Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 07-28-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I looked on rotoworld and the only important player is Pitta and Oher. 2014 however is gonna be a challenge to resign everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We may get pitta at a discounted price. Oher may walk. I really want us to keep Arthur Jones
Old 07-28-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest I'm not too concerned about Oher staying or going given what he's shown so far. This is probably a bigger year for him than anyone else on the team. If Oher shows any sort of improvement and consistency I bet some team will give him some good LT money. Regardless I think LT is going to be a need for the Ravens next season since I don't believe in him on that side. I have more faith in him than McKinnie though. Oher signing elsewhere would open up a hole at RT but I still want to see what Reid can do there. I'd be willing to bet on him for a year than re-sign Oher to a substantial deal. Now if Oher comes at a somewhat reasonable price that's different.

I'm not expecting Jones to be back, at least not if he's going to command anything over about 4 million a year. Signing Canty and Spears to multi-year deals gives the team depth along with the likes of Ngata and Tyson. McPhee could easily be moved back there full-time as well (I still think he sees a lot snaps at DE this season). The Ravens won't necessarily need Jones and we all know they won't overpay for guys like him.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post

Would you rather have Boldin over Dumervil plus Canty and/or Huff? Even in the situation the Ravens are in now I think the answer is pretty obvious. Back then they couldn't have added Elvis plus at least one of the other guys since they didn't have a ton of cap space.

I honestly would take Boldin over Canty. But regards to being able to keep Boldin we could have but it would have had us making some moves.

http://russellstreetreport.com/proje...f-2013-season/

This has us at about 3.5 million. I think it could have been possible, if we don't sign Spears and David Reed that is roughly 2 million in cap $. Im sure if we really tried we could wiggle out another $500,000 to keep Boldin. So we could have worked out a way to get Boldin, but the FO didn't want him that much.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasn't a question of Boldin or Canty, but Dumervil + Canty and/or Huff.

_______

That's what the cap situation is now, not back in March. At that time Leach was still on the roster and the three guys I mentioned before weren't. I forgot about Reed and Spears since their deals are insignificant individually but together they do add up to a couple of million. But then there's McKinnie too. I'm not a fan of his but when you add up all the parts Boldin's individual value isn't close.

Then you have to factor in that teams usually don't go down right to the wire in cap space because they have to leave some cushion room to prepare for when guys go on IR since they still count against the cap and the team needs to bring in somebody to replace them.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hes baaaaack.. According to Adam Schefter Vonta Leach have resigned with the Ravens on a 2 year deal.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Damn I didn't expect a 2 year deal. Overall a great move because juice will be seeing a ton of h back now and he just sucks at lead blocking apparently
Old 07-29-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Damn I didn't expect a 2 year deal. Overall a great move because juice will be seeing a ton of h back now and he just sucks at lead blocking apparently
Love the Leach move, that I give Ozzie credit for in properly evaluating the situation. Great to have him back, great for Pierce to run through those holes and now Rice can be even more involved in the passing game. Feeling a bit better now about the offense.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree should be interesting how much more Caldwell runs the ball now that pitta is out compared to our playoff run
Old 07-29-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

After giving Flacco all that money I don't think they're going to be running the ball too much more than they have been. QBs make receivers (except in when the WR is at a Johnson or Fitzgerald level) and I have faith in Flacco to produce. Maybe they should focus on the run more but I doubt it happens and I'm really intrigued to see what the young receivers can bring to the table. Doss and Thompson mostly but Mellette might sneak in some reps too. I'm not expecting anything offensively from Reed or Williams. To me they're mainly special teams players.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Just a random thing I have noticed is our CB Depth is going to be ridiculous. Johnson,Jackson,Lee,Anthony,Brown all have improved a ton according to reports. Jimmy Smith is looking bad but Im not concerned yet about him.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much to comment on, wow, I'm glad football is back.

Vonta Leach, whouw, how about that signing. No matter what this means to our gameplan, which I think is very little, it is so important that we can add that incredible physical aspect to our game - even if it is only for 20 snaps a game. We add some contingency with Leach, and we get a great and well respected player back for cheap. Whats not to like?

Losing Pitta hurts, and signing Shiancoe doesn't make up for it, but he can provide that big body to make some catches in the red zone and be used as that extra tight end in 2-tight end sets opposite Dickson. Reading about Pittas injury and Harbaughs comments seem to me, that even though he is out for the year, he will recover and that he is in the teams plans. Imo this is now we should make that long term deal with Pitta. 1) So we got him locked up for years. 2) And this is even more important. Giving Pitta a long term contract should give him some security, so he won't rush his rehabilitation, which could be devastating. Let him know, that he still has a job, and let him get back in time instead of rushing things.

This trading-boldin-was-a-bad-idea nonsense has got to stop. No doubt he was an extremely important part of our offense and a huge reason we won the Lombardi Trophy, but his departure outweighs still having him on the team. Economics is one thing, and I believe we all can agree with, that we signed some pretty solid players which was made possible because of that trade.

Also, we have so much young receiver depth, that was stuck behind Boldin, which never got the chance to prove themselves. Yes, it is a chance to take hoping someone will step up, but as people already mentioned, this is where Flacco has to step up and make his receivers better. In the new scheme, we also should be less dependant on one player like Boldin, because we have more options alongside an H-back in Juicecheck, which we haven't utilized under Cam Camerons regime.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree with that last paragraph. I just hope someone develops. I read some reports from training camp and Doss is looking good, someone even said he will be just as much a #2 WR as Jones. He also said Deonte Thompson is getting reps also and is working the middle of the field real well. That is what I like to hear. I hope Deonte hands and routes improve. His speed in the slot will be ridiculous. He also said Streeter and Mellette are working w/ the 3rd team so I expect practice squad or IR stashes with them.

Another thing he noted was Bynes looked real good. I was glad to hear that I really like Bynes, he is the kind of player you root for.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with that last paragraph. I just hope someone develops. I read some reports from training camp and Doss is looking good, someone even said he will be just as much a #2 WR as Jones. He also said Deonte Thompson is getting reps also and is working the middle of the field real well. That is what I like to hear. I hope Deonte hands and routes improve. His speed in the slot will be ridiculous. He also said Streeter and Mellette are working w/ the 3rd team so I expect practice squad or IR stashes with them.

Another thing he noted was Bynes looked real good. I was glad to hear that I really like Bynes, he is the kind of player you root for.
The thing that stands out to me in various reports is, that Thompson isn't just a burner but a rather gifted route runner, who was just in a bad situation in college. In regard to Streeter, I am pretty sure he was projected as a 3-4 year prospect, so its not a surprise to me. Mellette probably just has to adjust to the level, he definately has the physical treats to become a good receiver.

I was really high on Bynes as a late round project a couple of years ago. He was a standard late round pick for me in every gm mock I did. A leader at Auburn with great instincts and tackling ability in the box. That he went directly from the practice squad to wear the headset and calling the plays on defense speaks volumes of his ability in that area and the coaching staffs confidence in him.

That said, he really is limited athletically (don't think thats a real word) and he will struggle in coverage just as he will be overaggressive at times. As a thumber though, I have great confidence in him and we know we have a warrior on the field, when he is playing that one inside linebacker spot.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

The reports I have read is he is looking real good in coverage. That is making me excited we have 3 legit cover ILB now. Smith/Brown/Bynes. I could see Smith and Bynes being starters on opening day and Brown coming in on 3rd down.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Quote:
The reports I have read is he is looking real good in coverage. That is making me excited we have 3 legit cover ILB now. Smith/Brown/Bynes. I could see Smith and Bynes being starters on opening day and Brown coming in on 3rd down.
I've read the same reports, and while it is encouraging, I have to see it to believe it. Bynes acknowledged himself as the thumber type going into the draft, but in our system it doesn't have to be a negative as he can play to his strenghts, if we have a linebacker with coverage skills next to him.

Suggs advocating for him isn't a bad thing either.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

He can improve though we will see.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...6-b8b483b9410d

That's a good article on McPhee. How he is learning everything. It was good to see that he may have his role he had as a rookie. That makes me even more excited. I honestly think we may contend for the best D this year.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So according to various report Ed Dickson have looked really good the last couple of days of practice, catching almost anything thrown his way and running good routes. Lets hope he keeps it up going forward.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah I'm steal excited. Our vertical game can be great.

Asa Jackson suspended for PED. 2nd suspension. What a idiot.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

getting real tired of Asa Jackson. I had high hopes for him but he keeps getting suspended.

Also, FWIW apparently Tandon Doss is the standout out of all the WR's in camp. Or at least he's the one getting the most balls thrown his way.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

He said it was a paper work issue. We will see how it plays out. And I saw that also ill keep my eye on him Sunday when I watch them practice
Old 08-03-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doss probably will be the guy out of the group. I like him coming out and so did Flacco.

Honestly we could just move on from Asa if he is suspened. We are surprisingly decent at corner now.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 08-04-2013, 04:30 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Its weird.. By my estimation I have seen more than 120 of the games Jonathan Ogden played in. Most of them multiple times. To this day I cant wrap my head around, just how enormous a human being he actually is.
Anyways, great to see him enter the HoF last night. May he be the first of many a Raven to go to Canton!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

A man that big shouldn't move that well.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 08-05-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-3f66d47bdab5

Glad to see he is doing well. I have always been a big fan of him