Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yep. Has to play less than a full season.
Should we call it the Yasiel Puig slot just for you?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 prospect slot is nice. Should be guys with less than 50 IP or 130 AB. That's how MLB defines rookie besides the service time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
1 prospect slot is nice. Should be guys with less than 50 IP or 130 AB. That's how MLB defines rookie besides the service time.
I'll put it to vote. I think the rookie threshold should be higher but still less than a full season. Still need more people to weigh in.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for the trade yeah Prince has me worried as hell the way he's been playing and 1B is easy to find. I think Corbin is a sure fire keeper.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for the trade yeah Prince has me worried as hell the way he's been playing and 1B is easy to find. I think Corbin is a sure fire keeper.
Another satisfied trade partner.

Who's next? djp? BF? ..... yoda???
Old 08-06-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Another satisfied trade partner.

Who's next? djp? BF? ..... yoda???
I'll take Verlander.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decided that this is going to be my last year in this league. I have a decent core assembled but simply can't find the time or motivation (mostly motivation) to keep up with this for the entire year. I figured it's best to let you guys know now and possibly find a replacement that can shape the team heading into the offseason.

Been a pleasure playing with all of you.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Thanks, DJP.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Decided that this is going to be my last year in this league. I have a decent core assembled but simply can't find the time or motivation (mostly motivation) to keep up with this for the entire year. I figured it's best to let you guys know now and possibly find a replacement that can shape the team heading into the offseason.

Been a pleasure playing with all of you.
Say it ain't soooooo!!!!!!

Had a great run. Thanks for the trade memories. Fun times.

When I think about where I was in my life when this league started to where it is now... it's amazing... but along the way, playing with MOST of you guys has been fun! Let me stress MOST. lol jk. Love you guys honestly.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolten Wong is mine!

It's a three team race between, D, Brody, & myself for the 2nd to last pick in next years draft.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Kolten Wong is mine!

It's a three team race between, D, Brody, & myself for the 2nd to last pick in next years draft.
I hope he does well!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

10 days from the trade deadline.

Due to their impending exit from the league, DJP and Max are not eligible to make trades with other teams.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

PM me offers. We said 8 keepers?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-21-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
PM me offers. We said 8 keepers?
8 keepers and the prospect slot, which was up for vote and generally well received.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How will we be defining prospect?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 08-21-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
How will we be defining prospect?
Broadly, a guy with less than half of a season in the majors.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I had a thought ...

What if we pooled all of the end-of-season players on DJP and Max's team, then allowed the two replacement owners (when assigned) to have their own keepers draft where they can alternate picking between the guys on those rosters.

I float this idea because DJP's team looks very strong and Max's team looks very weak for keepers. Evening them up to make two more average teams has plenty of merit. It'd also allow the replacement owners to feel a tad more connected to the teams they end up with since they'll have had more of a hand in picking them.

I would not be opposed to allowing Yoda and Prince (both bottom 3 teams) to toss back their rosters and be a part of this as well. If it's agreeable to people, that'd be one way to keep the league fresh for newcomers and struggling teams while also allowing the contending teams every chance to keep their teams largely intact.

Thoughts? I really think this could collectively improve the competitiveness of the bottom third of the league in a way that doesn't penalize the contending teams and break down the rosters they've constructed.

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-21-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am all for getting more competitive. My team is absolute dogshit. IDK if its some of the stupid trades I've made or my drafting of Asians and Cardinals, but its not good.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Does anyone object to this idea? Prince, I'd love for you to weigh in.

I think if we pooled the players on DJP, Max, Yoda and Prince's rosters, allowed the 4 owners (2 new, 2 returning) to then draft X number of keepers out of that pool, then we hold the full league draft, it would really help boost competitiveness.

It could be an annual thing if needed among the bottom third of the league (if they so choose).

EDIT: If we could level the playing field this way, it might even be possible to make it 9 or 10 keepers for everyone instead of dropping all the way to 8. Looks like a win-win proposal to me ...

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-21-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I had a thought ...

What if we pooled all of the end-of-season players on DJP and Max's team, then allowed the two replacement owners (when assigned) to have their own keepers draft where they can alternate picking between the guys on those rosters.

I float this idea because DJP's team looks very strong and Max's team looks very weak for keepers. Evening them up to make two more average teams has plenty of merit. It'd also allow the replacement owners to feel a tad more connected to the teams they end up with since they'll have had more of a hand in picking them.

I would not be opposed to allowing Yoda and Prince (both bottom 3 teams) to toss back their rosters and be a part of this as well. If it's agreeable to people, that'd be one way to keep the league fresh for newcomers and struggling teams while also allowing the contending teams every chance to keep their teams largely intact.

Thoughts? I really think this could collectively improve the competitiveness of the bottom third of the league in a way that doesn't penalize the contending teams and break down the rosters they've constructed.
If the goal is to be more competitive, then your team should be thrown in there as well. The rest of us seem to be battling neck and neck.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
If the goal is to be more competitive, then your team should be thrown in there as well. The rest of us seem to be battling neck and neck.
If my team had been dominant year after year, then you might have a point. But we're trying to boost competitiveness without penalizing the players that are having success.

Reducing the number of keepers already knocks the top teams down a couple pegs.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

NOW I'm STANDING ON YOUR NECK.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-21-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

NOW I'm STANDING ON YOUR NECK.
Hahaha. Just like your picture not working, you fail at a life.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Xio's idea is fine, get over it Hawaiian.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-21-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
If my team had been dominant year after year, then you might have a point. But we're trying to boost competitiveness without penalizing the players that are having success.

Reducing the number of keepers already knocks the top teams down a couple pegs.
Is this something you see happening again when the league is in the same shape that is now?
Closed Thread