So... now there's a thread for this. Can't wait to see them play on Thursday.
Excited to see:
- Golden Tate's development. I feel like he and Russell Wilson have developed a good rapport and chemistry and Russell's not afraid to throw it up to him. I think Tate's going to have a bunch of highlight-reel plays this year.
- Christine Michael. I think he's going to unseat Turbin sooner rather than later as Marshawn's backup, and frankly, I'm not sure the Seahawks have ever had a running back as explosive as Michael. Make no mistake, Marshawn is going to be the starter all the way through, but don't be surprised to see Michael get significant carries and I think he could crack 500 rushing yards as a rookie. Even if he's not a big factor immediately in the running game, word is they're going to give him a look at kick returner, so that's something else to watch in the preseason.
- Luke Willson. Like Michael, Willson is probably the most explosive player the Seahawks have had at his respective position. Zach Miller's not going to blow by anybody, but Willson can. He's catching touchdowns in camp, and I expect that to continue into the season. Think the front office snagged another 5th-round diamond in the rough with him the more I see and hear.
- Spencer Ware. I love the running backs Pete Carroll is collecting. How awesome would it be if Ware develops into a John L. Williams sort of player? I think that's the skillset he has to offer. I certainly don't expect that of him right away, but I think he's going to be fun to watch in preseason games and I really hope he makes the roster. (I think it's a good bet he will.)
- Defensive tackle. Jesse Williams sounds like he's still having problems with his knee, and they let Alan Branch go. Who's going to clog the middle? Jaye Howard's undersized for that role. Jordan Hill's more of a penetrator than a clogger as well. Is that job going to go to one of the new guys? Is Mebane supposed to be double-teamed all game? We had serious problems stopping the run late last year, and I think the roster's a little thin. (Pun kind of intended.) I'm just not sure who they have that's going to anchor the line. They've got Mebane, but other than that it seems like a bunch of pass-rushers and that makes me nervous. A running team has got to be able to stop the run.