Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
What are Holloman's odds for making the team? He was definitely an underrated player here.
I would like to think high, as he's an ideal groom for the 4-3 SLB behind Justin Durant. This really gave me a better idea of who he was and how good of a fit he is in this defense: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...ms-lb-holloman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
How did Martin play on the right side last year? Didn't he start all 16 games? I didn't watch enough Dolphins games to know, but it seems odd to have a relatively high pick switch from one side to the other and now everyone's saying he's terrible. Seems like the switch shouldn't have that much of an impact on the way he plays, but maybe that just shows what I know about the differences between playing right and left tackle.
Martin looked mediocre, at best, on the right side last year. Honestly, one of the big reasons Miami felt okay with letting Long go was because Martin looked BETTER when he flipped over to left tackle for the final 4 games after Long got hurt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

George Selvie is looking like his old self from his sophomore year at South Florida, having a field day at RDE against Dallas Thomas. It's hard to say how much of it is his play and how much is Thomas' ineptitude, but I'm happy to see him having success, even if it is for my most hated team.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas looked solid in his snaps at guard, he's completely overwhelmed out at LT though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God the NFL is gonna be soft this year.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Thomas looked solid in his snaps at guard, he's completely overwhelmed out at LT though.
Yeah, in that play where Selvie picked up the sack it was all power bullrush. Selvie isn't even that big of a guy, although it does look like he has bulked up some. Thomas seems off-balance and lost out there.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami's uniforms are horrific.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Miami's uniforms are horrific.
Eh, I actually like them. The only real change I'd make is probably toning down the color a bit.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Eh, I actually like them. The only real change I'd make is probably toning down the color a bit.
^

I don't love them but the logo/unis are quite a bit better than their old ones.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They look like walking highlighters. I stand by horrific.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dig em. Great change.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like them a lot more than the old ones. Why do the elderly hate bright colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You guys like terrible things.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I like the new color A LOT better than I did the teal. Their teal unis were among the 5 ugliest ever IMO. Of course, Tampa Creamsicle will always take the cake.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I also thought Keenan Davis had a nice game for the Dolphins. He's a big, strong receiver with good hands who scored their only TD on a 4th down play, as well as keeping their next drive alive with a 1st down reception on something like 4th and 4.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the new color and the toned down orange. Much better than the old unis.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see the jerseys in a different stadium. They looked odd but they might be better with normal NFL lighting I hope.

The old logo was world better. The new one looks too generic for my tastes. It could be a logo for a day spa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I want to see the jerseys in a different stadium. They looked odd but they might be better with normal NFL lighting I hope.

The old logo was world better. The new one looks too generic for my tastes. It could be a logo for a day spa.
I did like the old logo better as well.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The emergence of George Selvie?
Old 08-05-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I wish we could have a thread without J-Mike bringing the Packers up out of no where.
To be fair he didn't bring up injuries.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
The emergence of George Selvie?
You know it isn't that far-fetched. I watched a lot of him in college, and he is a natural at getting to the QB. He did it all on athletic ability, though, and was definitely undersized (I think about 240 lbs).

Now the Cowboys are listing him at 270 and he definitely looks it. Plus he has one of the best defensive line coaches in Rod Marinelli.

Don't get me wrong, it's only the 1st preseason game. But he showed a nice blend of speed and power, and was decent against the run as well. I'm not saying he is the next Simeon Rice, but as far as size/stature/athletic ability, they are very similar.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. He's in the perfect situation now. It was Miami's tackles and back ups, but that is what you want to see from him. He stood out to me in addition to the RBs on both teams, and Travis Frederick. He could be end up being the Logan Mankins type pick for the Cowboys.

Dallas Thomas got ******* bull rushed by Selvie here

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1375669586

When are they going to turn 1 or 2 of these preseason games in to regular season games? Dallas and Miami have to play 5 of these. I thought MIA and Dallas did a good job of handling the game though. It gives a lot of reps to the guys fighting for jobs. I love and hate the preseason.

Last edited by Scotty D : 08-05-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
George Selvie is looking like his old self from his sophomore year at South Florida, having a field day at RDE against Dallas Thomas. It's hard to say how much of it is his play and how much is Thomas' ineptitude, but I'm happy to see him having success, even if it is for my most hated team.
Miami's tackles suck out loud, so I'd wait and see if he can keep it up, but Selvie should do well in a backup role under Kiffin and Marinelli.

Their system is perfect for him, assuming they're running anything close to what Kiffin made famous in Tampa.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Yeah Thomas was way out of his league tonight. I don't know how good he is at guard, but he was definitely outmatched at tackle.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phish helmets are a lot better, still undecided on the Uni's though.

I still want to see the chemistry between Tanny and Wallace before I decide on their offense.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote