Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-30-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Matthews on LT and Watt on RT is a big advantage.

Can we start a #s thing to text people when they are up?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea we should do a quicker time limit now.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Depends on your concept/philosophy.

Having Brady w/ CJ and Roddy White is a gigantic advantage over anyone :P :P :P
Old 07-30-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea we should do a quicker time limit now.
I'm all for it if you guys want to take down numbers or leave them here that's fine.

But there's really no rush to finish it.

Matter of fact, now that Harvin's out for the year we should probably just stop now and not even finish.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

we could just say injuries don't matter.

And longer clocks could lead to the thing eventually dying,
Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK. Then.

Announcement!

The clock for being skipped is now 4 HOURS! but there is no clock from 1am to 10am ET.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

any adjustments regarding injuries?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the injuries, makes it more realistic and you shouldn't change stuff like that once it's started

For the most part I think we've all done really well. Aside from my 7hr and something delay when I was sleeping, the longest time has been somewhere around 2 hours.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Having Brady w/ CJ and Roddy White is a gigantic advantage over anyone :P :P :P
When you have no defense and no line to block for em :P

Quote:
we could just say injuries don't matter.

And longer clocks could lead to the thing eventually dying,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I like the injuries, makes it more realistic and you shouldn't change stuff like that once it's started

For the most part I think we've all done really well. Aside from my 7hr and something delay when I was sleeping, the longest time has been somewhere around 2 hours.

Its based on the next 3 years, so injuries shouldnt be TOO big of a deal.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post

Its based on the next 3 years, so injuries shouldnt be TOO big of a deal.
I'm pretty sure it says to "draft the best team for this year"
Old 07-30-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Guys I explained that in the first post of the selection thread. Think of this as a fantasy draft RIGHT NOW. So everyone you take is subject to whatever happens to them in real life. This way we are all accountable, there's some realism, and you can't stack your team with make-believe healthy guys like Harvin, etc.

It will affect voting too so be careful...
Old 07-30-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

The idea is to get a pulse of the value of everyone in the league right now. I would be fascinated if a group of former personnel guys sat around and did this on TV. It would be far better than the pro bowl anyway.

I also never understood the "best over 3 years" angle to these drafts. What exactly does that mean? That three seasons will be played? Isn't it most likely that three different champions will be crowned during the span? Meaning your team might have vets but a team stacked with good youngsters wouldn't beat you until year 3. Idk I just never got it.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I agree and I think that's for the best gpngc.

It dd realism and the concerns real GMs have with drafting injury prone players. Hopefully none of our early selections get injured, but that's part of this thing
Old 07-30-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
The idea is to get a pulse of the value of everyone in the league right now. I would be fascinated if a group of former personnel guys sat around and did this on TV. It would be far better than the pro bowl anyway.

I also never understood the "best over 3 years" angle to these drafts. What exactly does that mean? That three seasons will be played? Isn't it most likely that three different champions will be crowned during the span? Meaning your team might have vets but a team stacked with good youngsters wouldn't beat you until year 3. Idk I just never got it.
We did this a while ago and I didn't care for it much, young studs go higher than proven guys and there's no way to tell how long a guy can stay healthy and can play. Windows close early in this league and many players at the top of the game right now may not be here in 3 years
Old 07-30-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I thought of making it a draft where you could draft two college players.

And we'd have two separate votes.

A champion for season 1 and a champion for season 3 or 4.

But then I decided to do this because while it's simple, it's rarely ever done, and it really takes the pulse of the perceived value of players in today's game.

Like I said, a draft like this would be much mroe interesting than the stupid top 100 list.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

The guys on TNT (Barkley, etc) did that couple years ago, before Shaq. They did a All-Time NBA Draft. Would be cool to see GMs and all do it too.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

But then I decided to do this because while it's simple, it's rarely ever done, and it really takes the pulse of the perceived value of players in today's game.

Like I said, a draft like this would be much mroe interesting than the stupid top 100 list.
Eh, I feel you but then, in essence, we should have 32 people doing this. Then you'd see the QBs go right quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Eh, I feel you but then, in essence, we should have 32 people doing this. Then you'd see the QBs go right quick.
Thats true. If it was 32, or even 20 or something, I woulda went QB first. But since its 10, I can roll with a top 10 QB
Old 07-31-2013, 02:33 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am all in favour of the shorter time limit. I just have a little request: I am spending the rest of today moving out of my old appartment, so dont know much Ill be able to get online the rest of the day. If we can maintain the 8 hour limit for today, and then switch to the 4 hour limit tomorrow, I would be very happy :-)
From tomorrow I should have the time to follow this closely, and be quick when I am on the clock.
Is that cool with you guys?

Oh, and regarding the injury question.. I assume that any kind of suspensions are included in this as well?
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm fine with giving you an 8 hr limit, but I think everyone else should be able to do the 4hr limit. But I think as long as you try to get on around 8pm here (I don't know any time conversion or anything) you should be fine also

How does this limit work, because Prock was used up like 2.5 hours last night and now its approaching 2 hours today, and it's been like 13hrs total. So does that 2.5 before the no clock area and 2hrs after add together or not?

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 07-31-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, thanks to some unexpected help, that went easier than I expected. Moving is over, and I dont need the 8 hour clock anyway. Ill be on later tonight.

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 07-31-2013 at 12:30 PM.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

this thing is going to die quickly, no pick in 15 hours? Come on meow...
Old 07-31-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

prock is skipped, holtbruce is up until 6 pm.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm here. I was out last night and my phone died. Pick up shortly.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

no problem.