Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-01-2013, 05:52 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would you guys rank the 2nd year Quarterbacks?

1. Colin Kaepernick (5th round)
2. Russell Wilson (5th round)
3. Andrew Luck (6th round)
4. Robert Griffin (6th round)
5. Ryan Tannehill (undrafted)

(Where I would feel comfortable drafting them)

I might even put Wilson at one just cuz I've seen a full season of him. But I just can't get Kaep's postseason out of my head. Could be beastly for a squad.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year more than anything I'm looking for consistency when it comes to players. That's why I have Frank Gore so high up my board. I think I'd take him with a top 15 pick. And I love LeSean McCoy this year too, probably would take him in the top 5. Shady had 10+ fantasy points in 10 of his 12 games he played in. I love that consistency. That means if he stays healthy, 13/16 games he gets you at least 10 fantasy points. I'll take that over a guy like Jamaal Charles who was a top 3 RB but only had 9 weeks of 10 or more points.

Same with Quarterbacks. I look at there game log last year and the 3-year period average points. Aaron Rodgers had the 2nd most fantasy points last year, but only got 20+ fantasy points in 9 of 16 games. Same as Russell Wilson. Colin Kaepernick through half a season 5/8.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

I might even put Wilson at one just cuz I've seen a full season of him. But I just can't get Kaep's postseason out of my head. Could be beastly for a squad.
That's about the same with me, I MIGHT draft Kaep or Wilson in the 4th if the board is pretty well cleared of someone I want, but that's really not likely to happen.

For RG3 I'd drop them to around the 8th-9th. RG3 has just a little too much risk for me, and the new Colts offense worries me about Lucks production where he's not even on my board. If the draft fell where I was in the 8th without a QB, I'd grab RG3 and then try to come back a round or 2 later and get Romo or Stafford etc.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
That's about the same with me, I MIGHT draft Kaep or Wilson in the 4th if the board is pretty well cleared of someone I want, but that's really not likely to happen.

For RG3 I'd drop them to around the 8th-9th. RG3 has just a little too much risk for me, and the new Colts offense worries me about Lucks production where he's not even on my board. If the draft fell where I was in the 8th without a QB, I'd grab RG3 and then try to come back a round or 2 later and get Romo or Stafford etc.
I really like Stafford this year. I think he's gone by the 6th or 7th. He's going to have his big target obviously, and a healthy Ryan Broyles and Reggie Bush should help him tremendously.

If you can get him in the 9th or 10th. That's a ******* steal.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'd draft RG3 as long as I have a contingency plan drafted a few rounds later. Dalton/Palmer are two QBs that will put up 20+ TDs this year, which isn't bad, so one could easily take the high risk/high reward on RG3 and still have an average starter sitting waiting in case he gets injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Stafford in the 9th in my one, I was stoked. In my others he's gone in the 6th or 7th, sometimes to me sometimes to someone else.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where would you guys target Tavon Austin?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

It's all about value. The top 4, I really don't care who I get all that much, I'm probably trying to get the last 1 available out of the 4. If I was dead set on taking a QB though, I'd go Luck first if it was a dynasty, and redraft I'd take CK just because he's my personal favorite and even with no Crabs think he offers the most upside.

Tanny is a tier below because he hasn't performed like the others, but unlike most I'd start Tanny this year in any fantasy football league if I was top heavy elsewhere. As in I was able to load up on every other position early.

Typically though I'm not targeting a specific QB in any drafts as it's just not taking advantage of ADP. I'm building my team through my WR's and RB's and then keeping an eye on the QB's at each pick and I'd take the last of the remaining guys. If it's redraft, you can get Romo at incredible value for a big time QB starter, he's probably going to throw for 4500 yards with 30 TD's and have production that matches guys like Stafford, Matt Ryan, or one of the 2nd year QB's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
where would you guys target Tavon Austin?
I'll take him in the 6th. Would be more comfortable taking him 7th or 8th.

He'll get overdrafted in my money league. I think he's gone by the 5th.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Who would you take as a #3 or #4. And what round do you think I could get these guys in?

1. Anquan Boldin
2. Lance Moore
3. Steve Johnson
4. Kenny Britt
5. Ryan Broyles

And is Cecil Shorts good enough to be a #2 WR?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'd take them all, I really like all of them in the area they'll be drafted. I'd rank them:

1) Anquan
2) Kenny Britt
3) Lance Moore
4) Stevie Johnson
5) Ryan Broyles

That's standard league no PPR.

In pretty much every one of my leagues they've all gone round 9 or later.

I wouldn't trust Cecil shorts, nothing against him personally, but the QB is too shaky.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Yeah I would have Anquan as my #1 as well. previous 3-year average has been 130 total points (8 points per game on average) And last year in Baltimore he was targeted 112 times in 15 games (7.5 targets a game) and had over 7 targets a game in 9 of his 15 matchups. And now he goes to San Fran where with the Crabtree injury is going to be the #1 threat at Receiver and won't have a Torrey Smith type player to take targets away from him.

I'm really high on Britt this year and I think a lot of people in my league have forgotten about him. I'd be really happy if I got both Boldin and Britt in the later rounds as backups.

My rough draft right now....

