Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-04-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn was really hoping wynn would fall back down to me. looked at him over gallon
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I leave for 30 mins to grab lunch after checking the thread all morning, and that's when Docta picks...and then he steals my pick.

*shakes fist*

Well, hopefully at least one of my 2 Meatchicken backs can do work.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith is my #1 WR bro. He'd only be your flex. Share some wealth.

Also, for D/ST scoring, I think we should replace safeties and blocked kicks with forced fumbles.

Last edited by Docta : 08-05-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I'm ok with it if everyone else is, but FF by itself doesn't really show anything since there's no turnover/points. I think fumble recoveries is good and pretty standard, and you have to keep points for a safety.

If we want to do FF, I think it should be 1 point at most.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, we probably shouldn't take away stats. I do think we should be adding a little more though since kickers are worth a lot more right now. And nobody's picking a kicker anytime soon, so I doubt the draft would have gone differently.

Last edited by Docta : 08-05-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Yeah, we probably shouldn't take away stats. I do think we should be adding a little more though since kickers are worth a lot more right now. And nobody's picking a kicker anytime soon, so I doubt the draft would have gone differently.
what do you have in mind? for the most part i took the scoring from fenikz's SEC league but our kickers have opps to lose more points. then again, the SEC is deeper in terms of talent. just post what you have in mind and we can discuss it
Old 08-05-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Budzien was the highest scoring K last year at 107, while MSU was the highest D/ST at 75. .5 for punts increase MSU to 117. Other than the underclassmen, every player taken so far ended up with more than 117.

The top kickers in the conference rarely miss from <40, too. Budzien didn't miss once.

Last edited by Docta : 08-05-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Budzien was the highest scoring K last year at 107, while MSU was the highest D/ST at 75. .5 for punts increase MSU to 117. Other than the underclassmen, every player taken so far ended up with more than 117.

The top kickers in the conference rarely miss from <40, too. Budzien didn't miss once.
i would be open to .5 points for punts. what would that have added to michigan state per game? somewhere between 3-5 i'm guessing? we could also bump up points based on the PA... like 15 for shutouts, 10 for 2-6, and so on.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Per game increased from 5.7 to 9.

The bumping up points for PA works a little. I changed it to 15,12,5,2,0,-1,-4,-7,-10, but it only increased by 4
Old 08-05-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Per game increased from 5.7 to 9.

The bumping up points for PA works a little. I changed it to 15,12,5,2,0,-1,-4,-7,-10, but it only increased by 4
4 total or per game? punts may be the best option if it's total. we could possibly count TFL as +1 and see what that does
Old 08-05-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Per game. There are too many TFLs for that to count.

15,12,8,3,0 increased it by 24. A lot of teams allowed scores in that 3rd level. Guess we could just play around with the PA.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to be out of town without internet for until either Tuesday night or Wednesday afternoon. You can text me and I can pick. If you tell me who PL picks between my picks that would probably help.

419-566-8682

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Damn you Prince I wanted Roberson to last just 1 more round!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

i'm growing concerned that 2 flex spots will stretch our lineups really thin. if anyone has an issue going to 1 flex (keeping the 5 bench spots) let me know. i don't think it will have affected anyone's strategy thus far but i thought i'd get to it before it does
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I'm good either way. I still need a QB so no, it won't affect my drafting strategy haha.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Another bench spot would be cool though.

And for the D/ST scoring, 15,12,9,6,0,-1,-4,-7,-10 seems to be the best. MSU ends up with 104.

Or 15,11,7,3,0. MSU ends up with 86.

Last edited by Docta : 08-05-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

If I decided not to draft a kicker, would I be able to hold 6 players on my bench? Can we add and drop players up until the start of the season?
Old 08-07-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
If I decided not to draft a kicker, would I be able to hold 6 players on my bench? Can we add and drop players up until the start of the season?
hmmm... I feel like we might be best served having a claim period the week before the season followed by regular add/drop up to game time. as for not drafting a kicker, I suppose that's your prerogative. I know most automated fantasy leagues wouldn't let you but I don't particularly care
Old 08-07-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

also for defenses rather increasing points for low scores against, I think we should decrease for high scores against. there were a ton of super high scoring games within the B10 last season that are probably throwing the scoring off
Old 08-07-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

That only helps for the crummy defenses like Purdue and Indiana.

I guess we can just keep it the same. We'd just me making our D's look better than they actually are.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
That only helps for the crummy defenses like Purdue and Indiana.

I guess we can just keep it the same. We'd just me making our D's look better than they actually are.
well in some ways but Ohio State for example finished 33rd in the country in PA and still had a few games where they'd be docked 7 or 10 points. maybe you're right though, it would give a boost to ****** defenses and not help the good ones
Old 08-07-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Here's the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lpXN kE#gid=0

The formula is in the 'pts allow' column. I only kept track of the MSU, UM, PSU, and NW PA though.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

check out the extra set i added below yours..

PA would be: +20,+15,+10,+5,0,-3,-5,-7 for the categories going down the list

edit: i also added 1.5 for sacks

Last edited by sbh15 : 08-07-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Added an extra set below yours with .5 punts. Which one do you prefer?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

i'm not sure yet. a 20+ point game from a defense would basically guarantee you victory though which doesn't seem right. i suppose for that reason i'd lean toward .5 punts but it concerns me that it takes wisconsin from 6th best under the current system to being just 5 points and the 2nd best behind michigan state