Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Fraklin fits better into our offense anyway.

It might be time to replace my avatar of Eddie's beautiful smile with Franklin's equally beautiful smile.
May I suggest this one: http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0726...lin_sy_200.jpg
That is one handsome fella.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He will either way. He's a much better fit for that offense, is the more explosive back and with that make shift line GB has Lacy isn't going to have the same type of lanes to run through that he did at Alabama. Plus Franklin has a better college resume, what he did at UCLA was far more impressive then what he did at Bama and if the roles were switched Lacy would look like just another back at UCLA.

It won't be long before Franklin is the starting back there, and that's not even mentioning Lacy will be nicked up or injured every single year.
I think Lacy has some special qualities. I still see Green Bay using the two-headed approach. Lacy is a legitimately violent runner, and sometimes that's what you need when the run-blocking leaves something to be desired. I don't think Lacy's going to have an eye-popping YPC, but I do think he's going to be able to get the short yards, and that's an element Green Bay hasn't had in awhile; that in itself guarantees him a significant role on the Packer's offense and changes the way defenses have to play them at the goal line.

Now, Franklin is definitely more "dynamic" and will probably bust more long plays than Lacy, but I also think he's more likely to get stuffed. You have to have space to create space, too, and if Lacy can tire defenses out a little bit at the outset, Franklin's speed and explosiveness is going to be all the more effective; with a defense tired out and Franklin's legs fresh, he can feast in the second half. I like the two-back approach when both backs bring something unique and by themselves might not offer everything a team needs, and that's what I see in Green Bay.

Fwiw, I don't think it matters who starts. I think they'll both log a handful of starts over the course of the season.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 07-29-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free-agent LB Shawne Merriman (Bills) is pleading for the Atlanta Falcons to sign him. Merriman promised he'll rack up double-digit sacks or he'll give half his salary to charity.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2aTouyIcP

lol.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The light is out.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's back on the sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He's back on the sauce.
Maybe that's his plan, if he gets caught, he's banned for a year and loses his salary anyway. If he doesn't get caught, he'll get the double-digit sacks. Win-win.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Leach returns to baltimore. That was a must with Pitta injury
I love Leach. I'm glad he is back. Can't wait to see him bulldoze over fools again.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD says he'll break Emmitt's rushing record by week 16 of the 2017 season.

I don't doubt it.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
AD says he'll break Emmitt's rushing record by week 16 of the 2017 season.

I don't doubt it.
Only way he does that is if we go to 18 game schedules by then, which wouldn't surprise me
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said he is banking on a few 2000 yd seasons.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2017 isn't happening, but if he can stay healthy I could see him breaking it sometime in 2019
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He isnt even halfway to Emmits record....
Old 07-30-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
He isnt even halfway to Emmits record....
329 yards short of halfway. Close enough. He'll be more than half way after week 3.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't really matter, Barry woulda destroyed the thing anyways.

At his current pace, he'd break the record in his 13th season.

I can't see AP playing til he's 34
Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Emmitt Smith after 6 seasons: 8, 956 rushing yards
Adrian Peterson after 6 seasons: 8, 849 rushing yards

I don't see why everyone is doubting AD, from this point on Emmitt didn't have very many huge seasons left, they were all before this point. Only reason we don't see it happening is because RB's in general break down much sooner now and obviously to get this record you have to have longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if peterson puts together a few more seasons like last year he'll be regarded as the best ever by a good portion of people. I imagine there will be emmitt, sanders, and jim brown fans that will never jump ship, but thats ok.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And a lot of Emmitt beyond this point was just volume, and staying healthy. He never averaged over 4.2 ypc beyond this point and had 5 seasons under 4 ypc, so it'll be interesting to see how AD's career goes from this point because both guys had their career seasons in year 6.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

imo peterson doesnt have to play as long or get as many yards as emmitt to be considered better. Emmitt had outstanding longevity which is what made him so special, no one can take that away from him
Old 07-30-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith was done having great seasons after 1995 (he was 26 that season, FWIW). After that season, he somehow managed to go on a nine year run where he rushed for 900+ yards in eight different seasons, and that's why the record is going to be tough to break.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
if peterson puts together a few more seasons like last year he'll be regarded as the best ever by a good portion of people. I imagine there will be emmitt, sanders, and jim brown fans that will never jump ship, but thats ok.
I find it hilarious when people try to say Emmitt is the best RB ever. I have no problem with him being in the HOF but let's not go crazy.

The top 3 in my eyes are Jim Brown,Barry Sanders and Walter Payton. I'm fine with any order you want to put them in but they are the top 3.

As of today at least.

Last edited by Splat : 07-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are all wrong...

Lendak: best there ever was and will be

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Emmitt is not even close to the best RB to play the game, but statistically in terms of yards he is. Like I said before, the reason I can't see AP breaking the record is because I don't see him playing until he's 34, I just don't think his body last that long and in todays NFL teams aren't going to pay you and let you be the only RB when you aren't producing.

APs a more naturally gifted runner than Emmitt, but the reason Emmitt has the record is because he basically stayed around for it and was very healthy.
Like I said earlier, Barry was on a pace to shatter the record as well, but he didn't want to break it
Old 07-30-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Emmitt wasn't the greatest of all time. But I don't think it's crazy to suggest that he's a top 5 back of all time.

I think right now the top 3 are clearly:

Jim Brown
Barry Sanders
Walter Payton

In no particular order. After those 3, I can see Emmitt being in the top 5 conversation. I'd probably have Gayle Sayers and Erick Dickerson and OJ Simpson to round out my top 6, but I can see the argument for Emmitt.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Like I said earlier, Barry was on a pace to shatter the record as well, but he didn't want to break it
Pretty sure everyone realizes this already.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put Gale Sayers into the same category as Bo Jackson. Everybody who saw them play will tell you that they were dominant, but we can't possibly know what their statistics would have looked like if things had been different. When "analytic" minded fans look at their profiles on PFR, they won't be impressed.

Fair or not, that's what keeps those guys out of the GOAT conversations.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote