Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-28-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
10 man league drafted 3rd

QB Matt Ryan
RB Arian Foster
RB Chris Johnson
WR Julio Jones
WR Victor Cruz
Flex Steve Smith
TE Jermichael Finley
D/ST Houston
K Phil Dawson

Bench:
Montee Ball
Cicil Shorts
Daryl Richardson
Antonio Gates
Joe Flacco
Josh Gordon
Giants D/ST
How's my team look?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not a lot to criticize for me. looks a lot like something i'd draft. gordon in the late rounds is a good pick, and i like your RBs. i'd say you should look to strengthen your WR or TE situation, if anything
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
10 man league drafted 3rd

QB Matt Ryan
RB Arian Foster
RB Chris Johnson
WR Julio Jones
WR Victor Cruz
Flex Steve Smith
TE Jermichael Finley
D/ST Houston
K Phil Dawson

Bench:
Montee Ball
Cicil Shorts
Daryl Richardson
Antonio Gates
Joe Flacco
Josh Gordon
Giants D/ST
At QB I think you're in a good position, although Baltimore will likely use a more run dominated offense this year, but Flacco as a backup bye week position is solid.

At RB, you've got two of the top 10 RBs in the league in my eyes. Montee Ball is a nice backup and I'm still undecided on Richardson. I would have liked to see Ben Tate, or another RB with potential.

At WR, Cruz and Jones are both great. Steve Smith should be a good flex, although I think you'll want to play Ball more. Shorts is questionable because of QB, but solid and Gordon should produce after his suspension.

TE is solid but unspectacular. I like Gates more than Finley this season.

K and D are fine also.

Only thing is I'd to see another RB with potential instead of carrying two TEs or two Ds but solid team
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the input guys, I have to agree with you on most every point. I think I'll be able to find another RB is Richardson/Ball fall short somehow. I'd likely drop the Giants D to do so, both Finley and Gates should have up and down games all season so hopefully I'll be picking the right spots to start them.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 07-28-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I'm thinking of trying to trade for Ben Tate for assurance for Foster, if that falls through I might add Shon Greene or Andre Brown...

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Last edited by RaiderNation : 07-28-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That'd be good. Take a look at Bernard, DeAngelo Williams, Bernard Peirce also if you can't get a trade worked out
Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
That'd be good. Take a look at Bernard, DeAngelo Williams, Bernard Peirce also if you can't get a trade worked out
Andre Brown or Gio Bernard? I'm not going to be able to get Tate

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 07-28-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Andre Brown or Gio Bernard? I'm not going to be able to get Tate
I'd go with Bernard
Old 07-28-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
holtbruce what do you think are some reasonable numbers to expect from him?

For example, in my latest draft Austin was selected above guys like: Steve Smith, Lamar Miller, Stevie Johnson, Mike Williams, Darren Sproles, Rashard Mendenhall, Montee Ball, Kenny Britt, Danario Alexander, Desean Jackson and Chris Ivory. I have a hard time seeing him posting more fantasy numbers than the majority of these guys unless it's a PPR league which most of mine are not.
Tough to say. Personally I'd take him over a handful of those guys. Mendenhall, Britt, Desean, Ivory and you can never trust Danario to stay healthy as bad as I may want him to succeed, 5 knee surgeries (maybe even 6) makes him tough to draft.

Bradford, Cook, Givens, Quick, Stedman, Pettis and Tavon all were working out together this offseason and its the first time Bradford has been in the same offense back to back years which is going to help Tavon when your quarterback has a complete understanding of the system.

I expect Tavon to get his yards, but Rams are always horrible in the redzone.....then again I may just be a homer. We haven't had a 1,000 yard WR since Holt 6 or 7 years ago.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd go with Bernard
It's a bit of a toss up, Brown is the safer of the 2 and will without a doubt be the goal line RB to pair with Wilson who's somewhat injury prone. Gio had more explosive potential but I just wonder if he'll get consistent touches behind the Lawfirm.

I think I'm leaning Brown since I believe he'll get the ball/TD's more and Wilson will get hurt at some point

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 07-28-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Brown would be a great pickup for the tds and whatnot.

The main reason I lean towards Bernard Is I expect Bernard to improve over the course of the season to where he's a borderline 2/3 by the end, and I think Brown will decrease as the season goes as Wilson takes over more and more each week until he's basically the guy.

I could be wrong just what I see happening.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

How many leagues do most people here play? I get the feeling I'm gonna get carried away this year.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How many leagues do most people here play? I get the feeling I'm gonna get carried away this year.
Half the leagues I join are casual leagues just so I can get a feel for who goes where. usually when you do a mock teams leave after their first 2 picks. So I'll do like a billion teams on espn but i'll hardly follow them after I draft them.

Just prepares me for my money league. The only team I really follow.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

In fact, I drafted another team tonight....

QB: Robert Griffin, Sam Bradford
RB: CJ Spiller, Chris Johnson, Darren Sproles, Deangelo Williams, Ronnie Hillman
WR: Dwayne Bowe, Steve Smith, Danny Amendola, Chris Givens
TE: Rob Housler, Tyler Eifert
Def: 49ers
K: Greg Zuehlein

Looking at it now, I think I would of waited on a defense to select a better TE. I went 3 RBs in the first 3 rounds and then 3 WRs in the next 3.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Half the leagues I join are casual leagues just so I can get a feel for who goes where. usually when you do a mock teams leave after their first 2 picks. So I'll do like a billion teams on espn but i'll hardly follow them after I draft them.

Just prepares me for my money league. The only team I really follow.
Thats about the same as me, I usually end up somewhere around 6 teams, I play most for fun but have a few serious ones/money leagues.

I am always active and competitive, but don't take some as seriously as others.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, if anyone wants in a casual $20 league, standard h2h scoring and live online draft Sunday (8/4) PM me your email address. Someone backed out today and most of my irl friends are degenerate gamblers who won't play for only 20 bucks this is mostly just our casual friends. Let me know.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Hey guys, if anyone wants in a casual $20 league, standard h2h scoring and live online draft Sunday (8/4) PM me your email address. Someone backed out today and most of my irl friends are degenerate gamblers who won't play for only 20 bucks this is mostly just our casual friends. Let me know.
How would you pay?
Old 07-29-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
How would you pay?
Not sure yet. Either 120 for first 80 for second or 120 for playoff winner 80 for points leader at end of week 14. Probably the former though.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a bit of a toss up, Brown is the safer of the 2 and will without a doubt be the goal line RB to pair with Wilson who's somewhat injury prone. Gio had more explosive potential but I just wonder if he'll get consistent touches behind the Lawfirm.

I think I'm leaning Brown since I believe he'll get the ball/TD's more and Wilson will get hurt at some point
Honestly, I'd drop Gates and a DST and add both. RBs have way more value to your team as potential starters and trade bait. Gates is a name and Rivers looks like he may be the same.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if any of you are interested, ESPN "experts" are doing mock drafts with us bottom-dwellers. I'm in a lobby with Matthew Berry right now.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

STILL HAVE 4 SPOTS OPEN

in my money league.

$100 per team. Poney up to play in the bigs!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
STILL HAVE 4 SPOTS OPEN

in my money league.

$100 per team. Poney up to play in the bigs!
I'm probably interested. What kind of draft, scoring, points system, waiver system, etc etc?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so in a 12 team ppr you'd suggest WR/WR first two rounds drafting I'm middle to late position?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
so in a 12 team ppr you'd suggest WR/WR first two rounds drafting I'm middle to late position?
Just depends on value really, I'd try to get at least 1RB and 1WR if possible. There's a few RBs I like that could outscore guys taken higher than them.

You never know how you're draft is going to play out, but LeSean McCoy has been going 8-12 in most of my drafts, he'll get good yards and pick up an extra 3-4 pts a game in receptions. Steven Jackson should get a lot of receptions as should Matt Forte. Unless McCoy is there in the 1st, I'd probably consider grabbing a WR, then coming back and grabbing one a RB if the value is there.

Just go on value, you'll get too messed up trying to go certain positions early. Remember that guys like Reggie Bush, Darren Sproles and even Danny Woodhead may be valuable guys if you miss out on RBs early.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I've got a team with:

QB: Stafford, Cutler
RB: Ridley, McFadden, Bell, R.Bush, Bernard, DeAngelo Williams
WR: Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Vincent & DeSean Jackson, Greg Jennings, Kendall Wright

Standard 10 team 3wr, 2rb. Should I just roll with the ones I got, playing by matchups? If I should trade, who should I look at getting rid of? I'm thinking I'd like to trade McFadden/Bush + Bernard/Williams for a #2.