1. Ray Rice/Lesean McCoy
2. Frank Gore
3. Larry Fitzgerald/Randall Cobb/Andre Johnson/Vjax
4. Reggie Bush/Leveon Bell/Darren Sproles/Lamar Miller
5. Eric Decker/Danny Amendola/Antonio Brown/Jordyzzzzz/Bowe
6. Kaep/Russell Wilson/Stafford
7. Giovani Bernard/Ronnie Hillman
8. Top defense
9. Anquan/Britt/lANCE Moore/Mike Williams/Michael Floyd
10. Bryce Brown/Bernard Pierce
11. M. Bennett/Brandon Myers
12. DeAndre Hopkins/Broyles

This is at least what I've been doing in the mocks lately.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 08-01-2013 at 10:46 PM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was just offered stevan ridley and wes welker for marshawn lynch in a PPR... i should take that, right? would give me keepers of ben/AD/ridley/bmarshall/welker.. my only other consideration is a counter offer of Ben+Lynch for Ridley+Welker+Stafford/Romo but i think that's asking too much

Last edited by sbh15 : 08-03-2013 at 05:10 PM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i was just offered stevan ridley and wes welker for marshawn lynch in a PPR... i should take that, right? would give me keepers of ben/AD/ridley/bmarshall/welker.. my only other consideration is a counter offer of Ben+Lynch for Ridley+Welker+Stafford/Romo but i think that's asking too much
I'd accept that right away
Old 08-03-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i just realized welker outscored lynch by himself in this league last season... even if he's only half or 3/4 as productive i still get a good deal here. lynch was more expendable because i have AD and we only need to start 1 rb but we can play up to 3
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Wow that's a monster steal!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in a ppr league where passing TD's are 6 points how much more value does that put on a QB?
Old 08-05-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

It places more value on them obviously, the ones that get Tds could really make or break your team. You're potentially talking about a 60 point swing on a guy that gets 30 tds.

It also eliminates the gaps from guys that get rushing tds, guys like Cam and Kaep aren't as a valuable now IMO.

In that league, I'd probably try to grab a guy like Rodgers or Brees in the first 3 rounds.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what's pretty hilarious about the fantasy football generation.

Andrew Luck is quite clearly one of the best players in the entire NFL. Fantasy footballers frequently draft inferior talents due to things like situation, opportunity, and supporting cast.

Andrew Luck transcends these things, as evidenced by his rookie year, and if you go back to a llllllllllllllllloooooooooooooongggggg time ago when he was hyped up as the next best QB and one of the top prospects of all-time. Then he went out on the field and proved it in year one.

Have we forgotten that? Is Andrew Luck no longer Andrew Luck?

Or is he not as flashy as his counter parts?

Getting Andrew Luck - who is an absolute stone-cold LOCK as a top-15 overall scorer in the 6th round is beyond a steal.

He's

A) EASILY the best player you can get in that range.
B) The ENTIRE Colts offense
C) A year wiser

Let everyone else worry about RGIII's knee, Wilson's yards, and Kaep's receivers.

I'll take the best of them all a round or two later.

It's almost as if Andrew Luck has been in the league for 8 years and he's no longer the sexy pick.

If he doesn't improve on his numbers from last year I'd be shocked.

He's ANDREW LUCK. For some reason fantasy footballers have forgotten that ALREADY.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
It places more value on them obviously, the ones that get Tds could really make or break your team. You're potentially talking about a 60 point swing on a guy that gets 30 tds.

It also eliminates the gaps from guys that get rushing tds, guys like Cam and Kaep aren't as a valuable now IMO.

In that league, I'd probably try to grab a guy like Rodgers or Brees in the first 3 rounds.
Cam still gets 6 points for every rushing TD. in my league and Rodgers will be gone in the first. do I reach for manning in the second? that's what I'm contemplating the most..

edit: if I can get luck in the 6th I'll jizz my pants.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 08-05-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah but before his 20 ptds and 10rtds = 140pts, while a guy like Rodgers 35ptds + 2rtds = 152pts. Now 20ptds + 10rtds= 180pts, while Rodgers gets 212pts. It widens the gap between the true passing QBs and the rushing QBs in terms of td points. I personally like Brees if he's there, I think with Payton coming back it'll be lights out on offense and would grab him early, he should be good for 40+ tds.

I'd stay away from Luck, he'll likely see a slump in yards, even in passing tds and decrease in rushing tds. The new offensive scheme is going to focus more on the run and short passing game. They don't want Luck to throw 627 times and be top 6 in the nfl in passing attempts like they were last season
Old 08-05-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

you like brees if he's where? I'm playing with a bunch of saints fans he's going to go top 5...
Old 08-05-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't touch Brees til at least round 2. I'd really just go with your instinct, don't overpay for a QB when top RBs are available. But don't totally ignore the position either
Old 08-05-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
I wouldn't touch Brees til at least round 2. I'd really just go with your instinct, don't overpay for a QB when top RBs are available. But don't totally ignore the position either
Agreed. If someone wants to spend a top 5 pick on Drew Brees, let em. Just means a good player is going to slide to your pick.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
DrunkenMonkey13
Rookie

DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenMonkey13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keeper question:

Would you guys keep Marshawn Lynch at #9 overall or Randall Cobb in the 12th round? I am already set on keeping Doug Martin in the 4th round, and we only keep two total.

A bunch of the top RBs are being kept. It gets ugly quick at RB after taking the keepers into consideration.

I have mocked both scenarios several times. When I keep Lynch, I end up with something like this:

1. Lynch
2. Marshall/Bryant
3. Welker/Cruz
4. Martin

When I keep Cobb, it looks something like this:
1. Jimmy Graham
2. Marshall/Bryant
3. Best RB Available (Dwilson, Lmiller, MBall, Ivory, Sproles to name a couple)
4. Martin
12. Cobb

Any thoughts? It's a 12 teamer. Mostly standard scoring. (and keep in mind those mocks could be way off)

Last edited by DrunkenMonkey13 : 08-05-2013 at 06:27 PM.
DrunkenMonkey13 is offline   Reply With Quote