Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-05-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My family and I have moved to Cookeville, TN. I've joined a CrossFit Box here and have been getting some good workouts in. I find I'm much better at pushing myself when I'm working out in a group and have trainers watching me, encouraging me and helping me maintain good form. I'm really drinking the CrossFit kool-aid these days.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm debating joining a crossfit for networking purposes. They just opened one on Wall Street and if I start teaching teaching these tools how to oly lift, maybe they'll offer me hefty bonus money in return.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm debating joining a crossfit for networking purposes. They just opened one on Wall Street and if I start teaching teaching these tools how to oly lift, maybe they'll offer me hefty bonus money in return.
Are you a certified olympic lift trainer? That's a nice cert to have these days. Want to get myself certified in that soon.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you're a regular bob benson.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Are you a certified olympic lift trainer? That's a nice cert to have these days. Want to get myself certified in that soon.
I have a BS personal trainer cert that I got so I could train at my college gym. I do know what I'm doing though.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They would probably require you to pass a CrossFit Level 1 cert before they'd even consider letting you coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
My family and I have moved to Cookeville, TN. I've joined a CrossFit Box here and have been getting some good workouts in. I find I'm much better at pushing myself when I'm working out in a group and have trainers watching me, encouraging me and helping me maintain good form. I'm really drinking the CrossFit kool-aid these days.
It's it CrossFit Mayhem? As in Rich Froning's gym? LUCKY.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
They would probably require you to pass a CrossFit Level 1 cert before they'd even consider letting you coach.
Not planning on being an actual trainer. Just going in there, dominating and getting these corporate big wigs intrigued.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
It's it CrossFit Mayhem? As in Rich Froning's gym? LUCKY.
Yeah, I'm training at Mayhem right now. There are actually 3 Crossfit boxes in town and all within walking distance of my place. It's a nice perk.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not planning on being an actual trainer. Just going in there, dominating and getting these corporate big wigs intrigued.

Take their lunch money too.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Take their lunch money too.
you're not dead?
Old 08-31-2013, 06:45 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I injured myself just by watching this:

I also read this Louie Simmons article last night (I believe the article is from around 2000). Here's an excerpt:

Quote:
When a prominent pro basketball coach said that Olympic squats were the best for his players and that a two-times bodyweight squat was all an athlete needs, I realized that a weak coach can only produce weak players. This coach and many like him must have a huge library and a very small weight room. Take Ben Johnson, for example. He squatted 620 at about 200 pounds. That’s three times bodyweight! Football players' careers are being shortened not by the competition but by the fact that they are too frail compared to 10 years ago. I saw Brett Favre come out of the locker room and squat cold with the linemen using the same weight. That's like having five quarterbacks protecting your quarterback, and that's bull.
I'm not sure if that says more about Favre or his linemen.

Last edited by WCH : 08-31-2013 at 06:49 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today's 9/11 WOD was rough. But it was supposed to be.

2001m run
11 36" box jumps
11 thrusters 125 pounds =125 deaths at The Pentagon) we will use 135
11 burpee to chest to bar pull ups (used a band for assistance)
11 power cleans 175 pounds= AA Flight #175, south tower)we will use 175/145lbs (nope, 135 lbs. for me)
11 hand stand push ups
11 kb swings (32kg/24kg)(2/1.5) American swings (used 24kg)
11 toes to bars
11 deadlifts (77kg = Flight 77) we will use 175/145lbs (went with 185 for the hell of it)
11 push jerk 110 pounds = # of floors in each tower *we will use 135/95lbs
2001m row

Finished in 51:32. I feel like I got hit by a semi truck.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-20-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Pulled 315 and then 345 for 5 reps today on deadlift. **** yeah.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-23-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's starting to get too cold for me to run outside in the morning. :(

Also I was going to get a membership at a rock climbing gym and start doing that once a week and yoga twice a week there, and someone DIED there yesterday. So I really don't want to do that anymore.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant believe crossfit is so popular. Girlfriend convinced me to go to a training thing with her at the warehouse-gym down the road from her house.

brb, everything seemed like dumb competition
brb, coaches saying I needed to develop upper-body strength (i bench 365)
brb, no form
brb, people going to get hurt

10minutes in i said **** this, and left
Old 09-25-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
It's starting to get too cold for me to run outside in the morning. :(

Also I was going to get a membership at a rock climbing gym and start doing that once a week and yoga twice a week there, and someone DIED there yesterday. So I really don't want to do that anymore.
What kind of yoga do you do?

I do basic stretching right now, but I think I'm getting to the point where I don't feel the stretch anymore. So maybe I can try some new stuff.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The plan is hatha yoga on Wednesday nights and yin yoga on Saturday mornings. I've generally done hatha type stuff but my gf drags me to random ****. Some of it's way too intense and stamina based and my shoulders just die 20 minutes in.

We need to get the ******* thread back on track. Been waking up at 5am to workout for about a month now, going pretty well, like it a ton more than going after work. Need to start getting more sleep though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg

Last edited by draftguru151 : 09-25-2013 at 10:16 AM.
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
Cant believe crossfit is so popular. Girlfriend convinced me to go to a training thing with her at the warehouse-gym down the road from her house.

brb, everything seemed like dumb competition
brb, coaches saying I needed to develop upper-body strength (i bench 365)
brb, no form
brb, people going to get hurt

10minutes in i said **** this, and left
It depends on where you go. There are ****** CF gyms and there are good ones. The problem is CF corporate don't exert a lot of control over their affiliates. Get your cert and go through the training and you're on your own. As popular as it is you will have some losers looking to make a buck without good programming or coaching. It's not for everyone but I love it.

---

Did triples on deadlift today, worked up to 365. I am looking forward to maxing, hopefully next week.

WOD was 5 3-minute rounds of

5 wall climbs (these suck balls)
10 50lb. slam balls over shoulder
10 50lb. slam ball squats

Best round was 2 min, worst 2:52. I am down to 207 from 240 in April, blood pressure down from 150/90 range to 116/78. Weeeeee.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-25-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Crossfit isn't for people who think they know it all about fitness. If you're gonna walk into a Crossfit gym with a big ego and a chip on your shoulder, don't bother. You're gonna get hurt.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday at the gym got into a convo about squatting and someone bet me I couldn't squat 350, I haven't did heavy squats or barely even squat on a regular basis since high school 6 years ago. But the money was too good not to try so I warmed up with 135 just to get the form and motion back and did it pretty easily. 50 dollars richer and can barely walk, so worth it.

I should try going to the gym in the morning like dg does, I always get sucked into playing basketball for the night when I go in the evening.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's 350 one rep?
Old 09-25-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah (10char)

Old 09-25-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Heels to ass? Real men squat deep. :)
Old 09-25-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

ass to the grass

Old 09-25-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

That is damn good, especially for not having squatted in a long time.

i done stole dis sig