Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 04-24-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSupaChargers View Post
As for who I would like to see in a chargers uni

Realistically:
Brandon Meriweather or Sidney Rice in the first
Aaron Rouse or Craig Davis/Aundrae Allison in the second
Michael Bush/Kenny Irons in the third
I think we'll need to draft more of a power back than Bush or Irons to help spell LT on short yardage situations
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
SDSupaChargers
Rookie

SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I think we'll need to draft more of a power back than Bush or Irons to help spell LT on short yardage situations
Okay, so maybe that eliminates Bush, but I still thing Irons would be a good fit. He breaks a lot of tackles, but a lot of people are worried about his being able to carry a full load because of his size. That means he could be a great back up RB that we could actually keep.

On a side note, I forgot to mention Michael Johnson as another player that I would love to see in a chargers uni. I was just watching some film of him today, and I really think he could develop into a star.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Eric Weddle

They just talked about him a little bit on NFLN, I'm starting to like this guy more and more as we approach the draft. I used to want Safety round one, but my ideal draft situation is switching to something that looks a little more like Meachem/Ginn/Bowe in round one, with Weddle sometime in the second, he looks like he can be a stud, not to mention how versatile he is....what do you guys think about him
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
KRS1
Rookie

KRS1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A guy I have been looking at at RB if Turner leaves is Desean Wynn of Florida. That guy is built like Turner and although he doesn't have a great career to lean on he looks to be a solid guy that could learn behind one of the greatest. I also like the pure athleticism of Chris Henry from Arizona but I don't think he will be there in the 4th round and that's when I see A.J. addressing the position.
KRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
SDSupaChargers
Rookie

SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SDSupaChargers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
A guy I have been looking at at RB if Turner leaves is Desean Wynn of Florida. That guy is built like Turner and although he doesn't have a great career to lean on he looks to be a solid guy that could learn behind one of the greatest. I also like the pure athleticism of Chris Henry from Arizona but I don't think he will be there in the 4th round and that's when I see A.J. addressing the position.
Wynn has work ethic and weight problems. Could be a steal if he plays up to his potential, but could also be a waste of a pick. Tony Hunt is another guy that could be available in the third or fourth round. What do you all think about him? He has power, but he also has some fumbling issues.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
zdh87
Rookie

zdh87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default No Ginn

Teddy Ginn will be the second coming of Troy Williamson...mark my words. I would like to see Anthony Gonzalez in SD or maybe one of the safties, Griffin or Merriwether. Though, Merriwether just rubs me the wrong way...sorta like Sammy Davis feeling, I don't know why, I just get that feeling. If we don't get a S in the first, look for Eric Weddle.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdh87 View Post
Teddy Ginn will be the second coming of Troy Williamson...mark my words. I would like to see Anthony Gonzalez in SD or maybe one of the safties, Griffin or Merriwether. Though, Merriwether just rubs me the wrong way...sorta like Sammy Davis feeling, I don't know why, I just get that feeling. If we don't get a S in the first, look for Eric Weddle.
If we got Ginn at 30 I would be thrilled. Not becuase I think he is going to be a spectacular receiver as an all-around guy, but because as #2 receiver he's perfect. Yes, he has some similarities to Williamson, but even Williamson has been in the NFL for just two years, with a guy like Brad Johnson and a rookie QB throwing to him, can you blame him for not being in a groove yet? Not to mention he's been asked to be the #1 receiver and has not been given a fair chance yet to live up to that....

Even with that said, Ginn may be similar but they are not the same guy. Ginn would make a great speedy WR for the Chargers to have to compliment Vjax, and open up the middle of the field for Gates. This is all of course, if he is even there at 30. He'll also be able to field kickoffs and punts (better than Parker) once MT leaves, either this year or next.

I would hate to see Gonz at 30, that's a reach and there will be much better value there, or we could trade down and get him. I would like either one of thsoe safeties though at pick 30.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote