Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 07-28-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN Boston
Talib has already noticed one trait that Dobson and Thompkins share, highlighting their ability to release off the line.

"[Dobson's] got good releases off the line," Talib told reporters on Sunday. "That's what I think he does real good. Him, KT [Thompkins], they're both pretty good at releasing off the line."

Pressed further on what traits makes them successful at releasing off the line, Talib offered, "I don't know what it is, speed, quickness, strength. You either got it or you don't. They got it."
I don't want to get too excited, but... really, that's sounding really good.

Apparently, Tavon Wilson isn't having a very good camp and is getting opportunity reps. So much for that second round pick. I wonder if Duron Harmon ever sees the field. Maybe Belichick just likes trolling and when he finally needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat (like at WR this year), he does.

Quote:
[Kenbrell Thompkins] also ended practice by getting behind rookie Stephon Morris and catching a touchdown pass from Tim Tebow during a two-minute situation.
Hall of fame lock. He caught a Tebow pass.

Last edited by descendency : 07-28-2013 at 02:58 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Boston Globe:

Quote:
Based on three days of camp, the top four performers at wide receiver have been Amendola, Dobson, Thompkins and Kamar Aiken. Josh Boyce is starting to come on. Michael Jenkins falling behind. Rookie Quintin Sims also shows some flashes and could be a candidate for practice squad. Amendola, meanwhile, has shown impressive technique as a route-runner and is clearly the most polished receiver on the field.
Although...

Quote:
Pretty horrible day for Dowling, who is competing with Arrington and Dennard for a spot opposite Talib. Right now Dowling is clearly third in that group, and may also be behind Ryan as well, although the rookie third-rounder hasn’t looked great so far.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping we actually have something in Dobson, and he isn't looking the best outside Amendola just because the rest of the group is crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Reiss gave Dowling one of his awards for best performer thus far. Weird.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I've seen a few sites call Dowling's camp so far "atrocious" so... yeah.

Basically saying he's doing nothing right.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:02 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I've seen a few sites call Dowling's camp so far "atrocious" so... yeah.

Basically saying he's doing nothing right.
What sites have you been seeing this on? Most places I have seen have said he is doing fine in camp so far, being physical on the jam etc

Now, I have been seeing that he isn't getting a lot of work with the top unit (mainly Talib, Dennard and Arrington) but I haven't seen anywhere that is saying Dowling has been bad so to say

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Haha getting a free release helps. Lets see how he does against jams. Really need this kid to contribute this year for us tho.

Whats also frustrating to hear is how good Dennard has been in camp.

On a less frustrating note, Jones is said to be having himself quite a camp with a diving int. (on Tebow, surprise surprise)
It sounds like Dennard may get the whole DUI thing tossed. Let's hope so, and hope he wasn't being an idiot. While we're hoping, we'll just tack on the hope that he really gets it at this point and stays on the straight and narrow.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
It sounds like Dennard may get the whole DUI thing tossed. Let's hope so, and hope he wasn't being an idiot. While we're hoping, we'll just tack on the hope that he really gets it at this point and stays on the straight and narrow.
The whole account going round at the minute is so sketchy. Apparently he had 2 beers in the evening then fell asleep at around 9. He drove at 1 and was pulled over. Allegedly then he didn't "blow hard enough" to register on the breathalyser. Firstly, 2 beers isn't going to put most people over the limit, let alone a NFL player after 3 hours of sleep, secondly, to me it sounds as though he is getting a little payback from the police for the incident last year.

He is stupid for going back there and putting himself in this position, but from what I have been hearing he didn't really do anything wrong

Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
The whole account going round at the minute is so sketchy. Apparently he had 2 beers in the evening then fell asleep at around 9. He drove at 1 and was pulled over. Allegedly then he didn't "blow hard enough" to register on the breathalyser. Firstly, 2 beers isn't going to put most people over the limit, let alone a NFL player after 3 hours of sleep, secondly, to me it sounds as though he is getting a little payback from the police for the incident last year.

He is stupid for going back there and putting himself in this position, but from what I have been hearing he didn't really do anything wrong
I was thinking the same, all the way around.

