good in the passing game in one of these TC reports... pounce.

I think his game translates but you really never know.
I actually realized Palmer and Bradford were both still out on FA, so I risked dropping Freeman since I already have Kaep. If somebody grabs Free I can get one of the others
Old 07-28-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

What's everyone's expectation for Tavon Austin, I don't see him contributing enough really as a rookie to be worth a starter where some people are drafting him, in fact, for me he's borderline on my roster.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's everyone's expectation for Tavon Austin, I don't see him contributing enough really as a rookie to be worth a starter where some people are drafting him, in fact, for me he's borderline on my roster.
i think it'd be reasonable to expect something similar to harvin's rookie season. harvin is a far more powerful runner with the ball in his hands but austin is pretty much the guy on that rams offense as constructed. harvin didn't have that benefit. i'm targeting him late 1st/early 2nd round in my keeper league
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

You need TC reports but I'm confident Austin's game translates. I could see him as a better 2nd half player... he might end up averaging 3 for 30 for the first four or five weeks.

But if you try to think about the football instead of the numbers - there's no way this player won't make plays.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

My main concern is, I can't see him getting more more than 5 tds and 800 yds. I just don't see him getting enough yards or tds to crack my starting lineup, and his ceiling isn't as high as others.

I think I'll pass on him since I don't really do keeper leagues
Old 07-28-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

For whatever its worth....Tavon has been lining up at WR and at RB the first few days of practice.

I see appt of Shane Vereen "bust out" potentiall when I search sleepers online.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

holtbruce what do you think are some reasonable numbers to expect from him?

For example, in my latest draft Austin was selected above guys like: Steve Smith, Lamar Miller, Stevie Johnson, Mike Williams, Darren Sproles, Rashard Mendenhall, Montee Ball, Kenny Britt, Danario Alexander, Desean Jackson and Chris Ivory. I have a hard time seeing him posting more fantasy numbers than the majority of these guys unless it's a PPR league which most of mine are not.