Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fair enough. I also think OJ Simpson would be considered a top 4 back of all time at the very least if he wasn't a murderer.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I agree. That's one of those taboo things that the NFL is trying to sweep under the rug.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OJ is at least a top 5 rb. 2000 yards in 14 games. He was a special runner. On the field he is one of the greats but no one cares about that anymore.

I used to have a sick OJ Bills blue throwback jersey that I lost. Some people gave me odd looks but it was awesome.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OJ was probably the greatest open field runner of all time (excluding Gayle Sayers short career).

I wonder where Eric Dickerson falls in this list. And Marcus Allen.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So there is an actual game Sunday night.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let's put Frank Gore in the mix shall we .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
imo peterson doesnt have to play as long or get as many yards as emmitt to be considered better. Emmitt had outstanding longevity which is what made him so special, no one can take that away from him
Longevity is easily the most overrated attribute to a player. Who cares that Emmitt played from 2001-2004 when those were thoroughly average years on thoroughly average teams?

Emmitt's run from 1991-1995 is unquestionably very impressive, even considering what a great offensive line he had. The rest is just meh.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Jim Brown is the best all-time. Not just runningback. Player.

Payton is the second greatest RB. Sanders is a distant third in my mind. Tremendous talent, but way too many runs for losses (and no, not just because of his line, also because he danced WAY too much) and he disappeared in way too many games, especially in the playoffs.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 07-30-2013 at 04:37 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
No, lets not do that.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know where I'd put Marshall Faulk on the all-time list, but damn he was ridiculous in STL.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Definitely not. But Tim Tebow will be added to the mix once he's allowed to be running back.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Payton is the second greatest RB. Sanders is a distant third in my mind. Tremendous talent, but way too many runs for losses (and no, not just because of his line, also because he danced WAY too much) and he disappeared in way too many games, especially in the playoffs.
I'd go with Brown as the best RB. Best player probably is questionable because of the value of a QB to a team.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
if peterson puts together a few more seasons like last year he'll be regarded as the best ever by a good portion of people. I imagine there will be emmitt, sanders, and jim brown fans that will never jump ship, but thats ok.
I'm probably one of those, but even I can't put him against Jim Brown. I think you've got to think of it more as "best of an era" rather than "best of all time," because the game changes so much as time goes by. Both Brown and Peterson are the best of their respective eras, and essentially established themselves as the league standard from their rookie seasons on. I think Brown was quite a bit farther out in front of his competition than Peterson is, but I think if Adrian Peterson played in the '60s he'd have something like an 8 YPC career average.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Fair enough. I also think OJ Simpson would be considered a top 4 back of all time at the very least if he wasn't a murderer.
This.

Running for 2K yards in a 14 game season is insane, but his 1975 campaign gets kind of underrated... in 1975 he ran for 1817 yards, 2243 scrimmage yards and compiled 23 offensive TDs... in a 14 game season. It ranks 4th all-time in rushing yards per game, trailing AP and Dickerson's best year by merely 1 YPG. He's 16 yards away from having the 2 best rushing years of all time.

I'm not old enough to have watched him play, but the guys I know from that era all say he was the Micheal Jordan of the 1970s... THE superstar athlete of his time.

It's obviously taboo to talk about what a great RB OJ Simpson was, but the guy is absolutely up there with Brown, Sanders, Payton, etc.

Also, Earl Campbell needs more love. I can't put a top 6 together without Earl. Everyone talks about what could have been with Bo Jackson, but Earl Campbell was probably the closest thing to a speed/power combination to Bo... and he actually did it full time for a 5 year period.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 07-30-2013 at 06:12 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Longevity is easily the most overrated attribute to a player. Who cares that Emmitt played from 2001-2004 when those were thoroughly average years on thoroughly average teams?

Emmitt's run from 1991-1995 is unquestionably very impressive, even considering what a great offensive line he had. The rest is just meh.
i know the great offensive line argument and great teams, its not like you are talking to a dallas fan (without a doubt an uphill battle to convince many many dallas fans that emmitt wasnt the best) but he was very durable and a great player, which is why he holds the record. He isnt in the same universe as peterson when it comes to raw physical talent. But really, cant the same be said about jerry rice compared to a lot of WRs that dont have the production to match? Durability and work ethic got emmitt and rice those records, which isnt a bad thing at all. It wasnt long ago no one thought marinos passing record would fall, or his TD record, or jerrys TD record, or his yardage record....all broken in the last decade
Quote:

I get it, hes a legend in the NFL....he was also bigger than DTs of the era, its so hard to judge based on era when you are separated by THAT kind of a difference. If peterson was running back in browns era emmitt smith would still be running to get that record
Old 07-30-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Campbell was the coolest running back ever.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Earl Campbell was the coolest running back ever.

No one wanted a piece...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure most know this about Cris Carter already, but Qadry Ismail just wanted to make sure everyone knew before the HOF weekend. Pulls no punches...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...160514496.html

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So uh, Harvin just sent out this tweet

Quote:
Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 1m

when everything is goin good sometimes life throw u a curve ball... sorry to half to report that my injury will require surgery...
and now another

Quote:
Percy Harvin ‏@Percy_Harvin 22s

Nobody was more anxious and excited about season then....but I will be back strong as ever..i appreciate all the love and prayers 12th man
Old 07-30-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Percy :( i was so excited to see him in that offense
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the outset, it really didn't sound good. Coaches and medical guys always are conservative about declaring a guy will need surgery, but this sounded like a surgical thing from the get-go. These lingering things that can't be attributed to a single incident usually are.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle should just stop acquiring WRs or signing them in FA. Deion Branch, T.J, Sidney Rice and now Percy Harvin could be headed in the right direction in joining this list.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawks won't have a chance ha ha ha
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hawks won't have a chance ha ha ha
Why be that guy?