Basically, most accounts have said the same thing as far as the merits of the case. He did fine in a field sobriety test and then didn't blow hard enough to register. He says he wasn't even asked to do a blood test. Bottom line seems to be the court would have to convict based on video/audio of the stop (which may well reveal they asked him to blow harder and he didn't +/- refusing a blood test). If Dennard is in the right it should be somewhat clear on tape and he should be fine.

Sketchy is the right word for it.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
What sites have you been seeing this on? Most places I have seen have said he is doing fine in camp so far, being physical on the jam etc

Now, I have been seeing that he isn't getting a lot of work with the top unit (mainly Talib, Dennard and Arrington) but I haven't seen anywhere that is saying Dowling has been bad so to say
Both the official Patriots' site blog and the globe say he's struggling really bad. The globe went as far to say:

Quote:
CB Ras-I Dowling: Never made a play on the ball in any of the 1-on-1 drills, and overall had a pretty brutal day in coverage working mostly with the second team.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Both the official Patriots' site blog and the globe say he's struggling really bad. The globe went as far to say:
Well that's not good. I don't think at this point anyone is expecting huge things from Dowling, but he needs to be able to step in when needed to cover for Talib's inevitable injury or Dennard getting suspended

Old 07-30-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been reading up on some fantasy football news and most places I've checked out has Shane Vereen as their #1 or #2 breakout candidate. Do you guys agree?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I've been reading up on some fantasy football news and most places I've checked out has Shane Vereen as their #1 or #2 breakout candidate. Do you guys agree?
Ppr only. Ridley isnt likely to lose his place. The assumption is that vereen will get the bulk of the passing side w/o woodhead plus a boost in production from the wr/te flux. I think he will outplay his adp but I think his name is getting too much attention for that to last.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Ridley has continued to have fumbling problems through camp however, so who knows. In my opinion, never trust a patriots player in fantasy not named Brady or Gronkowski (although the latter is subject to change, pending his injury)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-31-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Don't play FF, especially not with Patriots. Brady and Gostkowski are the only two that I would trust.

Shane Vereen could get more touches and be a solid surprise, or Belichick could go in full FU mode and play Lagarette Blount and Leon Washington 95% of the snaps.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kept Vereen in a keeper league. It's ppr, but I could se him playing a pretty big part this year. Ridley is still the main guy though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:08 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I'm not sure. I think we can expect to see Vereen in approximately 40% of the snaps this year. He is actually an underrated runner amd his potential out of the backfield or flexed out gives added options.

Also, as Jvig said, Ridley can't hold on to the ball. 2 fumbles on Monday and he lost it during a ball security drill yesterday. If BB can't trust Ridley to hold on to the ball then he won't get the same amount of snaps as last year

Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another Rutgers player! We're 1 away from 10.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'm not sure I am alright with the release of Mcdonald. Good depth player.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-31-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also with this many Rutgers players, the Giants are basically going to have to become Scotty's second favorite team in the NFL soon.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-01-2013, 05:58 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not sure I am alright with the release of Mcdonald. Good depth player.
I'm hearing it's to do with injury, not sure I see the point in releasing him rather than wait and see at the first round of cuts, but if he's hurt we can't really be keeping people around

Old 08-01-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Also with this many Rutgers players, the Giants are basically going to have to become Scotty's second favorite team in the NFL soon.
We should just start mocking every rutgers player to NE and and point back to those mocks when we inevitably hit a few.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots signed Lavasier Tuinei. I've been a big fan of his ever since I saw him in the last game of his college career against Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, he was offensive player of the game. Physically he's got all the tools to be a WR, 6-5 and 33 inch vert. I recall him being faster but apparently he didn't do very well when he ran the 40. I know that he is probably a long shot to make the roster but with Belichick having implemented some elements of Chip Kelly's offense last season and Tuinei being familiar with an up tempo offense I'm interested to see what he can do in training camp. Hopefully I'll get to see him in some preseason games.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

surprise surprise, dowling leaves practice early with an injury

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Dobson came back and had himself an awesome practice. Nesn is really high on him and suggesting that he could be big for us down the road.Hoping thats true and not a case of nesn being nesn.

Quote:
Quote: