Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone wanna trade?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Corbin has been my best wire pick up! Thanks yoda!
I even traded some1 to u for Corbin last season. Bad yoda, bad!
Old 07-20-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody wanna trade?

I'm willing to part with some offense studs if I can get a keep-worthy starting pitcher.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Anybody wanna trade?

I'm willing to part with some offense studs if I can get a keep-worthy starting pitcher.
I'm willing to trade Harvey and or Wheeler to all non Mets fans.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also looking to move Prince if anyone is interested. I know some of you might be!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to keep Robinson Cano, Adam Jones, and Craig Kimbrel. After that, who knows?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm going to keep Robinson Cano, Adam Jones, and Craig Kimbrel. After that, who knows?
B.J. Upton!?
Old 07-28-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My keepers right now are prolly Yadi (of course), Craig (of course), DatDudeBP. Other than that right now, I have no idea. I would like to say Cain and Hamilton, but they have their heads up their asses. And I would also like to say Pujols, but he may be breaking...
Old 07-28-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
B.J. Upton!?

Old 07-28-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 8 is looking like this

1. Giancarlo Stanton OF
2. Paul Goldschmidt 1B
3. Manny Machado 3B
4. Matt Kemp OF
5. Mark Trumbo OF/1B/3B
6. Brian McCann C
7. Clayton Kershaw SP
8. Chris Sale SP

McCann is the only one I'm not 100% about.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

D is loading up on Detroit Tigers ... hmmm

I think GF might have been wise to try to sell Fielder before his value plummets, but at the same time, I think I'd have preferred to acquire one very good player instead of two guys that may or may not be keepers.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

With that said, I'm looking to deal.

Oscar Taveras, Jason Heyward, Hisashi Iwakuma and Ian Kinsler are the main guys I'm looking to deal.

I'll also consider trading Jose Bautista or Edwin Encarnacion if you ask nicely.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think GF might have been wise to try to sell Fielder before his value plummets, but at the same time, I think I'd have preferred to acquire one very good player instead of two guys that may or may not be keepers.
Why would his value plummet?
Old 08-05-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:

That's what I told D as well, but I understand why both sides would make each deal.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why would his value plummet?
Career-low OPS. He's been a shell of his former self since the end of April.

As a guy watching him daily, I'm quite alarmed. He won't cease to be a Top 7-8 first baseman, but he's nowhere near his preseason Top 15 player status.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'd like to trade a 2B or 3B if a reasonable deal can be made. Cano, Beltre, and Seager are all playing top 50 baseball this year, but I don't really want to keep all three.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I believe I mentioned this at one point when we were voting on the number of keepers — Do we want a designated "prospect" slot (essentially allowing for 9 keepers)?

The "prospect" distinction can be up for debate, but would probably be anyone who has fewer than X amount of plate appearances or X amount of innings pitched. Maybe could stretch it to include anyone who qualifies as an MLB rookie for 2013.

A quick look at rosters show just about everyone having a good player that'd fall into such a category.

Discuss.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I know we reduced the number of keepers in an effort to level the playing field, but I do think this would still further that effort since, for example, Prince would be allowed to keep Billy Hamilton as his "prospect" rather than needing to include him as one of his 8 keepers.

I know the reluctance to reduce the keepers from 12 to 8 was in large part because people had young guys they had stashed for the future.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we keep it at 8 spots and if someone chooses to keep a prospect, it's part of the risk/reward of fantasy.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 08-05-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't care either way. I just wanted to put the option out there. If anyone shares Prince's opinion, forget I mentioned it.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I have always supported the the idea of a Prospect slot.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-05-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If we do it, I'd say that players qualify if they've spent no more than one season in the majors. Anyone who debuted in the majors this year would qualify still.

I'd like more people to weigh in.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

I am good with the prospect spot.....Wacha wacha
Old 08-06-2013, 02:20 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If we do it, I'd say that players qualify if they've spent no more than one season in the majors. Anyone who debuted in the majors this year would qualify still.

I'd like more people to weigh in.
Yep. Has to play less than a full season.
Closed Thread